Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Age of Decadence Update 3 on Steam

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
http://steamcommunity.com/games/aod/announcements/detail/1802869221282802411

Our third update is out, officially making it a pattern! What’s in it? All kinds of cool things! Step right up and take a look!

Places to go, People to see, Things to get:

• Changed the area around the temple in the Slums to make it look like a busy little bazaar. We added a new, rather colorful character who greets you when you enter this square and introduces the area.
  • Added another character and his followers near the tower of Zamedi. He will provide a fresh perspective on the tower and share valuable insights with you.
  • Added a new artefact (a mechanical eye). You can acquire it and, in the best traditions of the Planescape Torment, swap it for one of your own. The eye doesn’t shoot lasers (would be totally cool if you did though), but it can see into other planes, which makes it a rather useful thing to have ... in your eye socket.
  • The hammer crowd complained that they don’t have a cool hammer, so we gave them … *drumroll* … the Perforator! It’s a handy spiked hammer with a unique icon.
  • 3 journal pages (not the entire journal yet, but it’s a good start). Now in addition to Quests and Techniques, you get Lore (to collect what you learned from different people in one place), Items for all the Artefacts you managed to get your hands on, and Characters to keep track of people you double- and triple-crossed. The Characters page has only the portrait and the intro text for each character; the effect of your actions will be added in the upcoming updates. Overall, you get 17 Lore entries, 29 character entries, and 15 Artefact entries. There will be a lot more in the full game, obviously.
  • Added several rare alchemy components in the tower’s library.

Quest Improvements:

• The trial-by-combat is now more customer-oriented. You will be offered a crappy weapon of your choice and even a shield!
  • Now you can fight Hamza in MG5 if you decide to go to the meeting alone. Aso, you can convince Strabos to tell you what he knows without having to fight Hamza in IG4. You can thank Brandon and his 'smart soldier' and 'tough trader' characters for this suggestion.
  • Now you can handle TG5 peacefully by paying the assassins crew a visit and discussing the situation with them, which means that now you can play the entire thieves questline without having to fight.
  • Now you can get the key to the tower of Zamedi as a Daratan praetor and thief (not only as a Gaelius’ faithful servant), which should make the game more open. We’ll extend this option to the assassins in the upcoming updates.

General Improvements:

• The scroll in Feng's house increases Lore to level 2. If you have 2 or more, you get 5 non-combat skill points instead.
  • The scroll in Antidas’ palace increases Etiquette to level 2. If you have 2 or more, you get 5 non-combat skill points instead.
  • The workbench in the blacksmith house increases Crafting to level 2. If you have 2 or more, you get 5 non-combat points.
  • Coltan either teaches you some Alchemy increasing it to level 2 or gives you a bunch of reagents plus a bottle of liquid fire, if you skill is 2 or more.
  • In Belios house in Teron you get a couple of quicksilver roots instead of a flat Alchemy increase.
  • The amount of money you can give to Reggie has been reduced to reflect the adjusted economy.
  • Added money and reputation rewards for the Arena fights and rebalanced SP gains.
  • Infiltrating the palace now awards some SP.
  • Fixed miscellaneous issues, dialogue loops, camera angles, icons, and such.

Keep in mind that while your save games are still compatible, some changes won’t take any effect until you restart the game.

As always, we’re very grateful to the Steam community for their support and willingness to try new things. So far, we’re on track for the next month update which should include 5 new locations. We did 2 locations in February and should be able to do the remaining 3 in March. Stay tuned!

Last edited:

hiver

Very nice, high quality update - as has become a custom.

It is available through BMT links?

by the way, ive been meaning to ask for some time... is it possible to create some kind of particle effects in Torque? Or anything that would look like sand blowing through the air, or smoke sometimes?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I haven't played this for a while now. I expect to be surprised heaps when I finally get to it.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Not yet. Takes some time.

If you want a Steam key, let me know.

by the way, ive been meaning to ask for some time... is it possible to create some kind of particle effects in Torque? Or anything that would look like sand blowing through the air, or smoke sometimes?
Yes.

hiver

I haven't played this for a while now. I expect to be surprised heaps when I finally get to it.
Im positively surprised every single time i instal newer version. I just installed previous R4.4 version yesterday - after a long break and re-installations of OS and whatnot... And its like : whoa! look at this shit! (i of course mean good shit... well, stuff)
And i dont have a habit of having such reactions usually.

Not yet. Takes some time.
If you want a Steam key, let me know.
Much obliged... but i guess i can wait, especially if saves will be compatible with R4.4 i have.
My internet connection isnt really capable of sucking that many... hmm... it is only a few hundred megabytes...
I do mean to buy a steam version one day, after i rob some tourists blind, because the game is worth it - might use it as a gift too...

I believe i will be able to post a few things on steam discussion pages even if i dont have it on steam.
Thanks anyway. ill wait.

Yes.
It can?

Well... you know, getting a bit of sand-dust-low clouds (not sand storms exactly) in the air inside Maadoran would look very nice, very atmospheric, very appropriate for that location, and it would make it look more like post-apocalyptic city.
And i guess other desert like smaller locations would benefit from it too.

- Would be great if it was kind of random... in those outside locations, sometimes appearing sometimes not (maybe depending on some basic choices), which would be great for replayability - and if it had some affect on THC too, if thats possible...?

- just a thought.

T(D?)-Bag

Literate
I would prefer the release of this damned game instead of this 'reports about incremental updates' bs

What the fuck are you smoking? If the game is fucking awesome now then the finished product is going to blow your balls off... and mine.

Unless VD gave me a beta key and if he did I have but one thing to say...

khaaaan.jpg

Followed by the sound of me scraping together what little is left of my welfare to buy a copy.

T(D?)-Bag

Literate
I imagine you all being able to get semi-hard at most and then aggressively trying to convince everyone that that is more than enough anyway.

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
What exactly do you imply? That the devs are lazy or what?

Would I like to see the finished game? Yeees...? Will I see it in the nearest future? Nooo...? Any more rhetorical questions to be answered?

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
I imagine you all being able to get semi-hard at most and then aggressively trying to convince everyone that that is more than enough anyway.
Not sure what you're bitching about, comrade. The game is still in development. Some people don't mind playing/supporting 'early access' games, some do. We update the game on a monthly basis to make it more enjoyable for people who are playing it now and show what we're working on. Would you rather we didn't because it offends your delicate sensibilities?

hiver

Nothing of that,...making the game better, improving everything across the board, adding quests, dialogue, new locations, nothing matters - to entitled faggots who want it nao.
Nevermind the complete retardation of logic there. Nevermind the facts and reality of it all.

They feel entitled to get that piece of new content NAO Vince. And so, in their retarded "gimme, gimme, gimme" brains - you become one who is stopping them from getting that new content that they want. You with your silly upgrades and improvements and additional design of this or that...

poetic codex

Augur
I'm somewhat ashamed to say I haven't played this game in a long time what with all the kick starters and early accesses going on. I'm still keeping an eye on it though, and I just recently watched an LP and noticed that the awesome button/easy mode is gone. I know it was just a silly in-joke but I think it added to the "flavor" of the game, to warn people that this was as anti-popamole as you could get. Wasteland 2 beta has that red boots DLC joke, so maybe you guys could get away with your awesome button joke.

hiver

dang it.

ok, Vault Dweller ... whats up with the BMT links?

If this is going to be a regular occurrence and its just somehow easier for you guys to do updates through steam, ... hell, ill take that key then.

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom