Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

A Proposal Regarding Newfag Access and Entrance Fees

Bigg Boss

Arcane
Sorry I was unaware. I thought I heard someone bitching about it the other day. Well, I know I heard someone bitching about it, but maybe they didn't know that.

Unwanted

†††

Patron
While we're at it, make newfags earn their entrance to the gaming forums, something like a 40,000 word essay on either the Age of Decadence, or the dreaded question: "What is a RPG?".

MegaRhettButler

Literate
I remember when getting into GD required nothing at all.

Same. I honestly don't think the site is that different now than it was then, culturally at least. Back then there was this same identity crisis going on. The tension between allowing free speech and maintaining quality. OG members who wanted a place where they could argue and diss games without being banned lost their shit when actual Nazis started posting here. They didn't intend to create what the Codex became, and on the rare occasions when they would post they had nothing nice to say about it. That hasn't changed.

I think I made my first account here in '07 and back then people were arguing about how to make this site like it was originally intended to be. That still hasn't happened, but maybe the tension between free speech and quality control is what gives this place it's unique culture? If all the trolls were banned this place would just be a circle jerk.

Metronome

Learned
Oh well, I guess you will just have to wait to hear my very important opinions on Donald Trump.

Semiurge

Cipher
While we're at it, make newfags earn their entrance to the gaming forums, something like a 40,000 word essay on either the Age of Decadence, or the dreaded question: "What is a RPG?".

I could do that, but then y'all would just TL;DR it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom