Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

A devpost about Storm of Zehir that should intrest the Codex

Annie Mitsoda

Digimancy Entertainment
Developer
RE: Going crazy in 5-10 years etc:

Fuckshits NO, man. I plan to be making TEH VIDEOZ GAMEZ still.

...also, dude - that's SO been done. NEXT! :twisted:

racofer

Thread Incliner
Annie Carlson said:
RE: Going crazy in 5-10 years etc:

Fuckshits NO, man. I plan to be making TEH VIDEOZ GAMEZ still.

...also, dude - that's SO been done. NEXT! :twisted:

By then you will be either:

a) crazy;

b) assimilated by the Toddler Collective;

Annie Mitsoda

Digimancy Entertainment
Developer
Who says I'm not crazy NOW? I'm just not THAT kind of crazy. I brew my own.

Warden

Arbiter
Can you stop with all this bullshit guys and gals and be useful? For starters, all shut up so she doesn't get confused and answer wrong questions resulting in a big useless utter shit of a chatforum hybrid which noone wants.

Annie Mitsoda

Digimancy Entertainment
Developer
racofer said:
Wow, she looks.... manly.

I will stick to my elf lesbians.

Yes I have giant muscular man arms. I can even pick up Brian Mitsoda, and he is over a foot taller than me! GRAR!

Also I have a feeling that your elf lesbians and I are in the same realm of accessibility for you. Which is to say - not.

Come on. First you put in a link to goatse.cx, THEN you go "oh, she's not hot" as if asking for proof otherwise. You think this is my first fuckin' WEEK on the Internets? Pffffffffffffff.
:twisted:

(And right now I admit I should probably stop posting. I'm doing text correction right now and it's making my eyes bleed I've been doing it for so long. If someone whined at me right at this minute about devs here being lazy I'd tear off their ears. /dies)

Solohk

Scholar
Annie Carlson said:
racofer said:
Wow, she looks.... manly.

I will stick to my elf lesbians.

Yes I have giant muscular man arms. I can even pick up Brian Mitsoda, and he is over a foot taller than me! GRAR!

Also I have a feeling that your elf lesbians and I are in the same realm of accessibility for you. Which is to say - not.

Come on. First you put in a link to goatse.cx, THEN you go "oh, she's not hot" as if asking for proof otherwise. You think this is my first fuckin' WEEK on the Internets? Pffffffffffffff.
:twisted:

I like the cut of your jib.

racofer

Thread Incliner
1) It wasn't me who posted the link to goatse;

2) You are already talking about accessibility (sexually), something I did not. I bet your boss was on your accessibility realm, otherwise woman couldn't climb on their jobs.

Also, what's with all these :twisted: on your posts?

And so Anthony, what about my previous question?

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
racofer said:
1) It wasn't me who posted the link to goatse;

2) You are already talking about accessibility (sexually), something I did not. I bet your boss was on your accessibility realm, otherwise woman couldn't climb on their jobs.

And so Anthony, what about my previous question?

What, the camera?

That is a many faceted problem and I have neither the time nor the energy to go into it right now.

The short answer is YES, I am one of a few who implemented it. No, I did not DESIGN it.

Annie Mitsoda

Digimancy Entertainment
Developer
racofer said:

Oh ho, a "you got your job by fuckin'" diss - yeah, seen it. You gonna say something about my mom now?

...kidding, kidding, relax, racofer. The :twisted: was to insinuate my intent was to deliver playful disses. And bust rhymes. Except for the rhyme part.

And if you have real questions about SoZ by all means ask them. I can't guarantee I can respond to it, but if people still give two shits in a hat about I'll TRY. S' good?

racofer

Thread Incliner
Ok, let me make some constructive questions then about SoZ:

1) Will it be properly optimized now?

2) Will it continue to use SecuCrap, specially given the latest version that causes so many explorer.exe crashes errors and does nothing to stop pirates?

3)Will multiplayer be viable this time? Because, honestly, downloading modules all over again everytime a server updates is a pain in the ass, and I'm talking about several hundred megabytes large modules here, not tiny ones. What about viable persistent worlds that doesn't require a neural processor cluster to run since modules are so ridiculously big?

4)Will the camera be fixed?

Yes, I still feel ripped off ever since I made the mistake of buying NWN2 nearly two years ago.

Solohk

Scholar
Annie,

How would you describe the evil path in SoZ? Will I be twirling my mustache, helping people BUT FOR MONEY HAHAHA, psychotic stupid evil, or Johnny Insults the puppy killer?

skyway said:
This actually happens every time a female joins a Codex.
Unfortunate, but I suppose it's a different kind of insulting welcome.

racofer said:
Yes, I still feel ripped off ever since I made the mistake of buying NWN2 nearly two years ago.
I felt the same way but MotB made it all better, and come to think of it, it had the only satisfying evil path that comes to mind right now.

Annie Mitsoda

Digimancy Entertainment
Developer
OK, racofer -

1) I would imagine so but then I am a designer not a programmer, and moreover one who's mind is sort of melted right now from repeatedly checking to make sure descriptions for shit is 100% set so sorry this is what you get.

2) Fuck I HOPE not, but regrettably this decision isn't up to us here at OEI. That's Atari's call, and I'm not sure what they're gonna go for.

3) We're definitely paying close attention to multiplayer. Also modules won't be as gi-fucking-normous as before - areas will be smaller on the whole and more... digestable? ... by machines of most types. So you might get a module with lots of stuff, but that won't be in the form of HYOOOOOJ fuck-off giant busy areas. We designed for practical as well as pretty.

4) Not my bag. Harass Anthony more about it. (not that doing so will get you an answer, necessarily, but because it does amuse me so)

NOW for Solohk -

Evil path - it varies. You can do the "dickery," "I'll do this FOR MONEYS," and some really twisted stuff too, like sacrificing a bound helpless dude to your evil god/goddess of choice (and getting tasty XP for it, too!). You can run into a group of guards getting hosed by a band of ogres and wipe ALL the suckers out. So you'll find a mix of stuff to determine what flavor of EEEEEEEEEVIL you like the most!

(but I should note as a writer I HATE brute "I am bad because of BAD!" chaotic retarded. It's okay to play for a while and have the option, but dealing with it in the long term isn't something I find compelling as a player and is annoying to write, because there's no depth in it whatsoever)

racofer

Thread Incliner
Solohk said:
I felt the same way but MotB made it all better, and come to think of it, it had the only satisfying evil path that comes to mind right now.

Obsidian is still with a negative ratio with me.

Kotor2 -> eh... I don't really wanna start arguing about this one in here, but it has fail all over it;

NWN2 -> already mentioned;

MotB -> Okish, but suffers from all technical flaws from the previous title;

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
What about being good? Do you have options to be rough but fair? For exemple tell that whiny bitch who lost her wings to grow a backbone if she wants you to respect her or that would be paladin that he better stop being so post-modernisitic emo if he doesn't want you to abandon him on the side of the road before you leave for vacation, at the same time commending them if they managed to get past those issue. Do not see a comparison to an existing game by the way, these are just exemples. I just want to know if you can be good without being forced to be Mother Theresa.

Also is there an NPC called Ayn Rand in the game? Can you kill her? If not can you place a killable Ayn Rand NPC?

Anthony Davis said:
The short answer is YES, I am one of a few who implemented it. No, I did not DESIGN it.

You will still burn in hell.

deuxhero

Arcane
No permaant regen? The warlock invocation "word of shaping" or something like that gives you an infate use regenration ability on self LTIC. Or does that not count?

@racofer

No, they are Hyrulian, they are completely differnt from elfs, for instance, there is that name and... uh...

And in my experience, this is the result of of a female posting ANYWHERE on the internet that doesn't explicity target females (like shojo seris and I would geuss fan ficiton forums).

As for SoZ, any estimates on how many cohorts there are in total? (or whatever they call the precreated characters this time)

What about Bioware diaolge and lawfulstupid/chaotic stupid?

cardtrick

Arbiter
This is a hell of an embarrassing thread, and it managed to get that way without The Walkin' Dude. Go team?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom