Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ad Banners - About & Problem Reports

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Thanks, I'll see if I can track it down.

puur prutswerk

Magister
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
abWSaOL.png

It is 2019

I do not think i have to explain why this is problematic :roll:

I also do not think i need to involve my substantial Twitter following into this.

Thanks in advance.

Morkar Left

abWSaOL.png

It is 2019

I do not think i have to explain why this is problematic :roll:

I also do not think i need to involve my substantial Twitter following into this.

Thanks in advance.

It's only problematic if you can't choose between the 112 existing genders!

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
I am currently getting Atelier Dusk Trilogy Deluxe Pack advertisements up top. This is an immense incline in being the first time I have seen an honest to god video game advertised on the codex (browser and phone apps not qualifying of course).

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
1.png

I'm sometimes getting this weird crimson rectangle in place of a proper ad. It doesn't point anywhere, it cannot be selected, and it is not a real image that can be viewed on its own.

d1nolore

Savant
I read the forum on my mobile (iPhone) the ad at the bottom on the screen keeps jumping my view up, whenever the ad changes it bounces me around and I have to scroll back to where I was. This is a newer issue I don’t remember there being an ad fixed to the bottom of the screen in the past. It really ruins the experience of being here

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Ah, I think we're talking about the layout shift that happens when the creatives change/reload. This is on my to-do to fix.

Drop Duck

Learned
Did something change recently? I don't remember ads being embedded in posts towards the end of the page and thought a user was trying to advertise me something here. The ads that used to be to the right of the first post on the page have also disappeared, if they were moved down there the old way was better since you could tell they weren't a part of the post.

XTqyyqa.png

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Mobile ads are getting more and more obtrusive. It's a pita to browse on the phone as it is now. I get that ads get you some cash flow, but it shouldn't be to the detriment of your readers' experience on the site. I block ads on PC, but I kept the phone version ad block free. If this gets worse, I will have to block ads on my phone, too. It's gotten worse in the past year and a half, but the way it is now, you'd think I was on a Chinese pirate site or something.

Last edited:

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
I need the info listed in the first post, "some ad is bad" doesn't help in tracking it down and removing it. I.e.:

Here's the holy trinity of valid reports about problematic ads:

1. Take a screenshot of it.

2. See where the ad points to (target url), and copy the url. If you can't get the target url by right-clicking on the ad and Copying Link Location, click on the ad and copy the url that you land on.

3. Describe what the ad is doing that is problematic.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I need the info listed in the first post, "some ad is bad" doesn't help in tracking it down and removing it. I.e.:

Here's the holy trinity of valid reports about problematic ads:

1. Take a screenshot of it.

2. See where the ad points to (target url), and copy the url. If you can't get the target url by right-clicking on the ad and Copying Link Location, click on the ad and copy the url that you land on.

3. Describe what the ad is doing that is problematic.
I can't right click on my phone, can I? It's for all ads. They are intrusive as fuck. To begin with, there's one at the bottom of the screen. It's your standard ad place that show different ads. Then, you have the ads at the top. They show up, then they load, and when you have scrolled down the page, they will auto scroll up your screen so that you can see them. It doesn't seem to be about which ad its is, but it has more to do how you have chosen to implement ads. I will take a screen from my phone later.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom