Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Deus Ex Alexander Brandon teasing something related to Deus Ex

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
:shredder:

Screenshot-2020-01-14-Alexander-Brandon.png

Last edited by a moderator:

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
On one hand, it could just be a remaster or a remix of the soundtrack.

On another hand, it would be dumb for the Deus Ex IP holders to not do anything related, considering the cyberpunk momentum, of, uh, Cyberpunk 2077.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Did some overeager moderator just split an old necro into 3 threads, instead of letting the original desu ex thread reach its full potential (retardo land) ?

Alpan

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
I would not expect Eidos Montreal to announce a new DX project in 2020 and then release it mid-June.

Also, I wish the thread hadn't been split -- it was rather apropos for a taxman to be attracted to a thread with "Extract" in the title.

deuxhero

Arcane
I suspect a remaster of some time with the time table Alpan mentions. Slapping shiny new graphics (and maybe touch up some mechanics) on the original would let them sell the original to console plebs.

DeepOcean

Arcane
I hate when people pull that shtick of "It is a a thing you always been waiting for." then they release Deus Ex: Candy Crush Wars or any other random shit. It is like to take a knife, stick it on the old wound and twist it.

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
Deus Ex sound track release on vinyl?
Very likely something like this. Some sort of physical format release of the full Deus Ex soundtrack, because it has never been available before (supposedly a physical CD of the soundtrack was released for the PS2 version, but I think it was a pre-order bonus or something).

Not sure why the fuck people think Alexander Brandon would be the one announcing something like a remake of Deus Ex, or why that would be something anyone with half a brain has been waiting for.

AW8

Arcane
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Not sure why the fuck people think Alexander Brandon would be the one announcing something like a remake of Deus Ex, or why that would be something anyone with half a brain has been waiting for.
I was just on the phone with RoSoDude, and, I'm not really supposed to say this, but I suppose Alex has already spilled the beans: GMDX is coming to Steam!

grimace

Arcane
The Game of the Year Edition now includes DX Multiplayer, DeathMatch, and Team DeathMatch, plus five new multiplayer maps and a built-in search engine for multiplayer servers. The bonus soundtrack CD contains 30 tracks remixed for higher audio quality. With the included software development kit, you can create standalone Deus Ex missions, build 3-D maps from scratch, or modify existing Deus Ex maps; you can also create new conversationsbetween game characters with ConEdit. The package includes a Deus Ex Windows desktop theme.

latest

The first release of Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition came with a second separate CD containing a high quality recording of the soundtrack. Note that it does not include every piece of music in the game, the tracks being made up from sections of the dynamic loops in each map or area. The Main Title theme is also the orchestral re-recorded version featured in Deus Ex: The Conspiracy.

A release of all of the music composed for Deus Ex as separate stand alone pieces (not just a music loop) would be a great way to celebrate the 20th anniversary.

I hope this new suspected release is not some limited numbered collectible.

HansDampf

Arcane
Just play GMDX. What else could a remaster give you? Triple-A gfx in Unity? Shitty console UI? Technically superior voice acting that loses the charm of the original?

I may be confusing remaster with remake.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom