Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout A Fallout 1/2 inspired isometric cRPG from New Blood Interactive

Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
https://www.pcgamer.com/new-blood-i...s-inside-a-trailer-for-a-bunch-of-other-games

Looks cool. Incline is always out of sight.

The Fallout-style RPG is also real and a dream project for Oshry, but right now it's more like a prototype. "[Fallout] is my favorite game of all time, it's my favorite genre." Oshry estimates it'll be done in "like ten years" if it ever gets done.

9LsXtn5FEbwbhwToVwWs5X-970-80.jpg.webp

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Ghulgothas

Arcane
A worthy endeavor with a nice little diorama to accompany it. Sounds more like a formless, barely cohesive idea rather than something they're willing to pursue as a viable product now though. Especially considering they have what, 3 or 4 projects in active development right now?

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Sounds more like a formless, barely cohesive idea rather than something they're willing to pursue as a viable product now though.
remind me of that daggerfall successor game by Julian dude, but at least this one admit "don't hold anything, there's nothing yet"

blessedCoffee

c3RyYWl0amFja2V0cyBmb3IgaW50ZXJuZXQgdXNlcnM=
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
https://www.pcgamer.com/new-blood-i...s-inside-a-trailer-for-a-bunch-of-other-games

The Fallout-style RPG is also real and a dream project for Oshry, but right now it's more like a prototype. "[Fallout] is my favorite game of all time, it's my favorite genre." Oshry estimates it'll be done in "like ten years" if it ever gets done.

Indeed, it looks cool.

With that being said, is there any chance of a picture that wasn't taken by a potato? This is the definition of potato quality.
The answer is "fat chance", right? These guys are evil bastards for teasing us like this.

A horse of course

Indeed, it looks cool.

With that being said, is there any chance of a picture that wasn't taken by a potato? This is the definition of potato quality.
The answer is "fat chance", right? These guys are evil bastards for teasing us like this.

Could be deliberate due to the actual assets not looking as "authentic" at high def

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Especially considering they have what, 3 or 4 projects in active development right now?

AFAIK it is different "teams" (one person counts as a team too :-P), it seems Dave simply scans Twitter for indie games he likes and grabs the developers :-P

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron

Indeed, it looks cool.

Could be deliberate due to the actual assets not looking as "authentic" at high def

Chances are high that this is just a picture created in Photoshop.

ColCol

Arcane
KInda shit, they sneak it in like its a real thing but it's basically fake, proably because they have really nothing to show outside of gloomwood,

Ghulgothas

Arcane
Nice stuff. Red888Guns is the reigning king of old Fallout-style graphics and modeling in the modern age, getting him on-board is a necessity.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
It's not the color and cartooniness that feels off so much as that everything looks brand new and unworn; like, the reliability of the (daytime?) street lights is better than in pre-apocalypse, same with the paint job on the cars (though this appears to be an Auto Color Change shop, so maybe that's why the paint is new).

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
Looks incredible. Call me intrigued.

blessedCoffee

c3RyYWl0amFja2V0cyBmb3IgaW50ZXJuZXQgdXNlcnM=
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Maybe depicting the Pre-Apocalypse with a shitload of freshly-painted vibrancy is the fucking point.
Doesn't change how awful that "screenshot" looks, the artist goofed up when he was finishing the job. The black and white "screenshot" looks far better, even if it's blurred as hell!

Edit: My criticism is to the palette choice, by the way. Just clearing that up.

Last edited:

Melcar

Arcane
Looks cool. Sure, it's not the kind of Fallout PA we expect, but I'm sure with a competent writer they can cook up a believable back story. Maybe in this world society was able to rebuild without much loss? Maybe the apocalypse wasn't as bad?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom