Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

After so many patches and DLC - Poe1 Worth playing?

Robert Erick

Educated
No, it's really boring. Find some bargain bin rpg GOG gives out for free and you'll have a better time.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
I was too harsh. I've started PoE anew and it's better than BG. Make of that what you will.

Last edited:

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
I dropped POE pretty early and was a bit bored and disappointed by it. But I didn't think it was that bad and I thought other people would like it. It felt ok to play and I liked the big early battle. I just got bored by all the filler quests and what felt like filler content to me. But I'm maybe sensitive to things like that. Also I didn't like the building thing, it seemed janky. Also I didn't like how much dialogue it was trying to force upon me. I hate game writing it's always so cliched and shit. The final straw for me was a dungeon crawl against a bunch of sewer rats or something boring and easy but I had to cast the same few minor spells in every fight with one of my characters. I know you could say this about most games but it just felt so unnecessary.

I never even tried POE2 I figured it would be more of the same.

DeepOcean

Arcane
In that light, what difference would "revealing the secret of the gods" in Eora make? For the ordinary person, what difference would it make to them to know that their gods were once humans who attained a kind of Singularity, what's the thing they're not that would upset people by finding out they're not that?

I'm not sure how quick people would be to worship 'Gods' that were just humans who engaged in soul mincing magic. Even if you consider such beings 'Gods', there is clearly a huge difference between a Divine Power that existed long before humans and had a hand in creating the world, and a human who had managed to amass enough power to elevate themselves to 'Godhood'.
I would, If I could pray to Rambo for him to give me the "Greater Ripped Body" spell or "Coleman's Anti Belly Fat Shield", I would be his most loyal faithful servant.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom