Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Aledorn (formerly Dungeons of Aledorn) - Realms of Arkania-like RPG

Fargus

Arcane
Atom RPG

Lhynn

Arcane
Game development has gone through quite a few periods of radio silence, so I trust they are working on it, just slowly.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Not a major update or anything, but I had to check in on this, because the demo had no updates. They aren't updating that, but instead focusing on the game itself.

Hey, I'm sure inverting the mouse will be in the game. We are not able to add anything to the demo anymore, as we are continuing development and have not made/maintained a separate branch for the demo.

There will definitely be the ability to change the speed of battles, but again only in the full game.

Thank you for your interest!

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Holy crap! What a blast from the past (I really miss CrookedBee :cry: )! I even backed this :lol: I had completely forgotten about this game. This was that first KS project that *shenanigan's* happened and, well here we are... Good to see it is at least still getting still worked on.

This is that style of RPG I have been waiting forever for someone to finally do, but it looks like Archaelund is going to beat them to it (and it looks in way better shape and more completed).

That said, I do wish you luck on getting around to finishing this. :salute:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://noezgames.com/?p=388741&lang=en

Progress to date + presentation at GDS​

Greetings to all fans of RPGs, Dungeon Crawlers and all players who are fans of the Aledorn project.
I haven’t heard from you in a long time, but that doesn’t mean that nothing is happening. Of course that’s not true, the game is still being worked on hard. However, it’s still true that it’s not a priority project that feeds us, but actually just an indie project that is being worked on “in the evenings”.

Now we are working on two things in particular. Quests and various revivals and linking scenes. A lot of scripts need to be assigned to each scene to make everything work as it should. The last thing I remember, for example, was the secret entrance that could be opened from both sides. Because we have an automatic mapping system in the game, the secret entrance needs to look like a wall from each side, and at the same time it needs to be a double-sided object, so that the player can’t easily detect it from the map.

Image - opening the secret entrance

Image – opening the secret entrance​

The other issue that needs to be addressed, and is being addressed, are the states of the mechanisms. As it happens, there are a large number of dungeons that have different states. For example, doors (open/closed), levers (up/down). These mechanisms are often accompanied by various timers as well. All of this needs to be saved and counted correctly even when the player leaves the location, which we still find annoying. Because if the player, for example, presses a lever that has a delay and leaves the location in the meantime, the lever has switched, but its purpose hasn’t been fulfilled and thus the whole mechanism is messed up. We have more than enough “fun” like that.

Picture - trap door

Picture – trap door​

Another thing we are preparing for you (or already have) is Discord, which we also came up with in our internal communication from Slack. There are several reasons for this, but I guess the main one is that Slack decided not to remember history in the non-commercial free version, which can be a big problem. Discord link:
DISCORD LINK

Aledorn was also presented at the GDS 2022 conference, from which I bring some photos. We had a small booth at the conference where you could play our DEMO. Several dozen visitors also took advantage of this opportunity and we got some well-deserved feedback.

GDS 2022 visitors play Aledorn demo

Photo – GDS 2022 visitors play Aledorn demo​

Aledorn’s banner

Photo – Aledorn’s banner​

Below is a short video of our DEMA playing. In it I come across some bugs, in the course of testing DEMA not only by the community, we have discovered a lot of bugs, which we are working hard to fix.

Video – original playing of Aledorn demo​

We also took advantage of the DEMO festival on STEAM, which added a lot of wishlists, for which of course we thank you. This of course adds motivation for us to continue working on the whole project hopefully to a successful goal. Several youtubers also played the demo, links to their stream are listed here.

A little bit of the progressing Level Design. We’ve got a few more locations coming up. The first one mentioned is the area around the Abkor fortress. This is a secondary location that the player is taken to by several side and guild quests. It is a combination of forest, mountains and a small courtyard.

Picture - Surroundings of Abkor's fortress 01

Picture – Surroundings of Abkor’s fortress 01​

Picture - Surroundings of Abkor's fortress 02

Picture – Surroundings of Abkor’s fortress 02​

Picture - Surroundings of Abkor's fortress 03

Picture – Surroundings of Abkor’s fortress 03​

Another location that is very crucial for a lot of quests is the location for random encounters. A location that I’ve been putting off for a long time, especially because of the workload, is the city. This is a few neighborhoods, made mainly for fighting in the city. You can see how it turned out in the screenshots below.

Random event - battlefield city 01

Picture – Random event – battlefield city 01​

Picture - Random event - battlefield city 02

Picture – Random event – battlefield city 02​

On Monday, November 13, we will have the game included in a special STEAM event. So you can support and follow our project there too. However, we will not show anything new there. Still, there is a trailer and DEMO available for you. Unfortunately, we are not able to update the demo in any way, because the development is ongoing and the DEMO branch is no longer functional.

Personally, I don’t like to get ahead of myself, but I’m really hoping that chapter one will be released sometime next year. In terms of mechanics and content we’re already talking about six months of work, then of course it’s a matter of testing and balancing. That always takes its toll.

Otherwise, the DEMO is still on STEAM and can be played, although I know there are a few bugs in it that can cause the whole game to crash.

Thanks a lot for your support and see you in the next development update.
From the NoEZgames team

grimace

Arcane
because the development is ongoing and the DEMO branch is no longer functional.

Otherwise, the DEMO is still on STEAM and can be played, although I know there are a few bugs in it that can cause the whole game to crash.

The demo has bugs. The demo will not be patched.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
because the development is ongoing and the DEMO branch is no longer functional.

The demo has bugs. The demo will not be patched.
The demo is not relevant, because he is working on stuff that it does not have. Currently, the sewers are being blocked out. It will be the biggest dungeon in the game.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
This could be big if they released it as a medium-length campaign with modding capabilities. Market the hell out of the latter, and watch hundreds of autists modders design their own campaigns, bringing more people in, and watching the cycle continue.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom