Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Alright, I did it...

Sarathiour

Cipher
One time when I was a kid, I unironically larp-walked from Helgen to Whiterun (meaning I held shift the whole time). I'm really glad I got past that point of my life.

That's the best part of the game, you monster.

Tavernking

Don't believe his lies
Developer
You'll quickly realise how unchallenging the combat is in vanilla. It's more of a logistics simulator that anything skill-based or stats-based. Just bring enough potions and you can win anything.

Do yourself a favour and try the Ultimate Skyrim total modpack. It has hundreds of mods, and they don't crash because they've been curated to work together. The combat becomes interesting. The graphics also look way better than what you've got. https://www.ultimateskyrim.com/

Bigg Boss

Arcane
lmao you bunch of faggots would suck todd's cock if he promised you he will include some random mod in his game and re-release it for $50
Says the guy playing Skyrim.

You'll quickly realise how unchallenging the combat is in vanilla. It's more of a logistics simulator that anything skill-based or stats-based. Just bring enough potions and you can win anything.

Do yourself a favour and try the Ultimate Skyrim total modpack. It has hundreds of mods, and they don't crash because they've been curated to work together. The combat becomes interesting. The graphics also look way better than what you've got. https://www.ultimateskyrim.com/

Now you just need several days to get it installed and working right.

Ladonna

Arcane
in fact, thanks to Oblivion I discovered RPGCodex, because everywhere else I've been silenced when speaking how shit Oblibion was

I wonder how many of us there are.

I think I have a photo from the Bethesda Refugee Crisis, hang on.

iu

Yeah, there were a few of you coming in.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Thanks, but too late, I'm already 10h in and not gonna restart. But I appreciate the recommendation.

I did install plenty of gameplay modifications separately to make combat more authentic and deadly though.

Tavernking

Don't believe his lies
Developer

Thanks, but too late, I'm already 10h in and not gonna restart. But I appreciate the recommendation.

I did install plenty of gameplay modifications separately to make combat more authentic and deadly though.

Well if you give up or want to give it a second playthrough with all the DLCs, look into it. It made Skyrim my favourite game.

Absinthe

Arcane
lmao you bunch of faggots would suck todd's cock if he promised you he will include some random mod in his game and re-release it for $50
Konjad, practically the only fucking reason anyone bothers with Skyrim is its reams and reams of mods. The game is shit. The hope is that modded Skyrim is not total shit. You apparently have difficult-to-mod Skyrim.

Anyway, it looks like Skyrim needs a 4GB patch to work, so take this thing: https://ntcore.com/?page_id=371 and apply it to TESV.exe or whatever the game executables are (pretty sure it's TESV.exe). Otherwise it sounds like you're down to 2GB of memory in your 32-bit edition, which will rape your modding experience.

Ash

Arcane
Reminder that Skyrim is the best selling RPG of all time. Reminder that you are living in an age of decadence.

Codex Year of the Donut
Reminder that Skyrim is the best selling RPG of all time. Reminder that you are living in an age of decadence.
Merely by virtue of the length of time it has been out for + platforms it's available on.
In terms of actual sales performance, Witcher 3 probably tops it. Witcher 3 has had surprisingly strong sales figures for years after release, something few games experience.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Merely by virtue of the length of time it has been out for + platforms it's available on.
In terms of actual sales performance, Witcher 3 probably tops it. Witcher 3 has had surprisingly strong sales figures for years after release, something few games experience.
I'm glad obtained money was well spent and we've got Cyberpunk

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I gave up with my recent bout of Skyrim SE modding. There have been some great improvements in the visuals and combat gameplay (particularly 3rd person combat gameplay), but I realized that my computer is just too old to take advantage of the best of what modding has to offer. I'll have another go after an upgrade.

Lambach

Arcane
I gave up with my recent bout of Skyrim SE modding. There have been some great improvements in the visuals and combat gameplay (particularly 3rd person combat gameplay), but I realized that my computer is just too old to take advantage of the best of what modding has to offer. I'll have another go after an upgrade.

Requiem is the only mod unrelated to graphics that makes Skyrim worth playing and it's not supported by SE, so unless you're an acolyte of The Todd, everything post-Legendary Edition is pretty worthless.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

Requiem is the only mod unrelated to graphics that makes Skyrim worth playing and it's not supported by SE, so unless you're an acolyte of The Todd, everything post-Legendary Edition is pretty worthless.

There are numerous pick and mix options for SE (for example the Simon Magus collection of overhauls to various aspects of the game). I tried an early version of Reqiuem yonks ago, and tbh I don't think Skyrim plays very well if you depart too much from the original gameplay. The world just isn't built for anything much more complicated than popamole gameplay. It is what it is. But you can make the popamole gameplay a bit more intricate, challenging and enjoyable.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom