Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Alerts stopped alerting.

Tytus

Arcane
I encountered an issue on the forum where threads that I'm watching stopped sending alerts to me when there are new messeges in them. I can clearly see that the thread has new posts but nothing comes up in my alert section.

There is probably some explanation for this but because OP is fag and can't into internet forums, I don't know what it is.

Tytus

Arcane
Just did, and didn't help. For example there is a new messege in the nex-gen console thread (that I watch) I see it when I enter "what's new" and yet nothing shows up in my alert section.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Are you sure the alerts didn't just expire. Sometimes after a long time of receiving alerts but not posting in a specific thread, I stop receiving alerts for that thread. Opening the last page of the thread usually fixes it.

Might be a bit of a stretch, but maybe this is what's happening with you?

Fens

Ford of the Llies
your alerts are being redirected to fort meade

further inquiries are strongly discouraged

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Are you sure the alerts didn't just expire. Sometimes after a long time of receiving alerts but not posting in a specific thread, I stop receiving alerts for that thread. Opening the last page of the thread usually fixes it.
This. Alerts + Not visiting thread = no more alerts.

You only receive alerts if there are more posts since the last time you opened the thread.

EG

Nullified
And it's easy to miss an alert now and then, if your mouse pointer happens to find itself hovering above Alerts without your realizing it. :oops:

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
On that note, is there any way we can get a button that opens all alerts in separate tabs at once? It sucks waking up in the morning to come back to 20 alerts and then being forced to count them off as you open them.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
This. Alerts + Not visiting thread = no more alerts.

Yeah, I realized that just recently. Is it a hard wired feature? Or can it be changed?
Personally I'd prefer to receive alerts even for threads I haven't visited for a while.

EG

Nullified
On that note, is there any way we can get a button that opens all alerts in separate tabs at once? It sucks waking up in the morning to come back to 20 alerts and then being forced to count them off as you open them.
Little stars in Show All...

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
You can also middle click (or whatever your preferred method is for opening a new tab) the alerts link and it will open all alerts.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Speaking of alerts, I wonder what happens if I type Liberal ? Can I summon the original Liberal?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom