Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Age Of Fear 4: The Iron Killer

Fluent

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy

Hey guys. :)

I searched for a thread for this game and couldn't find one so here it is. Thanks to Les, one of the developers of the game, I'm able to play it in advance and check it out. So far, it's really cool! Which is to be expected if you're a fan of the series. So in short, feel free to post your thoughts about the game and the series in this thread.

Also, I've got a few keys for the game to give them away here. So if anyone is interested and wants to play, leave a comment saying you're in and I'll do a random choice of 5 people. Best of luck!

Last edited by a moderator:

Generic-Giant-Spider

GIVE ME YOUR FUCKING KEYS.

holds gun

AND DEPOSIT YOUR SEMEN IN THIS GLASS VIAL.

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
Sod it, sign me up too. Don’t know anything about aof4 so will be a pleasant surprise to see what are the playable factions this time around.

Fluent

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Sod it, sign me up too. Don’t know anything about aof4 so will be a pleasant surprise to see what are the playable factions this time around.

Well, there is some info on the Steam page that talks about it, but I can say for sure that one of the factions is...Sea People! :D And it's very cool. I've played a few hours now and am greatly enjoying the new faction.

Anyway, you're in! Thanks for playing and good luck, Brother. :)

Fluent

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Don't be shy, now. :) I'd like to give everyone who is truly interested in the game a chance.

So, I played a few hours total. What's new? There's crafting, which seems to be pretty deep. U gather resources after each fight depending on factors like where u fought and who u fought. There's traps and snares and stuff like that, which the enemy can also use. I haven't seen Invisibility yet but it's there. The Sea People are pretty awesome, after playing close to 20 hours of AOF3 as the Nature/Forest people, the Sea People are endlessly fascinating. Their units are very cool, I can't get into details but I really like what I see. I guess it's safe to say there's Nagas and creatures like that. And some that do interesting, unique things.

Overall it's a blast so far, and challenging on Hard (I'm going to up it to Master or whatever the highest is next time I play.) Oh, and did u know these games do things based on your real life time where you're at? For example, in AoF3 u can visit the Monastery at midnight for something different to happen. Lots of secrets and cool stuff to find in these games.

Hope that helps. On Friday you guys should share your thoughts on the game here, would love to read em. :) Take care peeps, and enter the giveaway if u wish! <3

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I've had this thing wishlisted since it was announced since I really liked the previous Age of Fear games, so I'm in. Gimme that key!

Fun fact: the dev already listed Age of Fear 5 on Steam now. The series just keeps on going. :salute:

Fluent

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Id like to give it a shot as well, played 1-3 and liked it very much.

you're in! thanks & good luck. :)

I've had this thing wishlisted since it was announced since I really liked the previous Age of Fear games, so I'm in. Gimme that key!

Fun fact: the dev already listed Age of Fear 5 on Steam now. The series just keeps on going. :salute:

and i love that! i'll play every one he decides to make. :) it's a 10 year project for him so far, hopefully 10+ more years to go! :D

you're in, thanks and good luck!

Oh hey it has a native Linux version. Count me in.
:greatjob:

awesome! you're in, thanks & good luck. :)

Fluent

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
fun fact, not to toot my own horn or anything, but just giving u guys more info, I am responsible for the Colorblind Mode Les added to the game (and the rest of the series when he gets around to it.) :) It makes all the text in the game high contrast and changes the to-hit % chances to white instead of deep red. I couldn't read the red well so it was changed. Also, I suggested an upgraded Combat Log and he is working on that now, too! It's especially handy for enemy turns where u can't keep up with the previous log, and it has a solid green background now for more readable text (white text on green background.) Les is very open to suggestions so if u guys want to see anything in the games, let me know and I'll pass it along! I also asked for a possible initiative roll at the start of combat, based on the combined speed of all units on each team, in order to possibly give the enemy a chance to go first (just for varied gameplay.) Let me know what u guys think! :)

Fluent

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
I can't even tell you how good these games are for me. I'm currently 20 episodes deep (on YouTube) in the Dryad campaign for Age Of Fear 3, which is ONE of the TWO full campaigns u can choose. Well, it's simply awesome. Sooo much content keeps opening up - tons of side quests, additional battles, new merchants, new unit types, new classes, skills, items... it's simply insane. If u love that sort of thing in a tactical RPG setting (with a good story!), this game is just top notch, top shelf stuff. One of the best I've played, it's simply addictive and I can't stop playing it! :) Age Of Fear 4 will no doubt be much of the same with some really great, new improvements. :)

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Fluent my negro....I played the first one, liked it even though it was barebones. They did a total overhaul of it as I understand it and made the later ones much more open world. I'd like to give it a go or at least be in the draw. Cheers.

Fluent

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Fluent my negro....I played the first one, liked it even though it was barebones. They did a total overhaul of it as I understand it and made the later ones much more open world. I'd like to give it a go or at least be in the draw. Cheers.

hey commie! nice to see u. :) yeah, the first game is untouched because a lot of people liked it as-is, but games 2, 3 and 4 are all overhauled, open world and have tons of "stuff" to find and do. and if game 4 gets a new feature, Les ports the feature to games 2 and 3, too. :) Really cool stuff. But yeah man, you'll love 4, or 3 or 2. I cosign them 100% as being incredibly deep and fun tactical RPGs! <3

you're in! good luck!

Lilliput McHammersmith

Sign me up!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom