Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News FTL: Advanced Edition Released

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Faster Than Light; Subset Games

The free "Advanced Edition" update for FTL: Faster Than Light was released today. Originally announced last November, the Advanced Edition adds many new features, including new events written by Chris Avellone. Here's the announcement from the game's Steam page:

FTL: Advanced Edition is available!

FTL: AE is free expansion to FTL which includes a new alien race along with new events, weapons, playable ships, drones, and more! It also adds additional musical tracks by Ben Prunty, and events by Tom Jubert and guest writer Chris Avellone.

If you own FTL on Steam it should automatically update the game to the newest version, v1.5.4. If you instead own a DRM-Free version of FTL, you need to re-download the game from the original location and then re-install it. The following link has more information about updating DRM-Free versions - Update Instructions [www.ftlgame.com]
Additional information about the new stuff added in the Advanced Edition can be found on the game's official website.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
hm, i just got an engi crewmember with all skills maxed from a random event...

Achiman

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Saw this loading in steam just before heading off to work. Tactical sickie was very, very tempting.

Trojan_generic

Magister
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!

If you own FTL on Steam it should automatically update the game to the newest version, v1.5.4. If you instead own a DRM-Free version of FTL, you need to re-download the game from the original location and then re-install it. The following link has more information about updating DRM-Free versions - Update Instructions [www.ftlgame.com]
Link above points to Steam, is shit. Thanks anyway.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
All FTL needed was more content.
And it's here.

Glorious! I will be gone for a week, strapped to my chair~

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Played this a bit. So far approve. Functions like Save Crew Positions are a god-sent, and I got some new weapons and systems which were pretty cool and unique! This game truly is a gem :)

Drowed

Arcane
Damn, I did not remember that the flagship was so difficult. They made some modification there? Either that or I'm completely rusty. The second stage with the drones is simply raping me every time. I lost 4 matches today, there, every single one. Other than that, I can say that the function to save crew positions is a blessing, and I really enjoyed the greater variety of events. None of the additions I've noticed so far mischaracterized the game, it just added new interesting things and expanded the options.

A great job, no doubt.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
Damn, I did not remember that the flagship was so difficult. They made some modification there?
it gets the same access to new stuff that you do. 'twas fun starting the fight with hacked weapons. so. very. fun.

Modron

Arcane
The changes to the flagship that I noticed were: 1) They connected the 2 innermost weapon stations to the rest of the ship no more teleporting 2 manti into the missile launcher asap and 2) they added a hacking module to the ship (this can be brutal when they latch on to your shield system; cloaking is your friend then).

Last edited:

Snozgobler

Educated
Very much enjoying the new additions to FTL, especially the option to work to unlock the crystal ship by completing the game with every other ship A and B. It was frustrating for me that it was the only ship I hadn't found, and that getting access to it was largely RNG

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Haven't had time to play it much but so far I tend think, and according to the feedback people give I am apparently not alone, this is what FTL needed: more content.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Eh, I thought it had enough content already for a $10/bundle fodder game. This update does add a lot of stuff, though. Worthy of a $5 expansion but for free... even better.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Eh, I thought it had enough content already for a $10/bundle fodder game

Sure, but it still got a bit tiresome too quickly for my tastes. There seems to be quite a bit of new content and events.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
crew members disappearing to random events keeps fucking me over. urrk

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
It's a lot harder now, I can't even get to the flagship. (I am playing fresh so I just have the Torus and the Kestrel)

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Eh, I thought it had enough content already for a $10/bundle fodder game

Sure, but it still got a bit tiresome too quickly for my tastes. There seems to be quite a bit of new content and events.

I got at least 25 hours out of the vanilla version. Seems pretty good for the price. I mean... it's no reviewer comp but hey~

ColCol

Arcane

SwiftCrack

Arcane
The flagship just kills me now with whichever strategy I use on easy.

Almost made it past phase one yesterday with the Federation Cruiser-B

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Meh, not too exciting. Why? Because Out There has been released on Android for quite some time now, and kicks the ever-loving shit out of FTL.

You want to play a real, rogue-like space game? Load up Out There. It's a thousand times better, you'll wonder what you were thinking when you installed FTL.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.miclos.google.games.outthere

Apples and oranges. Plant!

yes, apples and oranges; one is a pew-pew space Mario brothers, and one is an adventure fit for the adult mind.

set

Cipher
lol

a mobile game 'fit for the adult mind'

yeah, uh huh

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom