Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Alright, I did it...

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I bought Skyrim. I played all the previous TES games, but I avoided Skyrim after Oblibion clusterfuck (in fact, thanks to Oblivion I discovered RPGCodex, because everywhere else I've been silenced when speaking how shit Oblibion was).

I already played Enderal total conversion, it was quite decent, but now it's time for vanilla. I haven't started playing it yet, didn't even make a character, but I already installe 98 mods and thinking what to add. Will I get bored after 3h of gameplay? Will see! I hope it ain't as shit as I expected.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I bought Skyrim. I played all the previous TES games, but I avoided Skyrim after Oblibion clusterfuck (in fact, thanks to Oblivion I discovered RPGCodex, because everywhere else I've been silenced when speaking how shit Oblibion was).
Even Arena and Redguard? :obviously:
Arena yes, Redguard no, but I completely forgot it exists.
I also didn't play Tribunal tbh.

Konjad

Patron
You could have at least had the decency to not physically remove it from an inventory.
signal-2021-11-19-164817-001.jpg

:popcorn:

Codex Year of the Donut

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Vanilla is ridiculously boring. I got bored after you get some quest with the witches. I was just blasting through everything so easily. It was hard to believe because I liked vanilla Oblivion. I played the hell out of it in high school, but damn, maybe it was all due to the graphics that were a major leap from the shit I was used to that made me enjoy Oblivion so much because I couldn't enjoy vanilla Skyrim whatsoever. It's not like I'm some Cuckdexer that pretends that Age of Decadence was a good game either.

Anyways, Requiem or YASH really makes the game a great experience with all the added mods. It's all the modding that makes it bearable, but I wouldn't try at all to play the game with the vanilla system. At the very least, the lightweight YASH is a must. I'm not huge on modding, but that's the only way to enjoy this game. This isn't like Fallout: New Vegas where you only need a few patch modes and JESawyer's patches to enjoy it.

Konjad

Patron
I started playing, the game dropped me 1€ card

Capture.jpg

Considering that for the game + delivery I paid 7€, if I sell it then the price I paid will be 6€ in total. It was worth buying for Enderal, if I get some fun from vanilla, that's a bonus!

Azdul

Magister
if it's not even special edition then you're just dumb tbh
hasn't been a case for playing non-SE for a couple years now
Original Skyrim is buggy - but at least it has the same bugs since 2011. That's why there is no official Requiem or Ultimate Skyrim for SE - you need 10 years of Bethesda not meddling with the code for modders to fix it.

SE is more stable out of the box - but Bethesda keeps 'improving' it. When Requiem for SE was just about to be released - new update on 11th of November reintroduced double perk bug.

So you either install DLLs written by always thrustworthy anonymous Russians to fix original edition - or enjoy Bethesda interns attempts at improving SE. Tough choice - but I had much more success with the former.

Funposter

Arcane
Yeah, 3.1gb memory limit is nothing with modded Skyrim. You'll be crashing a lot if you play heavily modded, especially if you want COOL GRAPHICS.

jackofshadows

Magister
Eh, nothing shameful about playing Bethesda games. Treating them like the best thing ever is, though. Like normies and a certain user around here do.

Skyrim is an okay game, awfully boring if play "normally" and w/o mods, however.

LarryTyphoid

Scholar
One time when I was a kid, I unironically larp-walked from Helgen to Whiterun (meaning I held shift the whole time). I'm really glad I got past that point of my life.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom