Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Age of Decadence

cutterjohn

Cipher
Since I'm tipsy and too tired to boot to dig up teh elderly thread is Vince getting even close to a release yet?

WTF it's been what? 5? 6? years now for a saleable(I hesitatew to label it commercial/shareware/etc.) game?

Seems to me like it's shit or gett off the pot time...

mvBarracuda

Augur
Test the R2 beta and find out if you like what you see. I preordered after trying out the beta and it's one of the upcoming RPGs I really look forward to.

cutterjohn

Cipher
Test the R2 beta and find out if you like what you see. I preordered after trying out the beta and it's one of the upcoming RPGs I really look forward to.
For what? 7 f'ing years?!

His gfx were dated back then, and now they're in Vogel style, while true the gameplay MIGHT be good, the demos show little...

I'm inclined to believe more and more that he was doing AoD just to attempt to prod mainstream CRPG makers into good CRPGs again v. console crap, however that strategy has clearly failed.

At this point IF he's intent upon making a decent game he'd be MUCH better off using NWN1 or 2 engines, although, yes, you're right no monies, other than maybe if he goes KS for a free and open NWN1(or 2) "module"...

(I still love how the early demos/exposes worked, but... we're now nearly a decade out with nothing other than those few items and even more horrendous dumbing down in the mainstream arena...)

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Actually, the demos show a lot. You haven't actually played the demo, have you?

You're out of touch, oldfag. Educate yourelf.

cutterjohn

Cipher

Actually, no I HAVE played the demos such as they are, but it's been a while and there's little in the way of a finished game other than "yeah, we're fucking with this shit or that shit...." which is where it's been at for how many years now guys? 5?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Actually, no I HAVE played the demos such as they are, but it's been a while and there's little in the way of a finished game other than "yeah, we're fucking with this shit or that shit...." which is where it's been at for how many years now guys? 5?

Which demo did you play? The one that came out earlier this year?

cutterjohn

Cipher

Which demo did you play? The one that came out this year?
Sigh that one, you pest. Clearly you have reading incomprehension skills. Beside that WTF is your actual point homer? My comments were directed to a finished released game whilst yer harping on some fucking demos...

Anyways, HTF do we fin teh hosted or whatever the fuck it is sub forum from the general forum list? If it's there I missed it...

[EDIT]
NM I see that it's actually a pseudo-top-level forum rather than a sub-forum...

going to get kind of crowded eventually, I'd hope, but I'm missing legend of grimrock... (sorry doesn't apply to my infinitron who probably couldn't comprehend that game...)
[/EDIT]

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Sigh that one, you pest. Clearly you have reading incomprehension skills. Beside that WTF is your actual point homer? My comments were directed to a finished released game whilst yer harping on some fucking demos...

Anyways, HTF do we fin teh hosted or whatever the fuck it is sub forum from the general forum list? If it's there I missed it...

The demo has an entire continuous 25% of the game that you can play in, an entire town. I don't see how you can call that "little in the way of a finished game", as if it was some kind of collection of unrelated vignettes.

So, I think your pessimism is misplaced.

cutterjohn

Cipher
Well, homer IF I'm still alive when the "finished" game is "released" in it's "entirety" lemme know, as this has gotten to be a joke so far...

[EDIT]
FFS I invested in a handheld console earlier this year, and it WILL be coming into my hot little hands by Monday, meanwhile AoD is still fucking around doing jackshit... (with ENTIRELY sw MIND you FFS!)
[/EDIT]

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Well, homer IF I'm still alive when the "finished" game is "released" in it's "entirety" lemme know, as this has gotten to be a joke so far...

[EDIT]
FFS I invested in a handheld console earlier this year, and it WILL be coming into my hot little hands by Monday, meanwhile AoD is still fucking around doing jackshit... (with ENTIRELY sw MIND you FFS!)
[/EDIT]

It seems weird to me to get all frustrated about it now of all times, after a real demo has finally been released.
Lots of crazy things have been happening this year. AoD's release isn't out of the question. ;)

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
For what? 7 f'ing years?!

His gfx were dated back then, and now they're in Vogel style, while true the gameplay MIGHT be good, the demos show little...

I'm inclined to believe more and more that he was doing AoD just to attempt to prod mainstream CRPG makers into good CRPGs again v. console crap, however that strategy has clearly failed.

At this point IF he's intent upon making a decent game he'd be MUCH better off using NWN1 or 2 engines, although, yes, you're right no monies, other than maybe if he goes KS for a free and open NWN1(or 2) "module"...

(I still love how the early demos/exposes worked, but... we're now nearly a decade out with nothing other than those few items and even more horrendous dumbing down in the mainstream arena...)
Wow, this is surely one of the early candidates for the post of the year? That part about using NWN engine was a masterstroke.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom