Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Aliens: Dark Descent - real-time squad-based tactical action

barker_s

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
The game being real-time is a bit of a downer, but I guess I'll :d1p: it anyway. I'm a sucker for Alien franchise.

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Well, I will hold my judgement until I see at least 5 seconds of gameplay - its too early to tell how shit this is gonna be right now.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Good idea to put 2 seconds of gameplay at the end of your trailer.
Oh well, it sure looks like Aliens.

That's 2 seconds more than most trailers have these days.

I was hoping this could be like Isolation but it looks more CINEMATIKK like Fireteam Elite or Colonial Marines. So that's a no from me dawg.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
It irks me that apparently nobody knows what xenomorphs are even after all the movies. There are books that take place afterwards in the time line where the Marines now know exactly what xenomorphs are and still fuck up. They don't need to be unknown threats to be dangerous.

Last edited:

sser

Arcane
Developer
1:26

Pretty sure that's a common M1 Garand sound effect being used for the Pulse Rifle :lol:

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Aliens tactical games - yeah!
"Action", and "squad of 5" - fuuuu.
:keepmymoney:
Only 5? That sucks, how are 5 grunts going to fight a crap load of aliens? There were, what, 10 marines in Aliens, and they got slaughtered.
Of all the times to ape X-COM / UFO, they chose not to do it this time.
:decline:

I'm just saying, an xcom-like where you're trying to protect some colonies from a xenomorph infestation and you have to deploy fragile troops to clear out nests or save colonists would have been great.

ciox

Liturgist
xQFZQzr.png

giX9URj.png

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Title looks way too similar to Amnesia TDD. Didn't any of their producers notice this?

Aliens but Xcom is one of those such obvious things that devs keep missing out on. What fucking idiots they are. Customizable squad of guys with abilities, stats and progression. Proc gen ships and bases full of Alien infestations. Research to unlock bigger and better guns and stuff. There's your game. You can make it on a lower budget. It doesn't have to be triple A. But no it all has to be shooters or this shitty real time bollocks.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2

Hımm, I kinda like what I saw despite being real time but I dare not hope.
We will also be battling against some failed human/alien experiments I think.

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom