Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Achtung! Cthulhu Tactics - Based on tabletop RPG

Challenge the Great Old Ones from October 4th

*Exciting news claxon*

We're super excited to announce that Achtung! Cthulhu Tactics will launch on Steam on October 4th!

We also have a brand new gameplay trailer for you and a whole new set of exclusive screenshots that are now live on the Steam store page. The new assets showcase various locations from numerous missions within the game and also provide a first look at some of the mythical Nazi weapons and enemies you will be faced with.

Check out the new launch trailer below!

With exactly two weeks to go until the launch of Achtung! Cthulhu Tactics, we're going to be sharing even more behind the scenes content and giving you an insight into the Forest of Fear. If you have any questions, please let us know below or drop us a message in the Community Hub. We can't wait to share the game with you next month!

Thanks for your support

a061b110d7531d97075c7c4bc87bd3129568199d.gif

Jinn

Arcane
This actually looks way better than I ever thought it would. Terrible name though. Wonder how it'll be?

This actually looks way better than I ever thought it would. Terrible name though. Wonder how it'll be?
I think the name might come from some board game or miniature game. Game does look promising. There are a lot of good games coming out the last 4 months of this year

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It's out:

ACT_STEAM_GIF_3.png

Challenge the horrifying reign of Nazi terror and battle an immortal evil in Achtung! Cthulhu Tactics; a turn-based tactical strategy game set in the award-winning Achtung! Cthulhu universe.

In this raging Secret War across Europe, an untold darkness spreads deep beneath the Earth and throughout the Forest of Fear. The unknown lurks in the shadows and you must claim victory at any cost, because whilst Nazi factions terrorise these lands, they are not the darkest foe you face…

ACT_Steam_Page_Banner_3.png

Behind enemy lines and tasked with overthrowing a nightmare alliance of dark science and the occult, you hold the fate of humanity in your hands. Lead your elite squad of allied forces to victory using daring tactics and cunning strategies to overthrow the Cult of the Black Sun and destroy the Mythos secrets they plan to use.

Key Features
  • Tactical Combat: direct a squad of allied heroes in innovative turn-based ground battles.
  • Momentum System: perform well in combat by racking up kills and executing critical hits to earn Momentum and turn the tide of battle in your favour.
  • Light vs Dark: harness the power of the light to expose and suppress the spawn of Cthulhu hiding in wait in the oppressive darkness.
  • AP System: every decision is important and the Action Point System gives you the flexibility to put as much emphasis into heavy combat or nimble movement as you like.
  • Psychological System: witness too many horrors of war and watch as your unit's sanity begins to unravel mid-fight.
  • Build Your Team: characters have unique skills that can be unlocked and levelled up in different ways, and weapons can be modified to give a variety of benefits. This lets you customise your squad to better vanquish Nazi scum.
  • Weird World War: explore the Lovecraft-meets-WW2 universe of Achtung! Cthulhu like never before with Mythos-inspired enemies and a story-driven campaign handcrafted by John Houlihan which ties directly into the pen and paper roleplaying game narrative.

Mustawd

Late September - October 2018: When every indie rpg dev ran out of money and released their games.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Well, I did.

The game has a number of flaws, so it's best be taken for what it is - a digital adaptation of a table-top game.
With a bit bigger budget it could have been on par with Mutant YZ.

- It is linear, with 11 main and 10 optional missions.
- The maps are small, and only come in 2 flavors - a forest and nazi "katakomben" base.
- There's no itemization to write home about, you get some consumables, like grenades and medi-kits, and some weapons upgrades, like improved ammo or better scopes, but that's it.
- Stat progression is automatic, but you can choose skills.

Yet the game has some charm, and is short enough to end before I got bored in shooting cthulhu-nazis.

There also some mechanics that I found interesting
- Vision cone and range - characters can hear farther then they see in a fog,
so you know someone's there, but can't attack them before making an eye contact.
- Panic gauge (I guess you just can't go without it in a cthulhu tagged game)
- Chain of command - the highest ranking officer provides points to a shared pool of "special actions" based on his leadership stat. So if your Cap goes down, so does the number of your tactical options, as Sarge is a less inspiring leader.

All in all it was pleasant enough, but I doubt it would get in any "must see" lists.

Monk

Arcane
That is, for the tabletop game itself, a free quickstart PDF

Achtung! Cthulhu 2d20 Quickstart

Dare you face the terror lurking at the heart of Saint Sulac? Join a band of intrepid Allied agents as they investigate the mystery gripping this obscure corner of France. Who are the mysterious Nazi Black Sun? Why have they overrun this sleepy French village? What are they doing with the villagers they imprison in the mysterious ancient chateau at its centre?

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
I acutally backed the KS for this back in the day. I dont exactly regret this even though the game is OK at its best moments and meh for rest of the time, because at my backer level I got like four free PDFs for the tabletop game which were really fun to read.

Unwanted

Savecummer

Latest Doxxer Account
Edgy
3rd mission and im already tired... killing THIRTY fucking enemies wtih 4 dudes...
aUwvtkl.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom