Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Afterfall: Rascal - about to hit the shelves soon.

SPORTFORREDNECK said:
Don't they try to "optimize" for the PC and thus fuck everything up?

Yes, but this would mean they do even less for each port. They can only do so much with a console, yet as time goes on, the ports require more PC power. It doesn't make any sense.

Well they learn better and better to "unlock" what power that consoles have. Compare early PS2 games to the final ones.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
BearBomber said:
I wonder how many of their promises will turn out to be bullshit.

All of the features they mentioned in my interview, probably. Because there was just way too much stuff in there to be implemented properly. Also, DUMBING DOWN FOR CONSOLE CROWD is most probably a thing they had to do. Because at first it was PC exclusive true RPG, then it got to consoles too. Which means auto-fail.

Also, planned as trilogy. Holy shit.

sPoRtFoRrEdNeCk said:
Well they learn better and better to "unlock" what power that consoles have. Compare early PS2 games to the final ones.

Fair enough, in which case it still shouldn't use any more resources on a PC. After all, they are still only using the same amount of power on the PS2, just using it more creatively. It seems that power makes programmers lazy; 'Oh, this machine has about 500 times the power so I can afford to slack off'.

The PC of today is a very poorly utilised machine. When I think of what they could do with the dinosaur computers of my youth...

Texas Red

Whiner
The only reason I can think of why someone would plan a trilogy is to give an impression of an extensive setting and great commitment for the team. Which is bull. First, anyone artistically inclined will surely get bored of something so common after a few years. And second, will they continue making the trilogy if the first game absolutely bombs?

Dark Individual said:
The only reason I can think of why someone would plan a trilogy is to give an impression of an extensive setting and great commitment for the team. Which is bull. First, anyone artistically inclined will surely get bored of something so common after a few years. And second, will they continue making the trilogy if the first game absolutely bombs?

To answer your first question; no, if the game is any good.

The second; no, they will stop the trilogy and anyone that enjoys it will have a single game with no real ending. These have happened countless times before.

JRR Tolkien is held up by fags as the god of fantasy literature. He basically only wrote in one setting. He didn't seem to get bored. Hell his children are still in that fucking Middle Earth.

Suchy

Arcane
1800.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom