Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Add "Preview" button to Quick Reply?

Sometimes I like to preview my posts before I post them to check how colors look against the actual post background, which is one of two shades of blue, not dark grey, like the box I am typing in now. The "Preview" button would simply take you to the same place clicking on "More Options" -> "Preview..." takes you. Would remove an extra click.

Think of the clicks.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
This has been asked for before and will only happen if someone at XF does it or makes a plugin.

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
I probably asked this more than once and even got an answer but what's the purpose of having "more options" instead of preview? this a rpgcodex.net thing?

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
You'd have to ask the team at XenForo as to why they didn't put a preview button there.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I am honestly surprised with the lack of just a simple "Preview" button as well. Just surprised this had never come up (yet?) with the XenForo devs. But it would be a nice addition some day if they can add it.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
Just surprised this had never come up (yet?) with the XenForo devs.
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/change-more-options-button-to-preview-button.7353/
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/suggestion-preview-in-quick-reply.3090/

Basically we need to harass them more.

You'd have to ask the team at XenForo as to why they didn't put a preview button there.
Then why did you choose XenForo? This is all your fault DU.
Hey, it was a choice between a quick reply with no preview button or no quick reply at all.

Well I see you're already fighting the good fight. On the one hand, I'm slightly embarrassed I forgot about the other thread, but on the other hand, it makes it seem like we have more demand!

They seem very against having more than 2 buttons. That's fine. Replace More Options with Preview, and have Preview take you to More Options with the Preview up. Or simply have More Options display a preview by default? That might be an easier solution to pursue cobbling together.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
Gentlemen, success! We now have EQnoble - a man you surely would have heard of as a most avid presser of the preview button - joining our cause! Why his fame is legendary and tales of his pressing of the preview button can be heard from coast to coast.

Surely they will not stand against our united forces now and a preview button in the quick reply area cannot be far away!

SerratedBiz

Arcane
That thread is quickly approaching gold status. :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom