Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crispy™ A Call For Peace -- Zarniwoop doesn't really like this thread title

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Why the hell do we stray from Crispy conference for peace onto this rehash of old argument?

This is actually all part of the peace process. It's already begun. Codex is sifting through the wreckage of the Race War, taking inventory of what's worth keeping and what should instead be burned in the central town bonfire. And I find it extremely interesting that an RPG Watcher like Prime Junta seems to be at the center of the remaining residual hostilities. It's almost like he doesn't want peace.

Why don't you want peace, Prime Junta? Can't you just leave us alone?

Prime Junta

The rest of your post was spot on, but this is where you are missing the point. There already is a strict demarcation line between the seething cauldron of human waste that is GD and the gaming related areas. The safe space for people who want to smear shit on the walls is both GD, or for worse offenders, prosperland. You are not allowed to shitpost anywhere, try doing it on RPG News or GRPG discussion and you'll have your shit retardoed, be tagged, prosperized, watchwizzed or banned fairly quickly.

You know, perhaps you're right. Things have improved greatly over the past few years. It could be past butthurt talking, more than dissatisfaction about things as they actually are now. By far the majority of shitposting I actually encounter here these days is on Site Feedback since I only peek in GD whenever I start feeling too good about humanity and need a reality check.

If so... damn it, we won.

FOg11jN.jpg

a cut of domestic sheep prime

What a ridiculous side track we've gotten on.

Boohoo, why can't there be more hack RPG devs coming to the Codex and pontificating about rpgs whilst not so subtly hocking there crappy, dumbed-down games?

How have we lived without Bethesda developer Mister Smiles Faced Dude's saged RPG-related opinions all these years?

:dealwithit:

Last edited by a moderator:

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
You know, perhaps you're right. Things have improved greatly over the past few years. It could be past butthurt talking, more than dissatisfaction about things as they actually are now. By far the majority of shitposting I actually encounter here these days is on Site Feedback since I only peek in GD whenever I start feeling too good about humanity and need a reality check.

Site Feedback is pretty shit post heavy, but that's what makes it amusing. As Iren says, the rest of the uh "serious" forums are pretty clean.

I mean we might, for example, occasionally bring up SJWs in a GRPG thread, but it's usually related to the discussion in some way.

ZagorTeNej

Arcane
And if you guys were to decide, all Jews would be gassed. Just sayin'.

According to what? Codex memes? Please. Jewish posters on Codex (that I know of) seem to be doing just fine in this presumably hostile environment.

Still, I'm curious how far would people be allowed to dissent from your personal political beliefs in your vision of an "improved" Codex? How many things would be considered above criticism (even in a respectable "I apologize for being born" manner) and just had to be accepted as objective truths? Problem with people at either ends of political spectrum is that they constantly seem to strive for an echo-chamber by whatever means necessary and the result usually isn't very pleasant for all the people that fall somewhere in-between.

laclongquan

Arcane
:scratch head: There is such things as above criticism around here Codex?

I mean, I trash Fallout 1 and Baldur's Gate 1 everytime I feel the need. In return, lots of F1 defenders trash F2. PST got that jrpg label.

Whenever I feel bored I would post about how FF8 is the best innovative game, and japanese game developers are the saviour of the genre.

And that's when people are serious about what they post.

When we are not, we can argue just for the sake of arguing.

hello friend

Arcane

Hey Prime Junta, less whining more reviewing.

P.S. The Obsidian forums have a good reputation? They're a den of passive-aggressiveness and uncontrolled discussion. IMO the Codex actually has more moderation than most official company forums. It's just that our moderation policy doesn't forbid swear words and racism. Other than that, off topic bullshit and general idiocy get smacked down here way quicker.
This is part of the problem. Some of the best threads - and that would be both of the lulzy and the quality discussion variety - came about by meandering between digressions and tangents until gold was struck.

And if you guys were to decide, all Jews would be gassed. Just sayin'.
Come on, man. Come on.

It's pretty funny seeing people sperging about how people are posting on the Codex and NOT DISCUSSING RPG DESIGN THE NERVE!!? All the discussions were had years ago - some of them really good. No reason to beat the dead horse forever, though. I remember before I made an account here I read mostly GRPG and the Playground. But by now I've long since read the LPs I was interested in, and new ones worth following only show up now and then. Tons of threads here discussing shit games like Shadowrun Returns, Fallout 4, TB vs RtwP thread #6543. Sometimes a genuinely new and interesting discussion on RPG design shows up, but damn that doesn't happen a lot.

Face it, GD is the crown jewel of the Codex.

~Qwinn

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I wish burnt out GDers didn't assume everybody was like them.

Prime Junta

Still, I'm curious how far would people be allowed to dissent from your personal political beliefs in your vision of an "improved" Codex? How many things would be considered above criticism (even in a respectable "I apologize for being born" manner) and just had to be accepted as objective truths? Problem with people at either ends of political spectrum is that they constantly seem to strive for an echo-chamber by whatever means necessary and the result usually isn't very pleasant for all the people that fall somewhere in-between.

As I said above, I'm actually pretty happy with the state of things in the gaming-related part of the site right now, and I don't give much of a shit about GD, other than not understanding the purpose it serves for the Codex which is ostensibly about games, not fighting the white genocide. (I don't understand how come Site Feedback is allowed to be a mini-GD though.)

Second, I do not think any topics should be considered above criticism. On the contrary, I strongly prefer forums with a diversity of views.

I think my main difference with some of you is that I believe that overly-strict moderation and overly-lax moderation ultimately end up in the same place. Without reasonable moderation, a small contingent of loud shitheads will stifle any dissenting views by shouting them down or derailing them. With overly-strict moderation, especially moderation that targets views rather than behaviour, the same thing will happen.

Does this happen outside GD? Well yes actually, for example way too many threads have spiralled into mindless Pillars of Eternity-bashing by the same contingent of HERP DERP JOSH IS TEH ANTECHRIST LULZ shitposters, even if the thread had nothing to do with Obsidian or Pillars to start with. That could've used some more retardo-ing or thread-merging as far as I'm concerned.

Hegel

Arcane
Does this cunt even realize that he isn't a real codexer and therefore his opinion is unwarranted?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Ironically, Prime Junta is a lot like a more articulate, liberal European Crispy. Both are fundamentally amiable guys who have an inexplicable tendency to insert themselves into situations where everybody ends up hating them, then whining about it.

Latro

Arcane
prime june-ta is an rpgwatch shill and probably a SA goon, he should not be trusted and most likely has ulterior sperg ADHD motives at all times

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom