Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Dead State Released on Steam Early Access

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Dead State; DoubleBear Productions

After some last minute issues that caused it to be delayed by 24 hours, Dead State has been released on Steam Early Access, with the increasingly standard price tag of $25. Backers, of course, will get the game for free, as the accompanying Kickstarter update explains:

Hey everyone,

Dead State is going on Steam in a matter of minutes. We're going to be sending out the codes for KS backers and Pre-Orders as fast as we can. Email server limits and issues may prevent us from sending them all out at once, but we will process them until we're done. If you don't get a code right away, don't worry, it's coming. If a day or two passes and you still don't have a code, message us and we'll see what we can do. At this point, the team is pretty wrecked, very little sleep, two leads down from fevers, etc. We're hoping to make this as smooth as possible, so please be patient.

Thanks, everybody - enjoy the demo, and please feel free to leave feedback on our forums!
Vaporware no longer! It will be interesting to see how Dead State stacks up against the other RPGs released this year. While you're waiting for your key, you might want to check out the game's nicely detailed manual.

Update: A list of the known issues in Dead State's Early Access build has been posted over at the game's official forums.

Update 2: Steam keys should be arriving now. Check your spam folder if you don't see yours!

EG

Nullified
Balls, if only I didn't donate through the Codex.

Such is life.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
Balls, if only I didn't donate through the Codex.

Such is life.
yeah, kinda sucky that they only promised us 15 copies and not 20, since top 20 required 25+ bucks.

likaq

Arcane
Yes, I know that.
But when I see retarded posts like that I want kill those fuckers.

ColCol

Arcane
Lol,his screen name is songbird, that should say all we need to know about him.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
He has .5 hours in the game and claims he has finished it.
hours logged as shown by steam is a worthless and inaccurate statistic. his actual time can be anything upwards of 0.5h

Deleted member 7219

I'll activate the key so it's all ready for when the full game comes out, but I won't be playing it. I've done the same with Divinity: Original Sin and Wasteland 2.

I played too much of Age of Decadence and I already feel like I spoiled the game. I think I'll prefer playing the full version in all its glory.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
hours logged as shown by steam is a worthless and inaccurate statistic. his actual time can be anything upwards of 0.5h
Anonymous comments on the internet are a worthless and inaccurate measure of anything. his actual opinion and chances that he beat the game can be anything including [but not limited to] what he wrote

Monty

Arcane
Do you have a refund procedure through Steam? I played the game for a few minutes and did not realize there would be so much dialog clicking through and not enough action/gameplay for me.

:M

This stuff is quite amusing. Plenty of trolling, no shortage of retards.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Anonymous comments on the internet are a worthless and inaccurate measure of anything. his actual opinion and chances that he beat the game can be anything including [but not limited to] what he wrote
i am merely saying that it's very common for steam not to log hours properly due to you playing in offline mode, it having connection issues or the game using a launcher that steam dislikes.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
My key landed in the Spam folder. After marking it as non-spam, it landed in my Promotions folder. r00fles!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom