Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

_

Look away for a week and have codex do the traditional CYOA thing and pick the worst possible option :M

I mean, we got betrayed by a Goa'uld. No one could have predicted it!

a cut of domestic sheep prime

I upped the effectiveness of the jaffa because they're a bad joke.
well they're more effective, but to the point that I doubt we'll have a chance. I had kind of thought we'd have at least some experience fighting them off, but I forgot that in this universe they hadn't even killed Ra.
Speaking of which, I also had a plotline for what would have happened had you recovered the sarcophagus. Obviously, that's out. From this point, Maybourne will assume command of the SGC because your play-style suits his character. I'll post an update as soon as I can think of which way to go next.
well, you could do that...or we could just switch to an alternate universe where we didn't pick that choice.

obviously, not everything in that universe would be the same though, per stargate lore. some sort of consequence. (like Cassie being a lesbian or O'Neill having a secret crush on us.)

just a suggestion to make up for my leading us all into sphere diplomacy/devour soul...again :M

edit: guess not. oh well. rip, makepeace.

Last edited by a moderator:

to those who are raging at me, ask yourself: who is worse? me? or you for following me into the jaws of death? :M

Nahel

Arcane
to those who are raging at me, ask yourself: who is worse? me? or you for following me into the jaws of death? :M

We confused weak for smart and paid for it. We should have taken the religious fool or frozen everything I guess. But taking worst choice is codex tradition.

But I opposed you and I am a codexer so I need to rage:flamesaw:

Hellraiser

Arcane
I think you've all done very well. Your two biggest mistakes were dropping off tens of thousands refugees on Crom and now rushing an assault against a superior enemy on his home ground while possessing only the most rudimentary intelligence.

In what universe not using naquadah to BUILD A FUCKING SURFACE TO SPACE XENO CAPITAL SHIP KILLER NUKE MISSILE is doing well? The hivemind instead gave the space nuke rocks away to some treacherous gut-worm puppeteering a 'sap meatbag, thus setting the stage for this bioweapon clusterfuck.

At least Rush is still alive...

OG X-com has nothing on the General Wellesley of the SGC :M
Wellesy was by far one of my favorite let’s play protagonists. We may not always have played the right strategies, but hard ass moments like him making mutineers run by counting at them, demanding the gun from Mayborne or shooting the drug lord will stand out in my mind as absolutely epic.

The fact that he, Makepeace, Dr Fraiser and Cassie all died in a single update is even worse since that’s literally *all* of my favorite characters in this let’s play.

Mayborne is a little bitch compared to General W., Rush is a snake science boy, Daniel is an uber cuck, Jack is too busy boning Carter to have any real character development other than crippling depression at becoming a mass murderer, Teal’c doesn’t exist. Who is left indeed! Walter??

Edit:
Usury, don’t feel bad. I’m sure there are still places to go. We could meet the Tokra and Jack could cheat on Carter with Anise while Daniel cries in the corner. :M

Last edited by a moderator:

Ok, guys, hear me out: What if we get Mayborne to negotiate with the guld for what’s left of the sarcophagus and then Carter puts it back together and raises Wellesy from the dead?

Sphere Diplomacy! It’ll work this time! Trust me, guys!

hello friend

Arcane
Well I guess it's too late now. Was gonna say, on the retreat the strike force should leave one volunteer behind with a cyanide pill to dial the Ori gate address from the Goa'Uld world before commiting suicide. Would have been interesting, to say the least.

On the plus side, the snake man doesn't have a resurrection box anymore, I don't know if they're easy to manufacture or not, but we might have dealt a medium sized blow.

Oh fuck, that was a glorious slaughter!

FFS, we lost to a low-level snake :salute:

My fault guys, guess I should have not relied on my show knowledge. These snakes are WAY more badass than the ones from the show. And that was from Khefri, makes me wonder what sort of power Ra can thrown around.

Haven't seen a Codex fuck-up of this level for a looong while.

:salute: to General W.

F

Onwards to Rush and Colonel Maybourne!

Kz3r0

Arcane
Why the whining?
We already fucked up badly, we took the right choice, the one most fitting the character, the others were slavery or hoping for the best, in my opinion this is one of the best end game we got, the others LPs ended worse or got no closure.

I forgot to say... THEY DESTROYED HOWIE THE HOWITZER! THE FUCKING MONSTERS!!

Why the whining?
We already fucked up badly, we took the right choice, the one most fitting the character, the others were slavery or hoping for the best, in my opinion this is one of the best end game we got, the others LPs ended worse or got no closure.

Agreed.
Hell, we even gave them some good licks. Remember that one when we got stomped HARD by the Black Templars? Codex remembers.

'sides, we ain't done yet.

Time for Harry Maybourne to scheme and bastardry his way through the galaxy. All Hail King Arkham The First Of His Name Colonel Harry Maybourne!

Ironically, Khefri might assume that the Tau'ri are all dead. A revenge strike that is properly planned could fuck him up on a future date.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Ironically, Khefri might assume that the Tau'ri are all dead. A revenge strike that is properly planned could fuck him up on a future date.
Let’s not get ahead of ourselves, by now he knows that we can bypass the scrambling of the signal, I don’t know how incompetent he is or what technology is at his disposal, let’s chalk this up to the things to do list for now.
I am more interested in finding a way to put the Ori after him.
Usury can we bargain with the prior the SG address of the beggar for having Wellsey resurrected, if not let’s see what we can get, if we can’t get anything I suggest to find a way to let the Ori in orbit get the address.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
btw what are these Sphere/DEVOURSOUL memes
Codexers taking an absolute dumbass choice and hoping for the best in prior lps.
Sphere diplomacy is from one of treave's lp, devour soul was likely a @root lp.

Sphere Diplomacy is from Epic (book 1) by treave. Devour Soul is from Warhammer 41K by root. Both highly :obviously: LPs, which I heartily recommend to any connoiseur of fine writing, DESPITE our glorious fuckups.
That is right.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom