Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

A question about money

Gondolin

Arcane
Given the low number of hitpoints, the lack of a party and the chances of being ambushed by thieves while traveling, is there any way to store part of your money and some items that you don't need at the moment in a strongbox somewhere and avoid being cleaned out?

The Commercium, at least, should be able to offer banking services. You leave your money with them and they give you a letter of credit that can be used to draw cash in some other town. It's better than to get to your destination broke.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
That's exactly what we have (inspired by Daggerfall). You can also make fake letters of credit, if your skill is high enough.

Behemoth

Novice
letters of credit? where is my credit. for the FAQ. you MONSTER

cardtrick

Arbiter
Haha, this is my favorite codex drama since I joined. Well, with the possible exception of Roqua/Bryce, but that was a little too sad to fully appreciate.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
"Today, a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration … that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There's no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather."

Great quote dude, Monthy Python?

cardtrick

Arbiter
Originally by Bill Hicks, but the version he has in his sig I think is from a Tool song.

Vault Dweller

Developer
denizsi said:
Is there frequent use of money beyond buying equipment?
You can give bribes, sponsor a small war, maintain your own raiders, enslave nations with necromancy, etc.

John Yossarian

Magister
Don't wanna start a new topic since it probably has been answered already, but have you guys taken any measures to stop people from milking dialogue trees (i.e. keep repeating the conversation until you get the right answer combo)?

Vault Dweller

Developer
John Yossarian said:
Don't wanna start a new topic since it probably has been answered already, but have you guys taken any measures to stop people from milking dialogue trees (i.e. keep repeating the conversation until you get the right answer combo)?
Yes.

Gondolin said:
Yee-ha!! I'm getting tired of saving the world game after game. :twisted:
The only way to save this particular world is to wipe everyone out, but that's not one of the options. One of my favorite endings is to restore a god, convince it that the mankind has wronged it, and become the First Acolyte. You'll be able to manifest your God's powers and force the remaining Noble Houses into submission.

VonVentrue

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Jasede said:
oh god i hate you spoiler argh argh

"One of my favourite endings..." - You should have stopped reading there. :)

Anyway, thank You for the info, VD. That sounds extremely promising.

cardtrick

Arbiter
Jasede said:
oh god i hate you spoiler argh argh

Yikes . . . normally I think Jasede gets a little too pissy about the spoilers, but this one was pretty bad. Some warning would have been good . . .

Actually, why would you post the ending at all? That seems sort of weird to me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom