Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ad Banners - About & Problem Reports

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Yea, clearly that shouldn't be happening, you seem to be getting a mix of desktop and mobile ads for some reason. I need the urls of the pages of those screenshots too so I can test and fix this.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Browsing on mobile is now much better.

There is only one ad per page, and it is not a pita to navigate on my phone.

Nathaniel3W

Rockwell Studios
Patron
Developer
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but the different sizes of ads is bothersome because all the content on the page moves around when a new ad gets loaded.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hey yo, I'm supposed to be ad-free via donations yet am still getting top of page external propaganda. Apologies if this is already under discussion elsewhere; please redirect me as appropriate.

ads.PNG

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
This is being worked on and should be fixed soon, XF2 makes our check for who has ad-free from the site donation campaigns much harder than it used to be on XF1.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Zombra and anyone else with ad-free access; you shouldn't be seeing any ads now, neither on the forums, nor the front page. If you are, post here and blame Twiglard . :smug:

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
We've always shown those to everyone even on the old forums as they're just affiliated buttons, so those don't count. I meant larger banner ads, I assume you aren't seeing others except the top one. If you're only seeing that one, it's likely DarkUnderlord 's fault so we're waiting for him to fix whatever he did to make the conditionals not work there.

SoupNazi

9/10 whenever I go through the main page for the first time in a day, it stalls for a bit then a download of some html file starts:
1656840686297.png

Sometimes it keeps trying and trying again to download some randomly named files until I close the tab or navigate to the forums (if I manage to click it fast enough).

Weird thing is, it then goes away. Like once I get to the forums and I open the main page again, it doesn't happen, even if I refresh the page 20 times.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220713-225552_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220713-225552_Chrome.jpg
    777.8 KB · Views: 47

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom