Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Information Underrail Released on Steam Early Access

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Tags: Stygian Software; Underrail

Styg's Fallout-inspired turn-based isometric RPG Underrail, which recently got greenlit, is now available for purchase on Steam Early Access:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/250520/

Underrail is an old school turn-based isometric indie role playing game that focuses on exploration and combat.

The game is set in a distant future, when the life on the Earth’s surface has long since been made impossible and the remnants of humanity now dwell in the Underrail, a vast system of metro station-states that, it seems, are the last bastions of a fading race.​

For those still in the dark about Steam's Early Access, it's basically a pre-order that also lets you play the latest alpha/beta version of the game:

“This game is still in development. By purchasing this game now you will gain access to the latest stable alpha build and you will receive the full game once it’s complete.

Currently a good chunk of the campaign is finished and playable, but there is still a lot to come. As the development goes on, we will be adding more areas, quests, items, abilities and enemies, until the game is finished. Save game compatibility between major content releases is not guaranteed, but you will be able to export/import your characters and use them to explore the new content.

Help us make a bigger and better game by purchasing now.”​

Buy the game here. Seriously, buy it. It's just that good.

Bought a second copy on Steam anyway, Styg is far too generous with his pricing as it is and we need to drive this as far up the charts as possible.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
I agree with Slaughter, i don't mind supporting developers with pre-orders, but playing pre-release version of their games is not something i regularly do, with the exception of AoD, i think that was the last game i played in those terms.

What's the consensus on this btw? C&C wise.

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I don't see the appeal of playing a half-finished game before its launched, but that's just me.
When I played the alpha of Underrail, it was better than finished games out at the time. Now, I have other games to play, so I don't download the latest version to play, and I'm hoping to wait until it's finished.

Picked it up earlier today, but game crashes on launch. Reinstalled to no avail. Guess I'll check it out again a few months/updates down the road.

Fireblade

Erudite
No real interest in playing it until it's complete, but will buy on Steam now just to support development. Wish Steam would let you pay more than the asking price (which seems too low here, even the Realms of Arkania HD scam was $20...)

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
No real interest in playing it until it's complete, but will buy on Steam now just to support development. Wish Steam would let you pay more than the asking price (which seems too low here, even the Realms of Arkania HD scam was $20...)

Styg, give the man your Paypal address ;)

Styg

Stygian Software
Developer

Styg, give the man your Paypal address ;)

I don't live in first world country, I wouldn't be able to withdraw. :( But you can finance my graphics artist that way if you want. :P

Fireblade

Erudite
With Steam, I suppose the best way would be to find some people to buy it as a gift for...

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Anyone got system specs?
Underrail was the game once called "Timelapse Vertigo", right? Remember reading a few things about it.
I wanted to play this game's demo, but I always had problems downloading it at Desura, what a shitty site.

I don't see the appeal of playing a half-finished game before its launched, but that's just me.

That's what I usually do too. But then I downloaded the pre-alpha demo, had a blast with it and right afterwards bought it at desura. If you don't want to spend money beforehand just download the old demo. It's nowhere near the current version, but it will give you a taste, and won't spoil much of the game if that's what you're afraid of. Then if you've enjoyed it, buy the game to support the developer.

If you like the original Fallout there's no way you wont like this game, Styg has done a magnificent job.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
I wanted to buy it but Steam won't let me use my Paypal account now that I moved. That's funny considering other services like GOG and GamersGate, the latter also changing prices and currency based on location, have no problem with that. I guess I'll contact their customer support and see what's up.

Mantic

Educated
How do you get money in this game at early levels if you suck at combat and aren't specializing in pick pocket? I'm trying to play as a pure Psychic type guy but I couldn't even find a way to get 50 credits so the guy at lower station could teach me Psi skills.

Styg

Stygian Software
Developer
How do you get money in this game at early levels if you suck at combat and aren't specializing in pick pocket? I'm trying to play as a pure Psychic type guy but I couldn't even find a way to get 50 credits so the guy at lower station could teach me Psi skills.

You start with bunch of credits. You can pick them up from a container in your room.

Mantic

Educated

You start with bunch of credits. You can pick them up from a container in your room.
hehe, now I feel like an idiot

Styg

Stygian Software
Developer

hehe, now I feel like an idiot

Heh, you shouldn't. I forget to pick them up often when I play as well. Should really move them inside the desk. :)

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
I wanted to buy it but Steam won't let me use my Paypal account now that I moved. That's funny considering other services like GOG and GamersGate, the latter also changing prices and currency based on location, have no problem with that. I guess I'll contact their customer support and see what's up.
steam checks your ip vs the country your paypal acc is registered in. been a fucking nightmare for me too since i moved to potatoland.
you need to buy/log in via the webpage and use the ?cc= suffix with the matching country code.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
Bought it, but it's basically a preorder for me, since I don't like playing early builds of games.

mvBarracuda

Augur
Awesome. I'm ordering right now. Have been waiting for this since 2 weeks.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom