Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Alien rpg

Communist

Prospernaut
Possibly Retarded
I can't imagine an RPG in the Alien universe. This monster is just an element in some kind of pulp universe. Perhaps this is the same world where Leslie Nielsen rescued a naked woman from sexual assault by a robot.
This book just looks like a more advanced version of the Space Hulk rules. Then I do not understand why so much effort should be spent on this game. The Alien franchise was clearly inspired by the 2000 AD comics, if a meticulous player needs to develop all this nonsense, then he will choose all that Space Hulk.
Of course, Predators (fighting cocks from Tau) or naked bald men (some theosophical nonsense from the World of Darkness) can be connected to this business, but then it will be a different game. Why do we need an RPG in the Alien universe?

Dayyālu

Arcane
This monster is just an element in some kind of pulp universe.

Bro, your meds.

Perhaps this is the same world where Leslie Nielsen rescued a naked woman from sexual assault by a robot.

Bro, your meds.

This book just looks like a more advanced version of the Space Hulk rules. Then I do not understand why so much effort should be spent on this game.

Bro, your meds.

The Alien franchise was clearly inspired by the 2000 AD comics,

BRO, THE MEDS

Of course, Predators (fighting cocks from Tau) or naked bald men (some theosophical nonsense from the World of Darkness) can be connected to this business, but then it will be a different game.

THE MEEEDS

Why do we need an RPG in the Alien universe?

For the meds.

Silva

Arcane
I can't imagine an RPG in the Alien universe. This monster is just an element in some kind of pulp universe. Perhaps this is the same world where Leslie Nielsen rescued a naked woman from sexual assault by a robot.
This book just looks like a more advanced version of the Space Hulk rules. Then I do not understand why so much effort should be spent on this game. The Alien franchise was clearly inspired by the 2000 AD comics, if a meticulous player needs to develop all this nonsense, then he will choose all that Space Hulk.
Of course, Predators (fighting cocks from Tau) or naked bald men (some theosophical nonsense from the World of Darkness) can be connected to this business, but then it will be a different game. Why do we need an RPG in the Alien universe?
Bro..

7aaf218cc36ca2c7ca521d747014bda2.jpg

Lagi

Savant
hey i playtest it with another dude. I was a game mother and i was attacking single marine on some generic space ship.

unfortunetly the combat is not fun. You need to flip the pages all the time to find the needed table (stress, wound, roll modifier, actions available, signature attacks). There is lots of mechanical "pits" during combat, that harm the narration. Like you are all the time locked with alien in melee, i make action to push him back (roll check) and move there, alien move and attack and is again close, and player cannot escape behind the door f.ex. . If you roll for detecting Alien early it doesnt make a sens, because he would be close to you just in 2x turns (so you will shoot once) evem from long range.
Alien random attacks are ... not very dangerous usually, and gets repetitive very fast.

Its better to ignore the whole combat system and just roleplay the encounters.

The normal skill checks are quite nice, and this mechanic of stress, and pushing rolls (rerolling fails) are nice.

the book is gorgeous. i like reading the tables for random stuff at the end.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
I'm disappointed in that this thread is not about Aliens RPG by Leading Edge Games... the system was.... memorable to say the lease.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom