Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

A devpost about Storm of Zehir that should intrest the Codex

Dark Matter

Prophet
In before retardo?

Annie Mitsoda

Digimancy Entertainment
Developer
1) wasn't counting the warlock thing
2) meh, not all forums are like this, I'm just sort of used to it from other occasions.
3) It's cohorts, and I dunno if I can give you a specific number. A lot of classes are covered, though, to give you a vague sort of range.
4) You can be Intimidating in plenty of situations, but if you demand something retarded characters WILL do "hey retard, you can yell at me all you like BUT IT WON'T FIX THE PROBLEM" which is funny.
5) YES there are options where you can be a decent person, super-giving squeezyface nice, or neutral. Or tough love. Diplomacy isn't always a toadying "gee you are so great maybe could we do it this way pretty pleeeeease?" but more diverse than that.

Solohk

Scholar
Annie Carlson said:
(but I should note as a writer I HATE brute "I am bad because of BAD!" chaotic retarded.
I as a player am not too fond of it as well. I think that's why I liked MotB's evil path as there was a clear motivation for your character to be evil. My evil character was first driven down the evil path devouring spirits for power, but later for survival. The whole way through there were plenty of reasons to devour spirits and turn evil. Again, proper motivation is the key.

Thanks for your answer.

cardtrick said:
This is a hell of an embarrassing thread, and it managed to get that way without The Walkin' Dude. Go team?
But it did have plenty of Warden...

Did I hear something about dinosaurs? Are there enough dinosaurs to have a Jurassic Park mod? Can I see the fear in the dinosaur's eyes? Can I enslave dinosaur nations with necromancy? Can I grab dinosaur collars like EXTREME Jack Bauer in the Mesozoic?

Real talk;

Can you comment on the amount of loot? Is it through the roof (protip: this is bad to Codexers...though given what you've seen here that might seem good) or is it pretty relaxed? I kinda want to keep a sword for a while before trading it in, ya know?

Any cohort infighting? Like if I pick two cohorts up who don't like each other will they fight? I kinda like having a little chaos in the party.

Are encounters more about endurance, with lots of them all over the place but mostly simple monsters, or more about strategy and tactics with few encounters but highly deadly ones? Or am I just creating some sort of false dichotomy here?

Is resting completely bah-roken like in almost every game ever made or might you peoples be continuing the trend from MoTB and punish rest spam?

Also throwing this one out for anyone;

Does my GeForce Go 6100 with 2 gigs of RAM and a dual core beastie have shit all chance of running this? It's the graphics card that's got me wondering.

Also internet detectives are no fun and can s my d.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
creepy faggots itt

Don't mind them; if they weren't totally insane they wouldn't be so good at criticising RPGs. Can you imagine, they even liked MOTB here. They never like anything that isn't 10 years old normally!

Starwars

Arcane
Yes I have giant muscular man arms. I can even pick up Brian Mitsoda, and he is over a foot taller than me! GRAR!

I do hope you're nice to Mitsoda, he did write Vampire: Bloodlines after all (well, you can punish him for the second part of it).

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I think even the second part was fairly well written; but there should have been "more" of it. And less fighting.

FUCK YOU, house of respawning chinamen!

Annie Mitsoda

Digimancy Entertainment
Developer
1) LOOT - pains were taken that this was not retarded, as in, every 5 seconds HOLY SHIT a new sword! So it is very relaxed - we wanted to make sure you valued the stuff you ran across, instead of hocking it at the first store you found. And also for once STORES HAVE USEFUL CRAP.

2) Sometimes yes, cohorts will snap at each other. If you decide to have cohort #1 talk to a businessman that cohort #2 thinks is bad news, #2 will be like "WTF U DOIN." Sadly I admit there isn't as much of this as I would like, but I took pains to make sure that when it happens you sit up and take notice, and it makes sense, and the average player isn't like "for the love of God will you SHUT UP"

3) Encounters vary. I think you'll be happy.

4) Resting = NOT BROKEN. Again something we took pains on.

5) ask Anthony.

Also I will have you know I am nice to Brian Mitsoda. He just hates being picked up because he is tall, and that is funny. (And also he didn't do much on the second part of Bloodlines, and definitely did NOT do the Kuei-Jin temple or the Warrens.)

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
ok, now I have a question.

Just why exactly did you have to make the main evil faction the Yuan-Ti? Ever since playing Icewind Dale 1 I've had enough of Yuan-Ti, yet devs keep throwing them at me in almost everything they produce. I hoped IWD2 would be Yuan-Ti less, no sir, again like 3/4 of enemies are the snakemen. NWN1 had lotsa Yuan-Ti too as far I recall, and now SoZ will throw even more of them at me, meh.

Kingston

Arcane
I lack the wit to put something hilarious here
The endgame combat didn't really annoy me that much in Bloodlines, altogether its one of the best games... get this, ever! The sewer dungeons could have been left out though, they were _really_ bad. If there's anything to take away from Bloodlines its the endings, so very many of them, and all of them great fun.

Can you do things that or on the other end of the moral compass of a cohort and have them leave the party?

Is combat fun this time round*? Is it more than having ye olde orbital bombardment platforms cast a few spells and then its over?

* I did find it fun in MotB though, but not on all occasions. The harder fights were great.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
A developer answering questions? ...woah. Going to buy NWN 2 + MotB + SoZ when they are all released as some Platinum Pack. Yeah, I'm cheap. <_<

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"altogether its one of the best games... get this, ever!"

No. Maybe top 50.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
That's still pretty damn good, considering how many games there are.

fastpunk

Arbiter
Darth Roxor said:
devs keep throwing them at me in almost everything they produce

NWN1 had Yuan-Ti? Those were lizard folk, different stuff.

The only other game I remember having Yuan-Ti after IWD1 was its sequel. So how exactly are they throwing them at you in almost every game?

Personally, I missed them. Glad they're back.

Ed Murrow said:
Does my GeForce Go 6100 with 2 gigs of RAM and a dual core beastie have shit all chance of running this? It's the graphics card that's got me wondering.

When I got my new computer I didn't have money to get a graphics card right away so I used a GeForce 6150 IGP for a while. It's shit for gaming, even older stuff. I did install NWN2 and played a bit through the OC the at 800x600 with low detail. Twas playable. Guess NWN2 prefers a faster CPU first and foremost. Plus, I tried the OC. MotB is much better optimized and SoZ should be the same. So yeah, with the right settings, it could run decently.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
fastpunk said:

I thought NWN1 had Yuan-Ti, but as I played it kind of a long time ago, my memory might be failing me.

Personally, I missed them. Glad they're back.

I didn't and am not.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"That's still pretty damn good, considering how many games there are."

Yeah, I like BL just fine. It just isn't 'one fo the best ever'.

P.S. NWN OC had exactly one yuanti, IIRC.

Skald

Novice
Hey Annie, what steps were taken to improve the combat system in the game? Because, frankly, I'm a bit sceptic about a party-based combat focused game made on a NWN2 engine. Well, if I got it right that is - it's supposed to be one, amirite?

Black_Willow

Arcane
Darth Roxor said:
fastpunk said:

I thought NWN1 had Yuan-Ti, but as I played it kind of a long time ago, my memory might be failing me.
It had a one Yuan-Ti.
Also there were some in BG2 in De Arnise keep.

Xard

Novice
skyway said:
This actually happens every time a female joins a Codex.

I wonder if Annie owns a gun :lol:

NWN1 had one Yuan-Ti - she was one of those four magical beasts or whatever that had to be collected to get the cure in Chapter I

I can't remember if SoU's Medusa had Yuan-Ti followers (worst Bio baddie ever btw)

Annie, Rob wrote this in the blog:
Something else we are doing with NX2, that hasn't really been done in a while with CRPGs is we will be recording a lot of the music from a live orchestra. Unfortunately I don't have any samples to share with you now, but we are talking about making a track or two available, just like we did with Mask.

Do you have any idea when these might come avalaible? *drools*

In addition to MotB I'd add PS:T as another contester for best evil path evarr. But Really Nasty Ending of MotB is kinda impossible to beat in awesomeness...

PrzeSzkoda

Augur
Project: Eternity
So where's TWD? He's had a gift for putting the sensual in non-consensual.

Hey, is any effort in SoZ's development being put in optimizing the darn thing even further? I'd appreciate it. Especially the CPU usage, although it's just that I'm such a cheap hack not to upgrade.

BTW. Annie I LIKE your STYLE.

Solohk

Scholar
PrzeSzkoda said:
BTW. Annie I LIKE your STYLE.
Agreed. I think that this crazy person is writing SoZ can only mean good things for it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom