Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community Playing with Chris Avellone's Fallout PnP cards

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Tags: Chris Avellone; Fallout 3 (Van Buren)

In relation to this and this on Twitter, these arrived two days ago but I only got around to scanning them today:

If anyone’s ever curious:

- We used them while training/testing PNP rules for Van Buren (the 1st iteration).

- The First Aid cards and Doctor cards represented how many people could “use” per session depending on their skill level.

- The Pip Points were similar to XP in Numenera – you could gain them by doing cool things during the adventure, and then spend them to reroll a die if need be during the game session (it was basically a reward for role-playing and participation).

Chris​

They're getting added to the Codex hoard of goodies we're collecting as a result of all the KickStarter stuff. If you would like to win them or something, I am now taking suggestions.

That sticky note is never getting removed.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
DarkUnderlord - This is the Codex so begging seems to be a more appropriate response instead of:
If you would like to win them or something, I am now taking suggestions.

:troll:

Seriously, those are too cool. Would love to add them to my collection! Maybe add them to the W2 or P:E goodies that you'll be giving away?

hexer

Maybe one could be "won" by my team once we ship our Van Buren mod for Fallout 2 ;)

hexer

It's a bit too ambitious.

I know but I like big projects like these so I'm not intimidated by it. I wouldn't start or even go public about it knowing that I can't pull it off.
As a (veteran) Fallout fan, I know exactly how many times we were disappointed in the past so I'm not here to rub salt into anyone's wounds.

SerratedBiz

Arcane
I know but I like big projects like these so I'm not intimidated by it. I wouldn't start or even go public about it knowing that I can't pull it off.
As a (veteran) (insert game) fan, I know exactly how many times we were disappointed in the past so I'm not here to rub salt into anyone's wounds.

Quilty

Magister
I suggest a drawing competition! Perhaps DU could paste a few interesting combat descriptions from Fallout, and the competitors have to try and draw the scene. Has potential for some hilarity.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Remind me of Monopoly cards.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom