Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Age of Decadence November Update

Ninjerk

Arcane
I wonder what the balance sheet is looking like after Steam sales so far.

Ninjerk

Arcane
What do you mean by "balance sheet"?
Overall, how much has been paid and how much has been made on AoD so far. As I understand, VD paid for some assets out of pocket? (I remember he said he'd rather make and show something quality before having upfront budget or somesuch)

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Overall, how much has been paid and how much has been made on AoD so far. As I understand, VD paid for some assets out of pocket? (I remember he said he'd rather make and show something quality before having upfront budget or somesuch)

I think he's spent a few tens of thousands of dollars on AoD, but you'll have to ask him to be sure. Unfortunately, VD seems to be on vacation at the moment.

Which is a shame, because I'm sure he'd have plenty of butthurt to contribute in the W2 beta thread.

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
I bought it through your site and not Steam, do I access this through the bmtmicro email I got when I bought it or some other way?

Gruia

Educated
i want my steam code (. Vince didn't log in to forum since 10th

Nick

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
I bought it through your site and not Steam, do I access this through the bmtmicro email I got when I bought it or some other way?

There should be an email with a download link from BMT. Or you can get a Steam key from us for free.

i want my steam code (. Vince didn't log in to forum since 10th

He will be back by the end of the week. But I'm regularly sending out Steam keys for preorderers who post in this thread:

http://www.irontowerstudio.com/forum/index.php/topic,3516.0.html

To make things happen faster, make sure your profile email matches the one you've preordered with.

hiver

Good to see the sales. That 10K doesnt seem that far away now does it?
And this money will gave you a nice pat on the shoulders and some easier breathing (and living) time too.

:thumbsup:

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Yep. Sales look good, I would expect another 1-2k during the next 6 months and then hopefully the final release would double those figures? 12-14k total seems doable.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
kinda makes one (or me at least) wonder whether overall income would be higher if the price was lower.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
This type of game benefits from the middle of the road price I think.
It's too niche for a wide release/low price model, but high prices would certainly drive away prospective buyers due to graphics, etc.

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
kinda makes one (or me at least) wonder whether overall income would be higher if the price was lower.

It would be lower in the long run, IMO. The game is already "outdated" regarding graphics, and if people want to pay less for the game, there will be sales several months after the full release.

Zeriel

Arcane

I think he's spent a few tens of thousands of dollars on AoD, but you'll have to ask him to be sure. Unfortunately, VD seems to be on vacation at the moment.

Which is a shame, because I'm sure he'd have plenty of butthurt to contribute in the W2 beta thread.

Oh god, I want to see Vince's face when he gazes upon the non-linear, old-school corridors of W2 for the first time.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Not sure why people would consider the graphics that outdated, they are very well done overall in terms of design and art consistency, the engine runs very smoothly for me, and even the DoF effects are used tastefully and add to the aesthetic.

I like how AoD looks, much more than WL2 or many other 3D crpgs down the years.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
It would be lower in the long run, IMO.
you could just as well argue that a lower price, say half of what it currently is, would attract those who atm would be rather unwilling to shell out those 20 or so bucks because of outdated graphics amongst other things. the lower the price, the more likely you are to catch impulse buyers who'd buy it just because they heard something good in passing, it has good steam reviews or achievements and steam constantly demonstrates that it is full of impulse buyers...

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It would be lower in the long run, IMO.
you could just as well argue that a lower price, say half of what it currently is, would attract those who atm would be rather unwilling to shell out those 20 or so bucks because of outdated graphics amongst other things. the lower the price, the more likely you are to catch impulse buyers who'd buy it just because they heard something good in passing, it has good steam reviews or achievements and steam constantly demonstrates that it is full of impulse buyers...

Just find out how much Underrail sold. Styg?

Monty

Arcane
the lower the price, the more likely you are to catch impulse buyers who'd buy it just because they heard something good in passing, it has good steam reviews or achievements and steam constantly demonstrates that it is full of impulse buyers...
Won't those impulse buyers be reached when it goes on sale a couple of months after release?

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
the lower the price, the more likely you are to catch impulse buyers who'd buy it just because they heard something good in passing, it has good steam reviews or achievements and steam constantly demonstrates that it is full of impulse buyers...
Won't those impulse buyers be reached when it goes on sale a couple of months after release?
yup. at least some of them.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Right, but can't they get the people who would pay $25 now and the people would would pay $15 in 4 months, and the people would pay $5 in 8 months, and maximize profit that way?

likaq

Arcane
They are already people on steam forum who are butthurt because you can't see 100% of content in 1 playthrough, you can't be a member of all factions at the same time, who cannot into hard combat, who believe that any character should be able to beat any combat encounter, you have retards like blackdragon who is very butthurt because in order to access some locations you need for example 8 PER etc.

Sell this game for $10 or $15 and steam forum will explode under commentaries from skyrim and mass defect fans who will buy this game only because is cheap and then will rage and wrote negative and hatefull reviews...

This game is very niche and it will never sell hundreds of thousands of copies therefore it needs highter price in order to generate enough profit.
$25 is very reasonable price for fallout+torment inspired game. I think that $30 is also a good price for this game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom