Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Ace Attorney coming to steam!

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
First trial is always the tutorial which tends to be the most boring one since they usually have a sole eyewitness who is also the culprit. Only exception being Apollo Justice that has a twist to it. And yeah what Talby said about the court vs investigation holds true, it's the worst when it boils down to pixel hunting or presenting half the court record to a character to get the trigger.
I'd say the first trial of The Great Ace Attorney is one of the better cases in the game, and leagues ahead of all mainline 3DS trials, quality-wise.

I felt like it would've been better if the game had a proper closure for that particular villain. The trial is great displaying how Ryuunosuke opens up for the role though.

lightbane

Arcane
Fear not, that lady shows up again in the second game, I think. Right in the first case, IIRC.

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
40 eurobucks is a bit too much considering I already played the first game. Guess I'll wait for a sale.

I've just started on Great Ace Attorney Chronicles and I'm surprised how much I'm enjoying the 3D. I figured it would lose a lot of character and charm after the transition, but they're keeping the presentation almost identical and still working in a lot of amusing little touches into the animations (Like Ryunosuke slapping the table with both his hands and glancing with distress at them for half a second when they just make a fleshy slap sound rather than a loud BANG). Interface is a little fucky (Using both WASD and arrow keys when examining an object for example) but glad they put this out.

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
The 3D models in Dual Destinies looked inferior to the 2D sprites, but by the second game I think they learned their lesson.

The 3D models in Dual Destinies looked inferior to the 2D sprites, but by the second game I think they learned their lesson.
Hadn't played that/those, looking it up it appears they're 3DS games like these originally were and since I never owned a 3DS (Or bothered to emulate) I hadn't seen 'em. Glad they eventually got better with the 3D models at least, also slightly hope they port the rest to PC because they're a fun time.

LarryTyphoid

Scholar

Counting DD and SoJ as "Apollo Justice" games? Interesting.

These three games don't hold a candle to the Phoenix Wright trilogy, but they're still pretty good in my opinion.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom