Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

A FoundryVTT lets play

saint amchad

Novice
I'm in the early stages of getting a team together for either Delta Green or CoC. Anyone have experience with FoundryVTT? Is it any good? What are its drawbacks?

manifest

Educated
Couldn't be fucked to wade through their reddit and discord to get it running.

saint amchad

Novice
I don't want to go that route either. If it doesn't work out of the box then I might skip it.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Getting it running is easy, you can set it up local and open ports to have players connect to your computer directly and it takes 10 mins (if sharing your ip with them is no concern).

On the other hand, setting the game up is the most time-consuming aspect, depending on how much you want to automate it. Some systems are pretty developed (like Pathfinder 2) and will have automatic rolls of attacks against the enemy AC and things like that, but I don't know if that's the case for Delta Green. If all you need is a table and some dice then it will work as any other.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom