Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

All I want for Christmas is...?

Usually on December (totally by chance) I put my dirty paws on some free MMO, or at least some kind of massive, and stick with it through thick and thin for a while.
It's been like this with Anarchy Online, Star Conflict, Eve Online, Tabula Rasa, SWTOR and surely something else I'm forgetting right now.
The problem is this year I see absolutely no possible contender for the title.
I'm open to suggestions. Betas will do, anything will as long as it's free.

kreight

If you haven't tried Lost Ark yet you might as well do so. The russian version will be getting a big update on December 16th with the new class - Paladin. Its free but you need VPN.

There is also a couple of chinese mount and blade style MMOs - Conqueror's Blade and Blood of Steel. Both are f2p.

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
Star Trek Online usually has some christmas celebrations. Its just a shame there's no real end-game you just grind and occasionally get a cameo by some actors from the shows.
Though it took a turn for the worse when they started adding the Discovery stuff. For me I just go back because of buyers remorse lol.

possibly new stuff, guys. i've been in sto since beta.
see? that's what i said, there's absolutely nothing worth to be played.

been there, done that. unsatisfying. unfun skills, mandatory focusing on as few as possible, pointlessly wide whatsitsname where you spend points.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Fiber optic internet, preferably of the highest tier for a cheap or free price with unlimited data usage.

Humanophage

Arcane
tried that too, got bored in two days because of grind.
You're playing it wrong if you're grinding. You are supposed to play the market and do PvP. No need to do "raids" at all. It is part of the appeal of the game that you can get in a brief clever 1-minute market flip/salvage what a normie is wasting 30 minutes grinding for.

The main issue for me is that the PvP is too addicting with the one more short match and short queues principle, so I dropped the game before it became too much of a habit.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom