Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

About the moderation queue

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
What kind of posts are we being protected from? Spambots? Shitposters?

Could we get a little taste of what the moderation queue protects us from?

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Here is a Moderator view of the Adventure Forum:

9716.png

EDIT: And INCLINE of Diablo 3 gold farmers. At least they know that Diablo 3 is not a cRPG. It's a shitty Adventure Game.

:troll:

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
You know Jaesun, next time someone calls you a faggot for deleting/moderating/retardoing, stop doing it for a few days and let the whiner drown in Diablo 3 spam. That might make some of them come to their senses.

On a more serious note I hadn't realize there were THAT many adbots here now.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
You know Jaesun, next time someone calls you a faggot for deleting/moderating/retardoing, stop doing it for a few days and let the whiner drown in Diablo 3 spam. That might make some of them come to their senses.

If he stops, you won't see that shit anyway - they go to the queue automatically. All new posters do.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Yeah, but it's a lot like the methane works in Bartertown. If it stops, you may not see it right away, but soon enough you'll start to smell it.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
There aren't, at least for most of the time I have nothing to do in GG and SG. Maybe one spam post for a month. Jaesun just pulled the shittier end of the stick this time.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Yeah we haven't had a large attack in a while, but I just picked a section from the last time we had a spam attack.

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
DarkUnderlord
A new poster that's run straight to GD? Don't think I'm not watching you.

Like a hawk.

A hawk with eyes.

Laser eyes.

Laser eyes with really good vision.​
This is what I got when I first started posting. I though the paranoia was a bit iffy to be honest.
I was curious as to what was behind the paranoia, and hence my inquires into the mod queue.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Confirmed that Diablo 3 gold farmers are smarter than Biodrones.

Cassidy

Arcane

9716.png

EDIT: And INCLINE of Diablo 3 gold farmers. At least they know that Diablo 3 is not a cRPG. It's a shitty Adventure Game.

What is gaudaost doing outside the queue for Diablo 3/popamole in general spambots and shills?

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
So we treat every new member as though they were an adbot, to protect the place from the rare adbot attack?

Well, it's only 5 posts and they usually get approved almost instantly anyway. When I joined last year I think I waited less than hour before I could start shitposting freely.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane

9716.png

What is gaudaost doing outside the queue for Diablo 3/popamole in general spambots and shills?

Fuck you Cassidy, I wanted to say that.

Truthfully though, I am somewhat impressed by how much butthurt gaudaost causes wherever he appears. His trolling is so perfectly banal and forgettable, that it appears to push the right buttons for a whole bunch of people. He's like the Edward Norton to skyway's Brad Pitt.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
He is pretty good. Sometimes you can even forget he's trolling, but then suddenly his contrarian nature shines through again and the lights flick back on.

I've placed him on ignore for the moment, but the ignore function only really works if nobody else engages the troll either.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom