Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Aeronautica Imperialis: Flight Command - simultaneous turn-based 40K aerial combat game

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
https://www.aeronauticaimperialisflightcommand.com

ss_99a320037696cdeb4a59cbc18598013636a31acb.jpg

ss_92bc0a45531f1afc38c148dcc1f87dc8a966080f.jpg

Based on the tabletop game of the same name. Developed by British studio Binary Planets, published by Green Man Gaming.

Take control of the war for air supremacy in the 41st millennium.

Aeronautica Imperialis: Flight Command propels the excitement of the Warhammer 40,000 universe into the stratosphere in a richly detailed aerial combat game.

Action2Cropped.gif

Enter the arena of tactical airborne warfare like never before as you launch into the war-torn skies of the 41st Millennium. Plan your manoeuvres and issue your commands, then pray to the Emperor (or to Gork and Mork) as your strategy unfolds in real time cinematic playback. Take to the skies as the heroes of the Imperial Navy and defend the Imperium or take command of the Ork Airwaagh and lead the planetary plundering from the air, for when the skies are dominated, control over the land soon follows.

Delivering a deep yet visually engaging combination of simultaneous turn-based strategy and atmospheric cinematic action, Aeronautica Imperialis: Flight Command takes the core mechanics and complexity of the tabletop game and streamlines them into an immersive tactical experience with more explosions!

Hit 'em hard, Hit 'em low and give 'em plenty of Dakka” - Uzgob (call-sign: Mavarork), Kommanda of the Deff Skwadron

PLANOPTandCROP.gif

Key Features

• Become the Flight Commander of the Aeronautica Imperialis or Skwadron Kommanda of the Ork Air Waaagh and take control of the fearsome airborne war engines of the Warhammer 40,0000 universe.
  • Simultaneous turn-based strategy meets real-time cinematic action. See the enemies of the Imperium of Mankind (or da puny humies) be destroyed from every angle.
  • In-depth tactical elements including altitude, pilot commands and a wide range of weapon systems adapted faithfully from the tabletop game.
  • Full single player air superiority campaign. Customise your squadron, level-up your pilots’ abilities with new skills, equip your aircraft with a deadly array of weaponry and build the ultimate flying force. then take on the might of the Airwaaagh’s fly boss over the skies of Rynn’s World.
  • 7 scenarios - each one a self-contained story delivering a different challenge in either single-player or multiplayer online. Play each one as the Imperial Navy or Ork Air Waaagh!
  • From Thunderbolts to Marauders, Fightas to ‘Eavy Bommers, take command of the mighty airborne engines of war from across the Imperial Navy and Ork Airwaagh!

I give you command of the air. It is up to you how you take it.” – Warmaster Macaroth, dispatch to Admiral Ornoff, 773.M41

Last edited by a moderator:

Norfleet

110 foot long fighter-bomber? That thing is huge, comparable in size to the Trumpjet, and not at all the kind of thing you could expect to fight anything in.

it seems an interesting, complex enough game, but i managed only to do part of the tutorial, the game gets stuck on a certain mission on purpose. yeah, you heard it right.
the real value of this game will be revealed once we know how missions will be tied together.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
110 foot long fighter-bomber? That thing is huge, comparable in size to the Trumpjet, and not at all the kind of thing you could expect to fight anything in.
Those GW dudes who made those tech sheets for various vehicles hardly had any idea what they're doing.
I remember laughing at one for Leman Russ MBT which boasted 40mm rolled steel frontal armour.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
it seems an interesting, complex enough game, but i managed only to do part of the tutorial, the game gets stuck on a certain mission on purpose. yeah, you heard it right.
the real value of this game will be revealed once we know how missions will be tied together.

The bombing tutorial?

nope, that one works. i don't know which one, but i checked in the discussions and an official answer was "we made the game get stuck because of a known bug".

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
You don't have to finish tutorial missions, to play the 2 available scenarios.
Sadly the game turned out to be pretty uninspiring. Or maybe it's just not my cup of tea.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
I liked it enough, though I feel that this game lives or dies not just by the types of objectives available, but also by the layout of the map. At this point it seems that you can get by by simply trying to outflank the enemy; it's a shame physics don't play a bigger role.

I'm reminded of the X-Wing Miniatures Game competitive scene, where after a while, the emphasis shifted from tactics to power creep from upgrade cards. Video games should have been adding more complexity since calculations can be done entirely by the computer, but alas.

Anyway I'm cautiously optimistic about this. Let's see how it goes.

in my opinion it needs a geoscape and random missions, or at least a semi-open structure like silent storm, to be an awesome game.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
in my opinion it needs a geoscape and random missions, or at least a semi-open structure like silent storm, to be an awesome game.
Yes, a dynamic campaign would be great.
Something like the Strategic part of the old Battle of Britain, or Falcon 4.0 would do.

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
So far my gut is telling me to give it a miss and put this in the same category as adeptus titanicus: games that are functional because they faithfully recreate the systems they are based of, but are otherwise barebones af and a tremendous wasted opportunity.

Out of the warhammer games coming out in this period, think I'll put my chips on Necromunda.

i thought this was at some early closed beta stage... holy crap, i have absolutely no faith in this to be a complex game as a whole. please surprise me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom