Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News New Witcher 3 "Killing Monsters" trailer (CD Projekt cannot into countdowns)

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: CD Projekt; The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

This new trailer for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt was supposed to appear after a 48 hour countdown, but apparently some genius leaked it early, so CD Projekt said fuck it and released it ahead of time. The trailer shows Geralt rescuing a peasant woman from some evil Russian Nilfgaardian troops.

Morally ambiguous!

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
I enjoyed the trailer for the most part. It did, however, feel a little "try-hard" in terms of being gritty.

Hopefully they will have more gameplay footage available soon.

Baron

Arcane
And the Poles said, "Let there be Witcher," and there was Witcher. And I saw that it was :5/5:

Jesus, the detail on that chick (1:59) is unbelievable.

Last edited:

BlackAdderBG

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
This new trailer for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt was supposed to appear after a 48 hour countdown, but apparently some genius leaked it early, so CD Projekt said fuck it and released it ahead of time. The trailer shows Geralt rescuing a peasant woman from some evil Russian Nilfgaardian troops

Aren't Nilfgaardian arabs? Also wtf is Ezio doing in there...:eek:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
This new trailer for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt was supposed to appear after a 48 hour countdown, but apparently some genius leaked it early, so CD Projekt said fuck it and released it ahead of time. The trailer shows Geralt rescuing a peasant woman from some evil Russian Nilfgaardian troops

Aren't Nilfgaardian arabs? Also wtf is Ezio doing in there...:eek:

No, they're really more like Germans (of the Holy Roman Empire variety), but the way the trailer began reminded me of some kind of Call of Duty trailer with evil Russians for some reason. Probably the accents.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Nice trailer. The presentation of the moral choice there is a bit... impulsive and uninformed, but meh. Nice trailer anyway.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
there's no moral ambiguity here. looting and cannibalism in no man's land trying to survive? are those accusations serious?
it's clear that those monsters were killing for their own amusement.

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
He saved her life and supplied her with food.

The exchange between Geralt and the hangman was pretty awesome.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
there's no moral ambiguity here. looting and cannibalism in no man's land trying to survive? are those accusations serious?
it's clear that those monsters were killing for their own amusement.

There's also "murder of the wounded" she's being accused of.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
See, if it was a man about to be hanged no one would have cared at all, but hey, throw in a sobbing womyn who gets roughed up and those white knighting magificks spin into overload. She killed one of the Emprah's own for heaven's sake, robbed him of his hard-earned possessions and, most likely, cooked and ate his man-pole for witchy peasant powers. But of course, being womyn trumps all that, better kill all those innocent guards, oh yeah, got to set that mutilating corpse-looting cannibal free. Why, I never!

:x:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
AHAHAHAHAHAAHA

That trailer is so awesome considering this quote from The Last Wish:

The Last Wish by Andrzej Sapkowski said:
“My first monster, Iola, was bald and had exceptionally rotten teeth. I came across him on the highway where, with some fellow monsters, deserters, he'd stopped a peasant's cart and pulled out a little girl, maybe thirteen years old. His companions held her father while the bald man tore off her dress, yelling it was time for her to meet a real man. I rode up and said the time had come for him, too – I thought I was very witty. The bald monster released the girl and threw himself at me with an axe. He was slow but tough. I hit him twice – not clean cuts, but spectacular, and only then did he fall. His gang ran away when they saw what a witcher's sword could do to a man.... Am I boring you, Iola? I need this, I really do need it. Where was I? My first noble deed. You see, they'd told me again and again in Kaer Morhen not to get involved in such incidents, not to play at being knight errant or uphold the law. Not to show off, but to work for money. And I joined this fight like an idiot, not fifty miles from the mountains. And do you know why? I wanted the girl, sobbing with gratitude, to kiss her savior on the hands, and her father to thank me on his knees. In reality her father fled with his attackers, and the girl, drenched in the bald man's blood, threw up, became hysterical and fainted in fear when I approached her. Since then, I've only very rarely interfered in such matters.”

:lol: Way to miss the point, CDProjekt :lol:

And that isn't even an obscure reference, it's one of the more well-known quotes from the books. Anyway, I predict more storyfapping material with terrible action combat is afoot. If the open world crushes the storyfapping thereby destroying the only good remaining thing in the series, I shall lament it to no end :salute:

See, if it was a man about to be hanged no one would have cared at all, but hey, throw in a sobbing womyn who gets roughed up and those white knighting magificks spin into overload. She killed one of the Emprah's own for heaven's sake, robbed him of his hard-earned possessions and, most likely, cooked and ate his man-pole for witchy peasant powers. But of course, being womyn trumps all that, better kill all those innocent guards, oh yeah, got to set that mutilating corpse-looting cannibal free. Why, I never!

:x:
Cause Geralt probably gets to fuck her like that elven shopkeeper he helped in TW2. :smug:

AHAHAHAHAHAAHA

“My first monster, Iola, was bald and had exceptionally rotten teeth. I came across him on the highway where, with some fellow monsters, deserters, he'd stopped a peasant's cart and pulled out a little girl, maybe thirteen years old. His companions held her father while the bald man tore off her dress, yelling it was time for her to meet a real man. I rode up and said the time had come for him, too – I thought I was very witty. The bald monster released the girl and threw himself at me with an axe. He was slow but tough. I hit him twice – not clean cuts, but spectacular, and only then did he fall. His gang ran away when they saw what a witcher's sword could do to a man.... Am I boring you, Iola? I need this, I really do need it. Where was I? My first noble deed. You see, they'd told me again and again in Kaer Morhen not to get involved in such incidents, not to play at being knight errant or uphold the law. Not to show off, but to work for money. And I joined this fight like an idiot, not fifty miles from the mountains. And do you know why? I wanted the girl, sobbing with gratitude, to kiss her savior on the hands, and her father to thank me on his knees. In reality her father fled with his attackers, and the girl, drenched in the bald man's blood, threw up, became hysterical and fainted in fear when I approached her. Since then, I've only very rarely interfered in such matters.”

And that isn't even an obscure reference, it's one of the more well-known quotes from the books. Anyway, I predict more storyfapping material with terrible action combat is afoot. If the open world crushes the storyfapping thereby destroying the only good remaining thing in the series, I shall lament it to no end :salute:
THIS:obviously:

we want mature audience:lol: so edgy, so dark, so gritty. those combos seemed sexier and darker and more awesome:yeah:

Q

Augur
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2
I just hope you can then murder and rape her after the rescue.

kenup

Scholar
Codex 2014
AHAHAHAHAHAAHA

:bravo:

Nice quote. Great way to deconstruct all the "OMG! It's exactly like the books!!1!" comments.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom