Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Admit it: You are going to buy Fallout 4.

Select one once you've come to peace with the truth

• Day 1 pip-boy edition preorder

Votes: 10 2.7%
  • Collector's edition

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Fine I admit you're right but just the regular edition

Votes: 27 7.3%
  • Grudgingly buy it after release

Votes: 24 6.5%
  • Borrow from swedish unlicensed maritime tax collectors

Votes: 73 19.7%
  • I WON'T DO IT I TELL YOU!!!/in denial/kingcomrade

Votes: 39 10.5%
  • OP is a faggot

Votes: 197 53.1%

• Total voters

pippin

The concept behind Dead MOney's world and atmosphere was ok but implemented poorly. The zombies are fucking obnoxious, but I liked how the Cloud and your collar added an element of urgency about the gameplay.

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014
FO3 was shit, why would I want to buy 4?
I'll wait and see what people say and then I'll eventually wait for it to hit the bargain bin

Self-Ejected

Davaris

Self-Ejected
Developer
I assumed it was released months ago and was not interested enough to look into it. I guess that means the hype train is yet to arrive at the Codex.

Alfons

Prophet
I'll wait and see what people say and then I'll eventually wait for it to hit the bargain bin
How long is that going to take? It's a aaa game that will probably get 10/10 GOTY reviews on every mainstream outlet like any other turd shat out by Bethesda. There's also the diarrhea of DLC that it will probably get.

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014
How long is that going to take? It's a aaa game that will probably get 10/10 GOTY reviews on every mainstream outlet like any other turd shat out by Bethesda. There's also the diarrhea of DLC that it will probably get.

even if it takes 5 years, it's not like i am dying to play it.

PeachPlumage

Cipher
I think I have had my fill of Bethesda's hiking simulations, between Morrowind and Obsidian's Fallout: New Vegas that's pretty much all I can take before I become clinically depressed.

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
I don't know about that.
Notice how the article contains a twitter message and best deals for all the games. Good journalism.
I also don't get their logic. How does limiting files on the disc, prevent piracy? People will still just crack the files from Steam anyway...

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
It was the same with skyrim ,that shit installed like 70% and then i had to wait to download the rest of data,fucking cock suckers.....what's the point of those damn dvd's then ?
Imagine a day when your internet doesn't work and you want to install the game,oh but wait,you can't because greedy mcfuckstein doesn't care that you payed 60 dollah for something that should work out of the fucking box...

And it's not like it won't be cracked in the first 2 hours of release, so why the fuck would you still torture your paying costumers?

The Polaks understood that fighting piracy is fruitless and now look at them,they are praised and loved by a lof of idiots and as it should be.

Frozen

Arcane
Why would you pay for Fallout 4?
Lets just skip why would you play for the sake of argument.

pippin

Patches and updates were the "solution" some devs found for preventing piracy. That's why Paradox games are constantly updated with new dlc and stuff like that - if you pirate the game, you will always be behind the last fully working version of it. However, knowing Bethesda, they won't support the game for that much time after release (basically a few patches here and there and then the GOTY edition), so if you *really* want to buy Fallout 4, just wait for the complete version instead.

Paul_cz

Arcane
I will buy it. I am sure the narrative and stuff like that will suck, but hopefully it will have nice post-apo atmosphere and enjoyable exploration. I know Bethesda is incompetent at most things so I do not really expect much else.

Zeronet

Learned
I also don't get their logic. How does limiting files on the disc, prevent piracy? People will still just crack the files from Steam anyway...

The intent is to encourage piracy, by making life more difficult for people. Not sure why Bethesda want to do that though.

Patches and updates were the "solution" some devs found for preventing piracy. That's why Paradox games are constantly updated with new dlc and stuff like that - if you pirate the game, you will always be behind the last fully working version of it. However, knowing Bethesda, they won't support the game for that much time after release (basically a few patches here and there and then the GOTY edition), so if you *really* want to buy Fallout 4, just wait for the complete version instead.

It makes it more convenient to own the paradox titles on steam, but you wouldn't actually be behind on patches.

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
Some leaked footage. There's more, just type "Fallout 4" in the search bar. These were just the best quality.

The FPS mechanics seem more competent this time around - I guess that's due to id Software's help. Still resembles nothing of a Fallout game of course, other than the original Fallout assets (pip-boy etc). Can't believe I just mentioned fps mechanics when referring to a Fallout game, 90's me would've laughed at that. What a backwards world we live in now.

Last edited:

Ruzen

Savant
Anyone noticed the map size? I was considering buying because nere is nothing good to play for 3-4 months but after seen that small map. I have my conserns. I mean Witcher 3 set up the bar too high now. Todd Howard must get his out of the consol mentality.

pippin

an SJW storyline (Syths are PEOPLE TOO YOU RACISTS!)

blade-runner-batty.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom