Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Alekhine's Gun (formerly Death to Spies 3)

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Grim Monk, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    New press release:

^ Top  
  2. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker

^ Top  
  3. Outlander Custom Tags Are For Fags. Patron

Outlander
    Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
    They will fail the campaign because of low media exposure. Damn shame.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Boyarpunk Hey there, fuckface-uh! Patron

Boyarpunk
    Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Codex USB, 2014
    Any other suckers bros here donate? I did but I am surely expecting to see my donation returned to me in a month.
    Damm fucking shame indeed.

^ Top  
  5. DalekFlay Arcane Patron

DalekFlay
    It's a shame that despite the rabid anger of the Hitman community at the last Hitman game no one can look outside their fucking comfort zone and notice this series exists, and is everything a good Hitman game is.

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  6. Boyarpunk Hey there, fuckface-uh! Patron

Boyarpunk
    Did you also donate, Dalek?
    I so want to see this come to fruition but at the current $$/day rate this will be fully funded in about 134 days. :(

^ Top  
  7. DalekFlay Arcane Patron

DalekFlay
    I put in the minimum for a game code while I see how it goes. Doesn't look promising.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron

^ Top  
  9. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron

^ Top  
  10. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Metro
    Holy shit only $7k in the first week?

:dead:

^ Top  
  11. dnf Pedophile Dumbfuck Shitposter

dnf
    I can't load kickstarter of this game. I played 3 missions of the first one, but i found it somewhat boring or maybe i'm just butthurtt. Hitman Contracts is still the best for me.

^ Top  
  12. DalekFlay Arcane Patron

DalekFlay
    Try the second one if you ever get the chance. It's much better. Both games are a slower, more intense Hitman though. If you don't like it you don't like it. I did.

^ Top  
  13. TripJack Prestigious Gentleman Hedonist

TripJack
    dunno about 2 being much better, i thought it was p much more of the same

^ Top  
  14. DalekFlay Arcane Patron

DalekFlay
    I haven't played them since they came out but I remember liking 2 a lot more. I also remember 2 didn't have the silly save limitations of the first, or something like that.

^ Top  
  15. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Boyarpunk Hey there, fuckface-uh! Patron

Boyarpunk
    Not even 10% of funding needed with just about two weeks to go. There is a better chance of me getting a handjob from Emma Stone than this KS succeeding.

:killit:

^ Top  
  17. MotherMachinae Arcane

MotherMachinae
    Where is that dumb mobs crowd, throwing money for promise of good game, when you need them? Don't tell me they're run out of money because I don't believe.

^ Top  
  18. TripJack Prestigious Gentleman Hedonist

TripJack
    dumb mobs crowd never heard of death to spies 1 or 2

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  19. agentorange Arcane Patron

agentorange
    Codex 2012
    reduce all the graphics to blurry pixel art and make the main character a woman.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  20. Astral Rag Arcane

Astral Rag
    [​IMG]

:decline:

^ Top  
  21. Astral Rag Arcane

Astral Rag
    From the comments:

[​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Edward The Mediocre Arcane

Edward The Mediocre
    I don't know If I need to make a dedicated thread for this but has anyone heard any news about Death to Spies 3, you know russian hitman? Last I heard about it they made a kickstater or one of the knockoff sites of it for funding the game, and that was over a year ago.

^ Top  
  23. MaskedMan very cool Patron

MaskedMan
    Huh, you'd think they would keep kickstarter/indiegogo backers, in the loop, had to look up their facebook to find this:

Show Spoiler

[​IMG]
    Still watching the videos, apparently they've gotten a new publisher and a name change, but it looks like the same game. Never heard about Maximum Games before, they're publishing the US console release of Div OS and latest Sherlock Holmes so they can't be that bad right? Release is Nov 10 men so cancel your Fallout 4 and Tomb Ryser pre orders and get this instead.

EDIT: This article says Maximum Games are actually developing it, goddammit did Haggard finally go broke enough they had to sell everything?

Last edited: Sep 24, 2015
    • Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  24. dunno lah Arcane

dunno lah
    The game looks so much like Blood Money. Even the hud compass is the same. And why not even a single mention of Death to Spies in that interview?

^ Top  
  25. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Trademark shenanigans, possibly.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.