Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout A Fallout 1/2 inspired isometric cRPG from New Blood Interactive

ropetight

Savant
I hope this is real gameplay and not only animation, it looks great.

That UI is straight rip off Fallout 1/2 LOL. Also it is too big for 2023, I do not need c/p from old UI but an improved version of it. F1/2 UI was cool looking but barely useful.

Only thing that was not user friendly in F1/F2 is inventory, rest was more than adequate.
This is still prototype/early alpha who knows what it will look like - I hope they will leave it this way and not go for generic flat resizable Helvetica-variant UI.

++ Games with combat/event log have great UI.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I hope this is real gameplay and not only animation, it looks great.

That UI is straight rip off Fallout 1/2 LOL. Also it is too big for 2023, I do not need c/p from old UI but an improved version of it. F1/2 UI was cool looking but barely useful.

Only thing that was not user friendly in F1/F2 is inventory, rest was more than adequate.
This is still prototype/early alpha who knows what it will look like - I hope they will leave it this way and not go for generic flat resizable Helvetica-variant UI.

++ Games with combat/event log have great UI.

Inventory was main culprit but use of skills was also not good. And it was way too large like this UI above. I want to see more of the game and less of UI. Unless the game is something like managing a submarine where watching at UI of instruments is 100% of the game.

RaggleFraggle

Ask me about VTM
I’ve been saying for a while that there is an audience for genres other than D&D-inspired fantasy and this vindicates me. Why do I still feel hollow?

ropetight

Savant
No news for a longer time, but project is not dead.
One of the developers, that also works on Project Van Buren, is frequent on the NMA and will start to work on New Blood RPG in "more fulltime fashion".
Guy seems like he knows what he is talking about, so good addition.

Copypasta of the his last entry from the NMA:
Reporting that the animation system I mentioned is now finished and I am quite satisfied with it. I also reimplemented the inventory system, using the new pieces of the codebase. I'll need to play with it for a couple of days, test it thoroughly and then I'll move back to scripting and some actual content making (basically recreating the two demo maps and their design - NPC scripts, doors, triggers, etc.).

Also - I resigned from my current gamedev job and I'm very excited to announce that in about a month from now I'll be working on the unannounced New Blood's RPG in a more fulltime fashion. This means I'll have more time for my sideprojects (since NBRPG used to be one of them)

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom