Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Al Lowe's Leisure Suit Larry Remake -- Out Now

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
:necro:

Hey, this is a surprisingly good remake.

Tiers Of Joy:

:lol:

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Yeah, Josh Mandel did a great job writing this.

Too bad that because of a retard it ends here.

trustno1code did you get your rewards after all?

trustno1code

Prophet
trustno1code did you get your rewards after all?
Nope. I was almost done mourning the wasted potatoes, when one of the other screwed backers dug up Trowe's email via domain lookup a few weeks ago, and we started bugging him directly. Long story short, they got a new person into Customer Service last week (I think it's the 5th one I've had contact with) and turned out the package bounced back to them (again, I guess), because the city was missing on the label. How you forget to put that detail on there I don't know.

At least they're supposed to send it out yet again, "only" asking to cover the extra for tracking if I want it this time. Earlier on they wanted people to cover the whole cost (~40-50$) to even attempt another shipment. Anyway, it'll be a miracle if I ever see that shot-glass in one piece.
:kwanzania::negative:

At least Josh apparently didn't call it quits just yet; apart from the voice work and stuff he contributes to Asylum & Serena, he's still working with the devs that made Reloaded on two "projects":
Josh Mandel said:
What have you been up to since leaving Replay?
I’m actually working with N-Fusion some more.
I can’t mention the projects, unfortunately.
One of them would certainly be covered by AdventureGamers, the other… I’m not sure.

m_s0

Arcane
So they charge people for shipping that garbage again despite the fact that it's Replay who fucked up? :hmmm:
Earlier on they wanted people to cover the whole cost (~40-50$) to even attempt another shipment.
If it's those people who screwed up than I don't see why Replay should pay for shipping all that stuff twice, regardless of whether they're a bunch of scumbags or not. If it is Replay's fault, however: :retarded:

trustno1code

Prophet
If it's those people who screwed up than I don't see why Replay should pay for shipping all that stuff twice, regardless of whether they're a bunch of scumbags or not. If it is Replay's fault, however: :retarded:
Yeah, they had supposedly sent out 3 shipments in total in 2013, so fair enough if the error was on the backers side. But that didn't seem to had been the case, at least from the few posts I've read on the now ghost-spam-town backer forums, like this:

Now I have Lane as contact and I can't resist to copy paste her answer to my request:

"(...) It seems the address on file is wrong, can you please confirm your address as it should appear on the shipping labile? Since so many Kickstarter boxes went out, all we ask is that you pay for shipping to France. $40.00 USD for no tracking or $50.00 USD for tracking. (...)"

So first, my address is correct and I'm living at the same address for the last 10 years. I have received for the last 3 months 7 packages from the US.
Can't be sure who was really at fault, but that "Lane" character seems to have been there for like a week or something (got a "tell me what's your situation" kind of query and never heard back). And before her, the person that (as Trowe put it in an email) had been "in charge of Customer Service" at the time of the last larger shipments back in December, was apparently an intern.
So either way, lot's of :retarded: going on.

Btw, I take it Robinson never got back about those Callahan rights?

m_s0

Arcane
I haven't heard from him. The likely scenario is that he's got the game rights, but the existing Callahan's game is in limbo.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron

So I played this a good bit yesterday and even though I like a lot of the new dialog and art I ended up switching to the VGA version about halfway through. I'd say the main reason is I hate the animation (or lack thereof) in the second remake, but I also think it has a bit more of a crass tone that feels actually juvenile rather than self-depreciating and witty. The ol' VGA version instantly brought a smile to my face and I finished it in an hour or so. Nostalgia goggles mainly, but it is what it is.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy

So I played this a good bit yesterday and even though I like a lot of the new dialog and art I ended up switching to the VGA version about halfway through. I'd say the main reason is I hate the animation (or lack thereof) in the second remake, but I also think it has a bit more of a crass tone that feels actually juvenile rather than self-depreciating and witty. The ol' VGA version instantly brought a smile to my face and I finished it in an hour or so. Nostalgia goggles mainly, but it is what it is.

I recently tried out the Reloaded version... they actually switched out Al Lowe-written lines for their own. That may explain the different 'tone' of the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom