Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RTS Age of Empires IV - Medieval Again

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
As long as it has proper base building and resource gathering, not that CoH shit.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
nu-relic in charge of historical game

xSkMpRT.jpg

:deadtroll:

Martius

Liturgist
120051021133000.jpg

Hmm, I wonder if that ald art could mean something or Relic have some new ideas. I guess trailer was just nod to each previous game so far.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Relic...why it has to be Relic? They can't do shit about strategy games and their days of glory are long gone, as we saw in crappy DoWIII. They are literally BioWare of strategy games.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Damn, didn't see that coming. We'll see if Relic can produce a good game or not.

I want to be excited since AoE was the favorite series of my childhood, but with Nü-Relic at the helm I have zero faith in this being any good. At least if I expect a DoW3 caliber turd I can't get anything but a pleasant surprise. :negative:

Sentinel

Arcane
modern fucking Relic
after the disaster that was DoW3 and CoH2

Fucking kill me please. It's probably gonna be designed for esports cancer too, on top of 0 historical accuracy.

:negative:

mbv123

Arbiter
It's going to absolute shit and will kill the already comatose franchise for good.
Jesus fucking christ, leave AoE in peace instead of raping it's corpse.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
They are going all out with the brand after they nearly sank it with the shitty free 2 play title. First HD, then the I remake and now IV - which looks like it will be covering the I-III time frame.

Keshik

Arcane
Well, at least they'll toss in the Priest chanting for nostalgia points.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
If this doesn't suck I personally volunteer to massage Balmer's prostate and polish Bill's glasses.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom