Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Aggressive, Racist, Courageous (Expeditions: Conquistador)

boot

Prophet
VoELjdx.png

first two posts the images are .png, may be a lot of slow down, too lazy to go back and change it. Future posts images will be jpg, pages should load faster

I played this game a while ago, my pc at the time could barely run it, and there were too many women in the game (which didn't fit the time period at all) so I dropped it. Wrote it off as another shitty pozzed up kickstarter game that was gonna break my pc even though it had shit graphics (fuck unity games).

Really though, it's a fine game men... A fine game with very little content in the way of faqs, forum posts, or LPs. I can fix that a bit.

ovGJx6I.png

a menu screen huh, yeah ok. Seen a few of those before

FxFwttP.png

We'll be doing both the Hispaniola and Mexico campaigns on Insane difficulty. Ironman, of course. Any game that gives an option for ironman should be played ironman.

8IyA0Fk.png

Insane difficulty is really not all that insane, giving enemies more sensible AI, and doubling their crit rate, also decreasing available resources in the world. Sounds worse than it is. If we don't turn the difficulty up we'll be tripping over loot and combat will be very very boring (and combat in this game is otherwise quite good I aim to show you!)

They name the difficulty setting after various conquistadors (easy: colombus, normal: cortez, hard: pizzarro)… Insane is named after Aguirre, a guy who sounds like he'd post on codex.

We don't enable sudden death, it wouldn't make much difference if we did, I don't think, but losing units is a big deal and the tool tip makes it sound kinda unbalanced, I never tried it.

apmaNhy.png

we create our expedition leader, Capitan mutt de la America Codexia, a fine men, he lacks any knowledge of basic ettiquitte, medicine, probably never washes his hands after he poos... but skilled in war and the leadership of men, as well as hunting and scouting. Our brave Capitan will never actually take to the grid in combat, but will kill people in dialogue sometimes.

He will be a fair and noble leader, but if a few subhumans die along the way :cool:

A leader needs men to lead and to this end we select our crew with a mere two requirements in mind:
1. They must not be womyn, trannys, etc. Only men!
2. They must not be cucks!
ujeF0Zx.png

Sx1uYAD.png

uj2Krqo.png
jgQDRtI.png

M0PQQOE.png

PQaVmEt.png

bqC7AFR.png

uAr19pT.png

5bMEY9k.png

T2UpP7q.png

Since half the crew is female and thus unusuable, our men have a few more undesriable traits then we'd like. Near half the crew is narcissistic, which is bad for morale. Also one of our scouts is a bit of a cuck, but the other available scout looked like a fag, which is worse. Indeed, we have chosen the best men available.

A summary of our crew selection follows below, given in great detail, forwith, etc.

We have

1 (one) doctor, but for the hispaniola campaign you don't need extra doctors very much, and for the mexican campaign we will be able to recruit a second fairly early on. Still, he will be strained, as the only guy who can craft, invent, and create medicine with any efficiency, he's also the only crew member who can tend to injuries (aside from our capitan, and god help you if you fall into his "care")

3 (three) hunters, this will give us more reliable means of obtaining meat, which we will need playing on insane. Hunters can also handle themselves in combat quite well, being the only accurate ranged combatants Spaniards possess.

0 (zero) scholars, they are shit, SHIT!!! they are essentially non combatants that are also of no help at the camp. They give a boost to your diplomacy skill if you take them along but we're brave men packing Spanish steel not diplomats ok

2 (two) scouts, very good combatants, they lack heavy armor and ranged weaponry but hit hard and move fast, good use of scouts will allow us to seize initiative and kill the enemy quickly. They're also used in a lot of non-combat cyoa situations.

4 (four) soldiers, we need at least 4 soldiers to camp safely. They'll be the core of our fighting force.

nugrjW9.png

Our final stat line, each unit under your command buffs related stat by 2.

And that's about it. Capitan mutt de la America Codexia packs his bags, readies his crew, and boards his ship.

Destination: Santo Domingo

Last edited:

boot

Prophet
prologue aka da tutorial
an awful cutscene sequence plays, paired with an awful voice over which I will not subject you to. The gist of it is that it's a hard journey, but we all make it in one piece through terrible and constant danger- to view on the horizon- Hispaniola! We put in to dock at Santo Domingo, finally we have arrived...

QxQnVxw.png

at our first loading screen. I like reading tips and bits of lore on loading screens, but we'll be stuck with this message for our entire playtime. They should've just removed the text line fully so you can appreciate the artwork. It's one of those things they should've polished out. Anyway!

NQBbcmx.png

We're stopped at the docks of Santo Domingo by this trollish looking fellow, Capitan Noriega. He demands we hand over our cargo and impounds our ship. Does this man not know the bloodine that Capitan Mutt de la America Codexia carries?!

KRfIbgb.png

We go along with it for now, leaving our doctor with the ship to keep an eye on all our crap. Can't trust these fellows. They've some obvious racket going on here. The troll looking man directs us to the governors office, and so there we go, for answers.

KZi6DDO.png

Tragically, the Codexia family name carries little weight in the New World, and we find ourselves pawns to some effeminate bureaucrat...

DE1iJiD.png

We're told to report to the quartermaster, he doesn't really say why, just that he insisted on 'testing' us. So we continue dragging our ass around the whole city for these clowns.

zvZK9ld.png

This fat guy gives us some jazz about leadership, and blah blah blah, we're thrown into a tutorial fight. I choose a hunter, a scout, and a soldier, and we go.

uvEEyPO.png

A simple 3 on 3 fight, we face a soldier, doctor, and hunter.

6mhbSrW.png

My scout runs around the flank and sticks to the enemy hunter, forcing him to engage in melee, while my hunter and soldier fire on the enemy doctor.

One important thing to note in this game is that melee attacks never miss. While ranged fighting is essential, it's mostly to supplement our melee fighters, to weaken the enemy so we dispatch them quickly when closing (and so take less damage ourselves in the melee).

Also, units have only 100hp. A few good critical hits will kill even a highly experienced well equipped unit. The combat system manages to feel very robust and fair; neither you or the enemy possess any truly overpowered units. The greatest advantage is always good positioning.

Ky5AMbw.png

Our soldier finishes the doctor off in melee, simultaneously flanking the enemy hunter, enabling our scout to do flank attacks on the hunter for big damage, and basically we've won the fight on turn two.

q5sSryg.png

The enemy soldier puts up a fight but it's already over.

jCIOe8M.png

Yeah ok big guy. We do get some exp for the fight, though (not every fight will give exp), and we've enough to promote one of our men. (exp is pooled for the entire crew)

StRNL6i.png

I choose to promote Quintero, the oldest fag on the team, and the only scout in the game who is not a cuck. If Quintero stays alive he'll make sergeant for sure.

Upon promotion a unit gets to choose one perk, gains a 5% buff to attack and defense, and are given some points to put toward their camp skills (which are, guarding, patrolling, hunting, herbalism, and tinkering). They also unlock a new skill at man-at-arms/veteran status, as well as more equipment slots (equipment buffs damage/damage reduction)

opkcGEE.png

Perks in game are anemic feeling, only a handful are really strong. The overall feeling one gets when leveling up a unit is that they have gained a small but meaningful edge that may turn the tide of a battle, but highly experienced units are always just guys with a few extra tricks up their sleeves, never ubermen. It's a good system that fits the setting and I'm pleased with it. I especially like that ranks above veteran are limited (you may have only 3 units above Veteran rank)

I give Quintero Bloodthirsty (which buffs his damage for one round after making a kill) as well as improve his guarding skill, from 4 to 7. He's also unlocked the sneak skill, which will allow him to ignore attacks of opportunity and so get around to the enemies flanks easier.

We will rely on Quintero to do most of the killing throughout our campaigns. He is a good men.

lNY3EfT.png

We report back to the governor who says we gotta kill some Indians in the jungles north-east of the city so we can get our stuff back. There is more going on here, we have not been detained and forced under his thumb just to kill indians, but with time it will make sense, surely.

We depart the governor's office...

PdZiBuP.png

and meet this fine qt3.14

EwiupVo.png

hands kissed : 1

Last edited:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Gotta say, some of those "men" of yours are pretty cucked. Peaceful? Cautious? OPEN-MINDED? I believe Vidal and Martinez are ten times the men Aragones and Trevino are despite being trannies. Or perhaps - because they're trannies.

Shamefur. Thread title should be changed accordingly to Peaceful, Cautious, Open-minded!!

ValeVelKal

Arcane
If you give this level of detail for the whole campaign, well, good luck finishing even Hispaniola :)

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Put your pics into spoiler tags and I might actually read your walkthrough.

Nice choice of game, Conquistador is much better than their follow up Viking.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Oh yeah I was gonna LP this back in the day but gave up because of the sheer slog involved.

Named my guy Juan Hector obviously, had some good times playing this game.

boot

Prophet
Gotta say, some of those "men" of yours are pretty cucked. Peaceful? Cautious? OPEN-MINDED? I believe Vidal and Martinez are ten times the men Aragones and Trevino are despite being trannies. Or perhaps - because they're trannies.

Shamefur. Thread title should be changed accordingly to Peaceful, Cautious, Open-minded!!

Argaones is the token cuck (breaking our no cuck rule only by necessity) that makes the rest of the crew look even more badass in comparison. Trevino is soft in the head but also brave in heart. And there's no way I'm letting womyn or womyn larpers on my crew.

No sir, you are the shameful one for suggesting such a thing.

boot

Prophet
If you give this level of detail for the whole campaign, well, good luck finishing even Hispaniola :)

I think the beginning of any lp requires more detail. The pace will only get faster and faster.

I've had so many misshapen abortions of LPs, something tells me this will be the one I carry all the way to the end.

boot

Prophet
Put your pics into spoiler tags and I might actually read your walkthrough.

Nice choice of game, Conquistador is much better than their follow up Viking.

if 5 people brofist your post I will put imgs in spoiler tags. I like leaving them out. Was gonna try Vikings next, read a lot of people say the opposite- that Vikings was better

boot

Prophet
Oh yeah I was gonna LP this back in the day but gave up because of the sheer slog involved.

Named my guy Juan Hector obviously, had some good times playing this game.

Most combats are over very fast, and most exploration is stuff you don't need to screenshot. I am optimistic, think it can be done at a good pace.

boot

Prophet

F6UrA0C.png

down at the docks we retrieve our gear, doctor Pedro confirms nothing has gone missing. Looks like we can finally leave the city.

ObbZKTZ.png

Before we can leave, the sweet maiden who's hand we pressed to our lips stops us- she asks permission to join our expedition...

we did say no womyn allowed, but could really use an extra hand... :hmmm:

Ft78qfX.png

Capitan mutt de la America decides it's ok if she comes along, as long she sleeps in the same tent as him ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

she agrees of course. We haven't gone back on our word ok, an extra hand is an extra hand, not like we're choosing thots as crew members over actual bros.

Before we leave to destroy the Indians, we go around town to pick up sidequests. This is an rpg game you know.

r6u40do.png

A monk asks us to deliver bibles to the city of San Tiago (and generously adds the location to our map), we agree of course.

zqGNwiV.jpg

https://www.wordhippo.com/what-is/the/spanish-word-for-cuckold.html

RLbR3OS.png

We're just about ready. Before heading out I assign 17 pieces of equipment to Quintero, and the remainder to Lopez, one of our hunters. We'll want to keep all of our equipment assigned to crew members at all times, otherwise it may get stolen- and equipment is very expensive.

y76anck.jpg

Noriega stops us at the gate for more tutorial wisdom, but we brush him off. Show time boys!

Zv2GzGO.png

Our rough plan is to head directly to the pagan site north east of the city and clear it of indians. Then we'll drop off the bibles at San Tiago, before finally beginning our search for el cornudo's missing wife in the mountains north west of the city. We'll return to Santo Domingo by descending the mountains down to the southern coast and arrive via the west gate.

Probably take us a bit more than a month, depending on how lost this woman really is. We haven't many rations but Hispaniola is littered with wild pigs to eat, and we've 3 good hunters. Should be fine.

ErgPXi9.jpg

After taking a certain number of steps (dictated by your scouting skill- we have 32) you must camp for the night, assigning crew members to perform various tasks. Roads double the amount of steps you can take, I think, but you never want to camp on a road, as it's harder to keep your camp site safe. Whenever you settle down for the night there's a chance you'll be attacked (Hispaniola Campaign has ALOT of these fights, too many imo) or stolen from.

Not much to talk about, it's all very straightforward. One thing to keep in mind though is that patrolling is non-essential. You always want to have a patrol out, but you don't ever wanna compromise your camp security for it. Herbalism is not a priority either, but thats kinda obvious. Some terrains are harder to camp in than others.

TsYzgkL.jpg

We reach the pagan site midway through our 3rd day out.

oqWwzEe.jpg

We waste no time, an attack is ordered immediately.

Jb4ppNT.jpg

only 4 of the enemy are properly armed, easy fight.

ga61dI4.jpg

I send one soldier into the ruins to force their marksman into melee, my other 3 soldiers kill a shaman using bullets, sword, and polearm. Last, my hunter and scout (Quintero) kill one of the poorly armed natives, to guard the flank of my soldier in the ruins.

Ju2Nfhh.jpg

Our first turn was so effective the enemy has no capability to do any real damage. They pile onto our hunter(Lopez), but this just leaves their flanks exposed.

xMegk0b.jpg

fk8YLhp.jpg

PofMhLk.jpg

that's that.

Urc3dvG.jpg

We loot the bodies and exit the jungle, making for San Tiago.

Last edited:

boot

Prophet
wnVCpKF.jpg

As we travel, there are different resources that we can collect by moving over them on the map, but chasing every resource is a rookie mistake. It's better to just pick stuff up that's in your way, less time you spend in the field, less chances to get robbed, ambushed, bitten by snakes.

ZsQb25K.jpg

Road to San Tiago is free of danger, we easily make our delivery. The guy we unload to tries to pull a fast one on us but we know better, and get our full payment of 2000 reales.

huwRdfz.jpg

Also enough exp now to dish out another promotion. I promote Trevino, one of our soldiers who wields polearms.

My priority in giving out promotions now is to promote all our soldiers to 2nd rank (man-at-arms). Only with a full crew of 2nd rank soldiers can you max out your camps security detail, and soldiers have by far the most gain from the promotion, getting the extremely useful Stun ability as well as abilty to equip heavy armor. We can probably win every fight in the game with just 2nd rank soldiers, best bang for buck exp wise.

I give Trevino the Relentless perk because we won't be promoting him past 2nd rank for a long time, and it's a very good stand alone perk, one activation of Relentless can change a fight. If we were promoting him higher we could stack up different perks and do some interesting shit but we're not.

hJA39Ox.jpg

We trade some extra rations for equipment before leaving. Our hunters have been doing so well, we've actually been getting more meat than we can eat and our stock of rations has been constantly growing.

You can't get rich off trading, but when your expedition is running well you can always trade extra supplies for equipment, never have enough equipment really.

uWn1JVd.jpg

we depart San Tiago moving along the northern coast, as it's safer on the coast and easier to hunt as well. Once we reach the west side of the colony we'll move south into the mountains, minimizing our time spent in the jungle.

A few days out, and we hit a village that wasn't on our map.

2mBbnpi.jpg

Nothin' going on here, but we do get a good price on some equipment

2vc1ZvG.jpg

Our token cuck Aragones asks to have a word with us out of the blue. Seems he wants permission to leave.
pc4LWu3.jpg

We grant his request and he runs off squealing in excitement like a girl.

Cuck jokes aside, this event is scripted to happen I think one week after visiting San Tiago. One of your crew with the 'Adventerous' trait will request to go off on an adventure, and it's really in our best interest to grant it, whoever asks.

It's a very good thing it was Aragones who asked, and not our doctor(Pedro) for example. We'll lose our sole patrolman for a while, but we can easily live without him.

sqG21sU.jpg

Carillo, one of our hunters, gets bitten by a damn snake soon after. Healing him will take a good chunk of our stocked medicine, poison is more costly to treat than trauma.

Often your crew will go down to injuries you have no control over, nothing to be done about it.

BpgZoUb.jpg

We've cleared to the west end of the colony, and now must begin probing the ridgeline south of us for access into the mountains.

lsUL3Jo.jpg

We find a gap in the ridge within a day, but further along to the east something is sighted, and we set off for it. When we arrive we find this creepy place. Not much info on it, I think if we'd of brought a scholar along he'd tell us some things but we don't have one.

F1UW0IJ.jpg

Also got enough EXP for another promotion, I choose Ruiz, a Sword/shield soldier. I give him Block (boosts melee damage reduction by 5%) and fill his armor equipment slots out. He'll have 50% damage reduction against melee attacks now, not too bad.

JT2LZ8B.jpg

We gain access to the south but I decide to just keep scrubbing the map since we've come so far east already, and we've had good luck so far, haven't gotten robbed or ambushed once!

As we contemplate our good fortune Quintero peeks into our tent. Capitan mutt de America pushes Isabella off his face to communicate with him more effectively.

CtN1vIU.jpg

dis guy! Aragones drops off some loot, also looks like he's learned something while he's been away.

dh9GqJx.jpg

The crew member you send will gain a random skill after returning, and looks like our guy Aragones has gained a pretty decent one.

Usually don't take defenseive skills on our scouts, but compared to a lot of the other useless crap he could've picked up this is ok. Maybe he's a good guy after all, I dunno. Maybe we can salvage this cuck.

IFcrKmA.jpg

We're scrubbing the map very peacefully, still haven't made our way into the mountains where this womyn went missing but we're getting there- when we find ourselves being stalked by this oversized sprite. It's an enemy patrol, we'll have to engage it.

And I'll just say this one time. There is something very uncanny and creepy about how oversized the patrol sprites are and how quickly they move relative to us. Often I won't see them approaching until they're right ontop of us and it freaks me the fuck out.

AIp1iyQ.jpg

Spanish rebels? Govenor didn't tell us about these guys did he? Cornudo.

Last edited:

boot

Prophet
ty for your cooperation pls upvote, subscribe, donate

i'll go back and redo imgs I guess after next update, coming soon

boot

Prophet
very soon, one hardcore elite special gayming session as I am wont to have seems to give 3+ updates

boot

Prophet
adfa

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom