Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mod News Bloodlines fan patch/mod 1.7 released

Spazmo

Erudite
Tags: Troika Games; Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines; VTMB Unofficial Patch

The Bloodlines fan patch, which has a lot of good fixes but a lot of dubious modifications, has now hit version 1.7. Here are some download links: <a href=http://www.3dgamers.com/news/more/1096482720/>3D Gamers</a>, <a href=http://files.filefront.com/VThe_Masquerade_Bloodlines_unofficial_patch_17/;4092700;;/fileinfo.html>FileFront</a>, <a href=http://www.ggmania.com/?smsid=19631>Gameguru Mania</a>. And here's some changelog:<blockquote>v1.7
<br>
----
<br>
- Lessened the sway of zoomed weapons and balanced with magnification.
<br>
- Replaced some male hunters at the Leopold Society with female ones.
<br>
- Corrected bug that made it possible to get Ox's harvest quest twice.
<br>
- Restored original funny answers when not being able to read a tome.
<br>
- Fixed bug of Heather not appearing at the haven for female vampires.
<br>
- Restored original models for the low and high grade computer tomes.
<br>
- Made Yukie give you the Ra blade instead of taking it from Chastity.
<br>
- Corrected wrong name of the cafe and other locations and map names.
<br>
- Provided 1 xp for keeping Zhao alive and modified quest accordingly.
<br>
- Fixed feat conditions in Muddy bum dialogue and a missing variable.
<br>
- Awarded 1 xp for killing Bruno Giovanni and changed log accordingly.
<br>
- Corrected wrong subtitles speaker name for Vandal and other people.
<br>
- Restored many mistyped intimidate options and some answers to Pisha. ashing bugs that have been missed up until now.</blockquote>Well, most of that seems to be pretty solid changes. If only the more questionable changes of past updates were optional, this would be great.
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.bluesnews.com">Blue's News</A>

jiujitsu

Cipher
Project: Eternity
Yea, it does sound pretty good. Too moddish for me, though.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Funny thing is tho, the Tal meh ra I believe is another name for the True Black Hand, so it does make sense that it would be in the Sabbat hq, and not in the hands of Chastity or Yukie.

Avin

Liturgist
Major_Blackhart said:
Funny thing is tho, the Tal meh ra I believe is another name for the True Black Hand, so it does make sense that it would be in the Sabbat hq, and not in the hands of Chastity or Yukie.

The TRUE Black Hand IS NOT the Sabbath. There's an WOD book explaining this, i can't remember which.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Yeah, the Sabbat fights Gehenna, the True Black hand tries to hurry it along. I thought the True Hand was an organization within the Sabbat, only about 200 of them or so.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
That's fucking stupid. It's like adding female clergy into some map with priests and monks on it. Which, by the way, is what the Leopold Society is - A BUNCH OF PRIESTS!

Balor

Arcane
Now they only have to add a bunch of black, cripple gays there and we have totally politically correct Society :).

Calis

Pensionado
Avin said:
The TRUE Black Hand IS NOT the Sabbath. There's an WOD book explaining this, i can't remember which.
"Dirty Secrets of the Black Hand"

Antagonist

Liturgist
Sol Invictus said:
That's fucking stupid. It's like adding female clergy into some map with priests and monks on it. Which, by the way, is what the Leopold Society is - A BUNCH OF PRIESTS!

Chastity was a female hunter so it does not break continuity with the presentation of the SoL, at least in the game.

Antagonist

Liturgist
Major_Blackhart said:
She may have been a hunter, but was she SOL? I dont think it was mentioned.

You are right, it was an assumption on my part. With all the SoL activity in the cityand the high level of Chastity's training I naturally assumend that she was a member although "independent" hunters like the asian girl suggest that there are hunters beyond the SoL.

Spazmo

Erudite
Well, if these guys added female Society of Leopold hunters, then that probably means the models for them already existed, so I don't see what the big deal is. Besides, it's not specified anywhere that the hunters are all priests themselves. They're just really devout folks who are members of a particular order. If it bugs you that much, call the male ones monks and the female ones nuns.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Warrior nuns with huge knockers wearing their habits and leather thongs with huge nipple piercings and clit piercings and 6" stiletto heel thigh highs and carrying a riding whip. Oh yeah.... (fap fap fap)

Naked_Lunch

Erudite
em-naughty-nun.jpg

God dammit, I wish my church had nuns like that.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
So when are we going to see some new content seeing as the game's apparently so modable?

Greatatlantic

Erudite
DarkUnderlord said:
So when are we going to see some new content seeing as the game's apparently so modable?

Bloodlines Modable? No, its one of the most resistent games to modding known to man. Especially when it comes to creating new content. The fact its almost been a year since its release and only now somebody gets around to correcting the typos... is evident of this fact. People have created skins, maybe changed a numerical value or two, but no one has managed create new content in terms of levels or the like.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Yeah, I called up activision, and offered to pay relatively large bucks for their SDK. Said they wouldnt be selling it, as it was company policy that they didnt.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
If they're replacing characters with other models though and can change dialogue, it can't be too hard to tear out the heart of China Town and add in a whole bunch of new content around characters that are already there?

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Well, interestingly enough, they already have several editors (limited model as well), though no map editors that can recompile into bloodlines format. The limited model editor can do certain things, but apparently there are certain parameters that must stay the same, otherwise it wont work.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom