Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Age of Decadence December Update

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Tags: Age of Decadence; Iron Tower Studios; Vault Dweller

Vince has posted a new development update for his turn-based RPG The Age of Decadence, available for preorder on Steam early access. Have a snippet:

Our first 45 days on Steam. It’s an important milestone because it’s our first release on a major portal, outside the safety of dedicated RPG sites. I wasn’t sure how well the game would be received by a wider audience and whether or not they would enjoy it or reject it outright.

So far the reception’s been very and surprisingly positive, so we spent less time in the trenches dealing with complaints and more time processing feedback and planning updates. We’re aiming to update the game every month, which means that we have to work on the rest of the game while simultaneously improving the early access areas and making everything better and then much better.

Overall, the feedback can be summed up as “More!” which is encouraging. Namely, more quests (especially non-combat quests for loremasters, thieves, and grifters) and more characters to talk to in general. In fact, more characters to talk to (and more worldbuilding) is request #1.

We agree, of course, that Maadoran should have a lot more content and be a busy city with history and secrets and we’ll do our best to deliver, one update at a time.

The January update will feature:

- Achievements so that we can see how people play the game, what they do, and how far they get
- A little adventure for loremasters, a storyteller at the local inn, and a caravan master.
- Quest tweaks – now you can loot the Crimson Eye artefact from Gaelius’ body or get it from Serenas, if you manage to convince him that he shouldn’t fear magic. This will open the tower of Zamedi to assassins, thieves, and praetors.
- The healing machine placeholder has finally been replaced with the real thing; our apologies for the inconvenience.
- Training from Kemnebi and Erebus.
- Bug fixes and performance improvements

And finally some trivia:

We sold 1,200 copies in 2 weeks (since the last update), which isn’t bad, considering all the Christmas and New Year sales – many thanks for the support.

7,194 people downloaded the demo and 549 people bought the game after – 7.6% conversion rate

We made a mistake counting locations somewhere (yes, I’m THAT absent-minded). Not 10 but 12 locations will be added​

For the list of locations to be added, read the update in full here.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Sigh, I fear that there will be many months before the final game will be released.

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
Didn't realize the updates were monthly. This isn't going to be a good thing for my productivity.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Whoa, are you sure that's a possibility?
No need to be smug. Clearly the release is nowhere in sight. According to the beta reviews, and VD's aim for perfection (which is not bad), they might develop it a few more years.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
"[...] it’s our first release on a major portal, outside the safety of dedicated RPG sites"
"[...] so we spent less time in the trenches dealing with complaints and more time processing feedback and planning updates."

:smug:

By the time the game will be finished, the title will have changed to New Age of Post-Decadence.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Nah, you're exaggerating. I see steady progress at a decent pace ever since R2 Teron release.

hiver

yeah, its been going like this for quite some time. since the first release of the old arena combat demo, actually.

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
Sigh, I fear that there will be many months before the final game will be released.

Don't fear that, just be assured that it will :smug:

We are aiming the Beta test of the final city by May.
Awesome. How is it going to work, are you going to be able to go back to cities you've already been to later on in the game?

Boxer

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
What the f! VD is potato? Whats with the last name and all?

aratuk

Cipher
What the f! VD is potato? Whats with the last name and all?
http://whois.domaintools.com/irontowerstudio.com

According to that he's either Serge Podorojansky or Jason Smith

The former is apparently responsible for this handsome Age of Decadence sweatshirt, and this practical Age of Decadence soup thermos, and this stylin' Age of Decadence wall calendar.

Why are there no links to these things on the Iron Tower website? Or have I missed them?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom