Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Alaloth: Champions of the Four Kingdoms - ARPG with dynamic overworld - now on Early Access

Mazisky

Magister
Damn, that sounds cool. A bit like Moonstone.

I think I did read that Moonstone is the favourite game of the Alaloth developer, so it shouldn't be a coincidence

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.gamebanshee.com/news/126440-alaloth-champions-of-the-four-kingdoms-previews.html

WCCFTech:

If the Alaloth: Champions of the Four Kingdoms' combat system is the first feature that most players will find unique compared to other modern CRPGs, there are plenty of other mechanics that will set the game apart. The game's world, for example, is extremely big and filled with all sorts of locations to explore, ranging from your big cities to smaller villages, caverns, tombs, and the like, and all of them have a very distinct design that is coherent with the kingdom they are located in. The developer created the world's lore with great care, and nothing in the game will contradict it for the sake of streamlining things. To make an example, it will not be possible to purchase elven items by human merchants, except for a few occasions where people, and merchants, travel, such as a particular holiday. With the world being extremely reactive to the player, we should expect many of these smaller events to happen during a single playthrough.

Fextralife:

Combat in Alaloth looks just like what you would imagine a top-down Elden Ring to look like. It features tactical, methodical, and impactful fights. Dodging and blocking are of paramount importance, as any wrong move could cost you your life.

Similarly, actually hitting enemies give off a satisfying feel. Even basic hits with a hammer look and sound like they actually have weight, due to the crunchy sound effects and subtle screen shake effect.

To further ensure that your hero is truly your own, you can choose from one of the three Ways of Power. These are The Way of Arms, The Way of the Gods, and The Way of Nature. Each of these will have different professions and Skills to choose from.

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/919360/view/3330988721851916847

Alaloth's Early Access release is almost upon us!
07f0850b66dbf92cdc8f2ebb907a0b7cbb5bea35.png

Hello Champions!

The Guerrilla Collective showcase is still going on but, hey, if you are reading this, you already know the big news! We've promised a surprise announcing our presence at the show and here we are: we're excited to invite you to craft your own story in the world of Plamen with the Early Access release of Alaloth - Champions of The Four Kingdoms on June 30, 2022.

We are going to provide details of what's going on in the next weeks, including a full development roadmap and insights about in-game contents we are working on for the launch and beyond. We are over the moon now as a team. When we've got back publishing rights in April, we took a few time to put all the pieces together to figure out the best options to release Alaloth. We thought this was the best one and we are going to give you all a bit of contest, data and info on why we have decided for the EA like this.

A new massive update is going to be released very very soon. Be right back than, just leave us a moment to realize and enjoy. Thank you for the love and support! If you've missed the new trailer, check it out here!

Skdursh

Savant
Not a fan of EA, but this does look pretty dope, so at the very least I'll be keeping watch on what the reviews look like.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Early Access? Wow such dumpster fire.
Game development costs money. Every indie runs out of money before they finish their game. Steam Early Access made possible early revenue which saved countless indies. 9/10 RPG Codex darlings released in last 5 years were in Early Access. It's flawed system that (just) works

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
I'm expecting Alaloth to actHually be good! Much better then game with such name should be. We'll see soon

ArchAngel

Arcane
Seems very Sacred like but with more of a Dark Souls combat. Hopefully it has a lot of cool features from those games.

filpan

Scholar
I'm expecting Alaloth to actHually be good! Much better then game with such name should be. We'll see soon
Me too, the last trailer gives good hope. Kenja mi se od besomucnog kliktanja u HnS igrama, ovo deluje ipak prefinjenije

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
The random drop of the day is the Credits Theme from our amazing OST: nearly 4 hours of in-house composed music. As we said, details tomorrow, but we hope it helps with the mood.

flushfire

Augur
Can't say I'm excited for this game's combat... Guy looks like he's ice skating while wearing full plate.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Seems that Senpai Avellone was quite involved with this project. Basically entire world, meta lore, factions and all companions were written by him. His involvement seems to be akin to one G.R.R.Martin had with Elden Ring. Further more, based Italian Devs who work on this game will fully acknowledge him in game credits. Nothing written by Chris was thrown away, some things were tinkered with. What else to say except: FORZA ITALIA! FORZA CHRIS AVELLONE! FORZA ALALOTH!

ZTLrOXo_d.webp

Alaloth releases on Steam Early Access today, in less then hour

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
Early-Access is out
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/919360/view/3325361214986373186
Alaloth - Champions of The Four Kingdoms
Announcement
Stand ready, Champion, and prepare to fight for Plamen!

Hello Champions!

We did it, what a rush! People everywhere can now hopefully enjoy [and break!] the game we've poured our hearts and souls in since years, now. We've fought for the game we had in mind and we've always tried to push something new and always pitched Alaloth as something in between old-school masterpieces and modern action games. "The very first isometric souls-like" we said back in 2018. The idea was to have 3D mechanics working in some way with Infinity Engine-like visuals and we can say that we are happy of the result now. It is not finished yet, lot of work has to be done, polishing is needed and that's why we are here launching EA but the game is completely playable, featuring way more features than what we originally thought and some more will be added in the next months. We already told you about our story, no need to repeat it once again. It's time to celebrate here. It will be for a few minutes only and then we'll be back at work, because the first days will be crucial. But hey, we are going to cry all the tears we have, thinking to all the issues we had to face on the way. Everytime we've been hit, we decided to go on. We've risked bankrupt, we had to deal with death and health issues, met people that nearly killed our dreams and our business but at the end we've gone through a pandemic too and we are here. We are closing a cycle today, starting a new one. Again, just give us a few minute to enjoy and take a look to our EA Launch Trailer here. For bug reports and EA related how-to, go here and follow the instructions. Please help us share the word about the release!
Next steps: a full roadmap of the things we are going to put in-game in the next weeks, a detailed list of known issues, lore and tech related updates. Join us on Discord[www.discord.gg] and tell us about your experience!

Stay tuned and welcome to Plamen!

Renevent

Cipher
Already purchased it, will try it soon. I've been watching this game for a while def one of the most anticipated game for me!

Feyd Rautha

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I was so hyped for this game but then I booted it up and was welcomed by the message: "this game is best played using gamepad". I have never been so disappointed. That's some serious popamole gameplay probably.

e: The intro begins something like "There were four kingdoms, one of them The Republic of Larastir".... Doesn't sound like a kingdom to me.

e2: Ugh I need to be able to use the mouse more. Can't even use it in menus.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom