Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

A devpost about Storm of Zehir that should intrest the Codex

Warden

Arbiter
Now Annie.. lets get to the tough questions!

What do you think about Bioware female writers and their writing skillz? I think you're better! Bioware female writers write only about stupidities on their forum - on the other hand, your posts can be very informative. :)

:prepares for rampage if she doesn't answer:

Kidding..

PS. If you give us a screenshot of the Sword Coast overland map we will be your friends.
Are there any perma-regeneration items in the game? God, I hope not. Tell us about the new creature models which are included. I mean, list them. :D

And this - about 80% of the people who posted on the 5-things-you-wanna-change topic on the SoZ forum wants additional combat animations (I'd want some 'realistic' combat animations for zombies/mummies, i.e. slow creatures). In the SoZ videos I didn't notice anything new about the animations. Will this request be ignored? I mean, I wouldn't blame you - it's not easy to change/add animations. (Not a question directly for you Annie.)

Annie Mitsoda

Digimancy Entertainment
Developer
Ah, questions. I do like them when they are not TELL ME ABOUT THIS OR YOUR GAME SUCKS. :P Or assuming that we don't add/change something because "Obsidian developers are so LAZY." /sigh. But here goes -

* As much as I do love to talk me some s**t, I always hesitate when it comes to writing. Frank Miller once said that as a writer, "your script is a fire hydrant, and there's a line of dogs around the block." Even if you're valued - I mean, really VALUED - your stuff is never EVER set in stone. Maybe the licensor doesn't like it, maybe a producer doesn't like it, maybe you don't even have time to polish it, maybe you have to write something for a plot thread you don't believe in - s**t, as they say, happens. I'm not saying that's happened TOOOOO MEEEEEE OH ALAS /VICTIM, because I've been very lucky and working on SoZ has been very neat, but that it makes me far less likely to fling metaphorical poop at other writers because I know their situation. And as a female dev, you're in the sh*tty situation where it's often perceived that criticism comes off as cattiness, and that's straight-up balls. Anyhow.

* You'll get your precious Sword Coast OL Map screenies soon enough, you impatient yet endearing internet scamps. I'm going to be up at PAX, and the game will be there too, so if you're going to be there I FULLY EXPECT YOU TO STOP BY THE BOOTH. Observe the sexy game in action. Yes you must.

* No perma-regen. I'm going to say that here because when I was like "no perma-haste items in NWN2" someone basically called me a whore. So yeah. Please to not assume that because we did not have a particular item ability that it means I am somehow a lady of the evening. Because UNTRUE.

* NO LISTING CREATURE MODELS YOU FIENDS I AM NOT YOUR DEV MONKEY.
...but I can tell you that the deinonychus is SOOOO COOOOOOL. SO COOL.

OK now I am going to get some actual caffiene in my bloodstream because I'm f**king tired and just nattering now. Hooray, run-on sentences!

/collapses

Shannow

Waster of Time
Starwars said:
Codex is different. Insults are part of the common conversation, which is why it's a good thing to lurk a bit before starting to post here.

In fact, "PG speech" would probably be more effective to use if you want to hurt a Codexer. :P
Oh yeah? Well, fuck you and your grandma, shitforbrains. (Not your mother though, she was nice and cheap).
...eh, why do people always claim, that insults are so common on the Codex? They are only as common as you make them. You can change. We can change. Repeat after me: Yes, we can!

/derail

PS: Annie is funny. Can we keep her?

PPS: Racofer, no we didn't. But since she is already posting, I guess she managed to fill out the registration as easily as everyone else.

Solohk

Scholar
racofer said:
What about pictures from Annie? You people forgot the rules to accept females on here?
I'm fine with forgoing that rule in light of Annie working on SoZ and swearing like a sailor.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Three Obsidian devs on our forums, w00t. Not even counting MCA since he posts once a year.

All the cocksucking paid off at last! Take that, Bethesda! We don't need no MSFD.

inwoker

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Hey, admins, exchange title <Obsidian> to her naked pics and then expose it.

On a serious note, give her damn title.

Trying to get naked pics from a developer is only going to make her remember that her entire market is sweaty men on the brink of 40. And that would just be depressing.

Annie Mitsoda

Digimancy Entertainment
Developer
PA refs - you can't deny the truth in the the John Gabriel rule. The second was just the first thing that popped into my head. And I'm going to PAX in like two days, gimme a break, of COURSE PA is gonna be in my brain.

Also, of COURSE I like constructive criticism. If you can't take genuine criticism as a writer, you're useless - hell, I think that goes for everything. If you can't take criticism, that means you believe you can't learn or improve - and there's ALWAYS room for improvement.

Starwars

Arcane
rying to get naked pics from a developer is only going to make her remember that her entire market is sweaty men on the brink of 40. And that would just be depressing.

Or it will show her the Codex is sweaty boys on the brink of 15. Oooh.

We need more Obsidian devs here. But I think we actually have 4 now? Monty Markland, Anthony Davies, Nathaniel Chapman (who I believe is also lacking the Obsidian tag) and now Annie.

deuxhero

Arcane
Wait a miniute... you were a writer for the OC as well?

Where you the one responsble for the bioware diolage (all player options are the same thing, just said differntly, with the one you pick makeing no difference at all), if not, who.

Annie Mitsoda

Digimancy Entertainment
Developer
Was not a writer for the OC or (sadly) MotB - I cut my teeth on NWN2 handling all the items, MotB making the big epic ones (I was additional design for it because I wasn't on the team full-time, just helping out after-hours) - after NWN2 I moved over to the Alpha Protocol team as a designer (mostly as a writing assistant), and in January I came over to NX2.

And NOW you KNOW the REST OF THE STORY. Good DAY!

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Annie Carlson said:
PA refs - you can't deny the truth in the the John Gabriel rule. The second was just the first thing that popped into my head. And I'm going to PAX in like two days, gimme a break, of COURSE PA is gonna be in my brain.

Ah well, no one is perfect. I hope you'll return from Malachor V unchanged.

Annie Carlson said:
Also, of COURSE I like constructive criticism. If you can't take genuine criticism as a writer, you're useless - hell, I think that goes for everything. If you can't take criticism, that means you believe you can't learn or improve - and there's ALWAYS room for improvement.

That's already a good start, most women "artist" I had the (dis)pleasure to talk with certainly couldn't stand it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom