Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Ability to block ratings from a given user, without blocking their posts.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
I'm a popular guy in political threads, and I've accumulated a dozen fangirls who insist on rating every post I make. This is annoying if I've made a dozen posts, then my groupies wake up and start spamming ratings all at once.
However, I love them as much as they love me, and I want to be able to see their low IQ inane posts, and respond to them. I should be able to only block ratings from a user, while still being able to see their posts. I'm sure its easy to do, as ratings and posts surely are different entities in the code and database.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm a popular guy in political threads, and I've accumulated a dozen fangirls who insist on rating every post I make. This is annoying if I've made a dozen posts, then my groupies wake up and start spamming ratings all at once.
However, I love them as much as they love me, and I want to be able to see their low IQ inane posts, and respond to them. I should be able to only block ratings from a user, while still being able to see their posts. I'm sure its easy to do, as ratings and posts surely are different entities in the code and database.

Nuclear approach would just be to turn off rating notifications, though that would also stop notifications for "legit" ratings, if you actually care about such things.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
If you allowed that people could block all their opponents and make it seems like everyone agrees with them. If you're annoyed by constant rating spam just turn off the rating notifications.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
If you allowed that people could block all their opponents and make it seems like everyone agrees with them. If you're annoyed by constant rating spam just turn off the rating notifications.
I don't care if people give me le epic Reddit downvotes. I just don't want them appearing on my alerts page, because it makes it useless. I can currently deduce when Atlantico or HeroMarine or BING XI LAO wake up just by seeing my alerts and noticing a wall of retard, butthurt, retard, reddit, retard, shit, etc rates. And when I see that, I just end up not checking any, and maybe miss on someone responding to me.
So let them rate, and let everyone see it. I just don't want to see the alerts. I want the ability to block someone's ratings from appearing in my alerts, without blocking their posts.

HeroMarine

Irenaeus
Vatnik
And when I see that, I just end up not checking any, and maybe miss on someone responding to me.

CongraTULATIONS, that's how I deal with it.

rx73sNt.png

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Here, I created a special greasemonkey script to help you out.
Yeah man, I'm such a triggered snowflake for not wanting to use the block function, and actually wanting to read the posts of people who spam me.
I should toughen up and be more accepting of criticism, like you are, having straight up blocked people. Use your script.

And when I see that, I just end up not checking any, and maybe miss on someone responding to me.

CongraTULATIONS, that's how I deal with it.

rx73sNt.png
Looks like you would benefit from that feature I am requesting. Maybe you should join me in asking for it.
And I am sure you are aware that you make my page look like that, more than once.

I don't care if people give me le epic Reddit downvotes. I just don't want them appearing on my alerts page, because it makes it useless. I can currently deduce when Atlantico or HeroMarine or BING XI LAO wake up just by seeing my alerts and noticing a wall of retard, butthurt, retard, reddit, retard, shit, etc rates. And when I see that, I just end up not checking any, and maybe miss on someone responding to me.
So let them rate, and let everyone see it. I just don't want to see the alerts. I want the ability to block someone's ratings from appearing in my alerts, without blocking their posts.

Perhaps this might help:

try this.png

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Perhaps this might help:
But I want to see when other people react, just not a few select people who spam me and rate every post of mine, regardless if they care for it or not.
I think I made myself clear, I want to be able to ignore only reacts, from only a few select people. This is easy to do in the code.

Perhaps this might help:
But I want to see when other people react, just not a few select people who spam me and rate every post of mine, regardless if they care for it or not.
I think I made myself clear, I want to be able to ignore only reacts, from only a few select people. This is easy to do in the code.

Can't you just review your newest posts from time to time? Outside of Kalarion nobody rates old posts anyway.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Can't you just review your newest posts from time to time?
I can, but its annoying. Similarly, I can see who quotes me by refreshing the page and reading back a few pages, but I'd rather get alerted. Its more convenient. Especially if my alerts page isn't full of 20 messages by 1 person calling me a retard.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Good morning. All ratings received within 1 minute, even though it takes more than 1 minute to read through the pages containing these posts. I don't want to see this, as its useless, but I want to see the fag's useless posts. Please allow me to ignore his rating spam, without ignoring his post spam. Its easy to implement.
0a1dhXD.jpg

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
I collect my negative ratings as medals from the butthurt i've caused to the plebs

They hate me cause they ain't me
That's cool, but I don't want to see it in the Alerts list. I can collect them on the profile, without them taking up real estate on that list.

CHEMS

Scholar
I collect my negative ratings as medals from the butthurt i've caused to the plebs

They hate me cause they ain't me
That's cool, but I don't want to see it in the Alerts list. I can collect them on the profile, without them taking up real estate on that list.
Try the ignore button maybe? Otherwise just suck it up

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom