Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

A matter of corrupt mods, and me not not being gay.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
O9Mr1kD.png

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
9rQ0tYu.png

Words are 'meaningful'. Words mean things. I use words to mean things and those words are an expression of me. I think it's pretty disgusting for someone to change what words I say. You can read what a man says, and you can even delete what a man says if you have the mod powers, but to change the words that a man says? Without making it clear that you are changing those words to the people reading it? Words are the most meaningful thing on a forum, how could we possibly have conversations and a sense of community without the knowledge that what we are responding to is real, and that what we are responding to is indicative of what the user is saying? The entire concept of a forum dissolves if we can't believe that the words we are seeing are real.

This could only be the work of someone corrupt. My words were changed, and I'm going to demonstrate that. I will admit that my evidence is mostly circumstantial, but circumstantial evidence is allowed in courts where the stakes are much higher; and enough circumstantial evidence collected is a great way to demonstrate what happened in a situation. Please remember through these screenshots that Jenkem uses the same colour as me, Make sure you go off of username, and not just colour.

w1165nT.png

Imagine what someone casually walking by the codex shoutbox would think when they see this: "Ontopoly says he's gay? Well then, he must be gay." Except I'm not gay. My only course of action was to quickly show my shock and imply that someone edited this. Not a great course of action because as you can see here:

a5QIOgf.png

and here:
oWOIxrM.png

I was relentlessly made fun of it.

As you can see, people are believing this despite my attempt to make it clear that it was edited. This is a demonstrable harm. This was not some quick lul joke. This was a malicious action that led to a situation in which I was the victim in.

There are a limited amount of people who can edit other's posts, thank God. Luckily the Codex team only gives it to individuals rather than make it a free and open feature. But not giving a feature to everyone doesn't mean shit when you have placed it in the hands of those that will take advantage of it for personal gain. What kind of discussion forum allows it's most trusted individuals to freely and so casually take advantage of their powers for an occasional and cheap laugh, at the expense of others?

What are the implications to this? We know that they can, and now we know that they will use their powers in irresponsible ways.

Thankfully, this disgusting behavior has not been demonstrated by all the mods. You can now all go ahead and trust your favorite mod again. This was an isolated incident by a specific person. All we have to do is remove the editing privilege from the individual, pressure them to apologize to me and the entire forum for this abuse - The apology to me should come first and be more emphasized than the general codex apology - and let it be known to all that I am not gay.

The individual is Scroo.

Immediately upon realizing that my comment was edited, I went to the "online staff" section to see who could have done this. The only mod on at the time was Roguey, who you should all know is unable to edit posts in the shoutbox. Who could have done it then, if no mod was online? There was a mod online! they were using the hidden post feature. As you can see here Scroo was online before:
csHL7Ng.png

and after:
KyWEjHd.png

She even took this opportunity to make fun of me for her own actions. Also, notice Roguey corroborating my claim regarding her posting while not appearing online. Not only has Scroo taken advantage of her editing powers over others, she is also using other mod privileges to assist in her disgusting behavior. And again, notice jebsmoker still making fun of me in that post, further demonstrating the lasting impact (almost 40 minutes later).

Below is further proof of Scroo practically admitting to using hiddenposting (first purple message) and admitting to have been in the shoutbox at the time (second purple message). Also please note that Jenkem was using the same color as me(#FFA07A), please do not get our messages confused.

bpTPE12.png

Now to wrap this all up, Crispy will further corroborate my story.

8atADqN.png

But crispy, as I have established above, proven by Scroo's own posts, I do have proof that she was online at the time, and she has as much as admitted to hiddenposting.

I am not gay.

I am expecting naysayers such as jebsmoker to show up. i will address and refute all his claims in the comments. To anyone else who thinks they will come in here and claim I am making it all up, think about the consequences if any of this is true, then at least listen and try to get to the bottom of this. Think about why a moderator would use the hidden feature while openly posting, and the 'coincidence' of that happening while this incident occurred. Why would I post false information about myself? Could I have planned to post false information about myself while she was hidden? What would I gain from laying this all on her, if it wasn't true? What sounds more likely? Her hidden posting and editing, of course.

So what now? What's the point of this post?

Obviously Scroo's editing powers should be taken away, especially in the shoutbox where people can't see when a message is edited, I also think I deserve a personal apology, and the codex at large deserves an apology and a guarantee against additional incidents such as this. I also suspect the mods may not take this seriously, it is up to us every day posters to make sure they do. I expect to be under similar attacks for coming out, please don't trust anything I say in the shoutbox until this is all sorted out. I will also not be editing this post in any way what-so-ever. If you see that this post has been edited, disregard everything said in it for it has been compromised.

Mentioning all relevant parties involved and explaining their roll; noble or otherwise.

Scroo - The accused, guilty of editing with out transparency, malicious actor, mod.
Ontopoly - The affected party, not gay.
Roguey - Noble mod who can corroborate much of my story.
Crispy - Same as above, sans noble.
jebsmoker - Known denier, I mention him only to let you know that he is biased against me.
Jenkem - same as above, shows up in many of the screen shots, uses #FFA07A in the shoutbox.
User0001 - To attest to my character.
DarkUnderlord - Regrettably, but respectfully, I feel the need to tag you into this matter as sole, official, and final arbiter.

Not only was I ridiculed once again by being called a newfag(It's been two years, come on guys.), I was told to "take it up with someone who cares." - the hallmark of a corrupted official.
ryZ8cvz.png

Notice that although Scroo can edit her comments, she didn't correct her own grammar mistake, instead using it for the sole purpose of humiliating me.

I would like to remind everyone that I am not gay.

I'd also like to threaten the Codex. I am willing to riot if this doesn't come to a satisfactory conclusion.
This is using a lot of words to tell everyone you're gay.

I'll admit I only skimmed the post but I'm pretty sure that was the gist of it.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Please actually read it guys. I'm going to try to rewrite it tomorrow with out the fluff because i believe this is important and everyone is dismissing it for the gay jokes
We did read it dum dum. Where do you think the gay jokes are coming from?

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Please actually read it guys. I'm going to try to rewrite it tomorrow with out the fluff because i believe this is important and everyone is dismissing it for the gay jokes

Yes, because that's the problem. :smug:

The first lesson of writing is know your audience. In this case, you could also just get to know and accept your true self. We accept you, this is a safe space.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Why don't any of you massive cunts actually engage with the content?
Look. If the person in question was breaking the rules, handing out unjust bans, and or doing illegal stuff. I'm pretty sure the community as well as the site owner will take things much more seriously. Fact of the matter is that you're enraged over a simple joke. All they did was edit your post in shitbox for a funny. Such things happen pretty much all the time on here.

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I agree with the premise of the thread. Ontopoly is NOT gay, because she is in fact a woman.
She's my little tsundere desert rose, what I tap when I want a dose of the exotic.

Now c'mere, give me a kiss!

upload_2021-12-28_17-30-10.gif

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter

Skinwalker

*teleports between you*
Patron
Village Idiot
Did you really just write all of that crap? You have issues. Also you're obviously gay.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom