Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Across the Obelisk (Early Access Game), deck building co-op

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
https://acrosstheobelisk.com

OwO What's This? Some amalgamation of Slay the Spire and Darkest Dungeon?

ss_ce6a08df5a438014ac7eb490658791b29772a51e.jpg

ss_1e0632e8f2ba3cff25895d0525eefc0981b3263b.jpg

ss_01ac2699a60925be0f12657179adfa91f18b5a13.jpg

ss_2b6c4ac224269274dd90442a61efb1e76b13b8c1.jpg

Steam description:
  • Dynamic Deckbuilding Roguelite RPG
  • Play solo or co-op with up to three friends
  • Sixteen unlockable characters to create your party
  • +500 cards and items to choose, craft and upgrade
  • Procedural generated system intended to be highly replayable
  • Events and quests where your decisions affect how the story unfolds
  • Face powerful bosses in tactical combat

Last edited by a moderator:

lightbane

Arcane
What's up with most recent indie games having deck-building? Is this the new fad after crafting autism finally died off?

Last edited:

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
What's up with ALL recent indie games having deck-building? Is this the new fad after crafting autism finally died off?

I think it was Hearthstone that started a small boom in digital card games, and after that Slay the Spire that started a small boom in deck builders.
But you are saying ALL recent indies? Really, all? ALL? Can you even list a dozen notable ones? I couldn't think of more than a few. Of the ones I recently played, only Ratropolis.

lightbane

Arcane
I exaggerated, I meant "many". Whether they're good or not, that's something else.
I can mention Griftlands, which had something else as mechanics before switching to deck-building.
Other examples are: Tainted Grial, Trials of Fire, Fight in Tight Spaces, Hadean Tactics, Loop Hero, Neoverse, Library of Ruina, Black Book, Gordian Quest, etc.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
This exited Early Access recently and a couple friends and I are trying it. Our first session was fun - we scheduled 2 hours but ended up playing closer to 4. Combat mechanics appear solid, lots of upgrading to do, lots of status effects and synergies. A somewhat "FTL-like" world map where you only go left to right but choose your path across different events and opportunities. Good simple "high card" type voting system for decision conflicts about where to go and which event options to choose.

Also played some solo, decent fun but less exciting without coordinating decisions with friends. Recommended for a try if you have 1-3 folks to play with.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom