Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline A truly ignominious Codexian fact, and a question about how thread views are tallied

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Want to see something really funny?

1. Go to General RPG Discussion.

2. Click on the column name "Views" to sort threads by total number of views.

3. Witness, in horror, what you, RPG Codex, have mostly been talking about, looking at, and thinking about.

---

We were wondering, Infinitron, DarkUnderlord, Taluntain whether or not non-members' views of said threads count in their viewed statistics. Not that, if they were, this would make this sad fact any less embarrassing and shamefur, but it would blunt it somewhat, knowing only filthy outsiders were hiking up those numbers of views.

What the hell have we become?

Mortmal

Arcane
Nothing shameful, its pillar eternity thread on top, the most hyped baldur's gate spiritual successor. We are on an obsidian fan site ,with dedicated staff paid to post every tidbit of news about it . Makes senses its the most viewed thread and the codex did an excellent job at advertising it.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
It's a sum of member, unregistered and bot page renders of a given thread. A very basic statistic that's not really useful for proving anything much beyond the obvious fact that threads with hundreds of thousands of pages will very likely have more views than those with dozens.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
That's only because Grimoire's pre-release thread has been retardo'd while the Pillars pre-release threads weren't. With 2.9 million views it was way above the Pillars threads.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
That's only because Grimoire's pre-release thread has been retardo'd while the Pillars pre-release threads weren't. With 2.9 million views it was way above the Pillars threads.
However, looking at
15985.png

15465.jpg

it's clear that all those views were just rubbernecking. Grimoire gets a mere 30%; meanwhile over half the Codex has played Pillars of Eternity, Divinity: Original Sins, Tides of Numenera, Wasteland 2, Witcher 3, and Mass Effect 3.

Whiny-Butthurt-Liberal

over half the Codex has played Pillars of Eternity, Divinity: Original Sins, Tides of Numenera, Wasteland 2, Witcher 3, and Mass Effect 3
Why are you mentioning Witcher 3 in the same sentence as boring fake-oldschool trash? Witcher 3 neither tried to recapture the glory days of 90s RPGs, nor is a bad game by any objective measure (combat is a bit wobbly, and too many quests end with the shocking twist of the monster being an innocent snowflake persecuted by evil hoomanz, I guess Project Rekt is a bunch of closet-libtards)

Swampy_Merkin

Learned
Possibly Retarded
I love new tags: let me repeat: Grimoire is a hobo looking for a 3/4 smoked butt to toke just let out of the county drunk tank and showing up at that one old dive-bar where they still give away home-made chili-dogs for free on Wednesdays.....King of Fighters III still chugging along in the corner.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
However, looking at
15985.png

15465.jpg

it's clear that all those views were just rubbernecking. Grimoire gets a mere 30%; meanwhile over half the Codex has played Pillars of Eternity, Divinity: Original Sins, Tides of Numenera, Wasteland 2, Witcher 3, and Mass Effect 3.
I say we make thread "Your favourite rpg" put a few token old games and PoE and DD,then DU bans all of their fangoys or locks then only in those games threads. Too many non rpgs fans here,a purge is needed.

Self-Ejected

DakaSha V

Self-Ejected
However, looking at
15985.png

15465.jpg

I say we make thread "Your favourite rpg" put a few token old games and PoE and DD,then DU bans all of their fangoys or locks then only in those games threads. Too many non rpgs fans here,a purge is needed.

Fuck rpg's

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
You idiot.

I got this tag fair-and-square by standing there and letting Menckenstein repeatedly frag me while I attempted to make excuses for myself in chat.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom