Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Altais: Age of Ruin - New Tabletop RPG

Mloren

Novice
Hi all,
I've started a new gaming studio in Melbourne, Australia and I'm crowd funding our first tabletop RPG.

Altais: Age of Ruin
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1121209158/altais-age-of-ruin-a-dystopian-fantasy-rpg

ProjectImage1.png

Altais is a dystopian fantasy set far in the future, where the land has been ravaged by magic, where once noble kingdoms have fallen into tyranny and rebellion, and where the players can work to save the world or dance in the ashes. This will be the first book in the Rephaim War saga, a new series of games about humanity waging a war throughout the ages: from their early beginnings on primordial earth to their distant future on a faraway world.

Depending on our success we plan to expand it into a campaign arc from the beginning of human history, through to the War across the planes and beyond. It will be a series containing both science fiction and fantasy elements, focusing on adventure and the ongoing struggle against the horrors of the past.

death-march-small1.png

We begin at the end of the story: humanity has fled their home to other worlds, built new civilizations and waged countless wars. Society has fallen and technology has been lost, but now on the distant world of Altais they try one last time to rebuild while the ancient enemy, the Rephaim, claim more territory every year. It is a desperate and dangerous time, the perfect time for heroes.

KingdomOfSerpents.png

The core book will be a beautiful full color, heard cover book. I'm posting frequent updates which you can view on the kickstarter page and so far I've detailed three of the kingdoms, magic, planar travel and the system we are using.

You can also find out more about the game on our website:
http://parheliagames.com/

Have a look, back us, share the links with your friends and let us know what you think!
I'm always interested in feedback :)

Dragon.png

P.S Hope you like the art :)

Unwanted

Contrite

Andhaira
Andhaira
Mloren Art looks very nice, and the game system info in the updates appears fun too. It's a shame the kickstarter looks like it will fail though. I hope you still publish the game, at least as a pdf.

Mloren

Novice
Hi all. A few years ago, I kickstarted my RPG, Altais, and now it’s available and on sale! I'm not the best at marketing, so it would be great if you could check it out and tell your friends!

http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/221667/Altais-Age-of-Ruin?src=forum

Altais is a dystopian fantasy game about technology mistaken for magic. A lot of focus is on the unique magic system which involves manipulating other dimensions to create magical effects. Everyone can learn magic, in fact it’s instinctive and people often use it without meaning to, but it’s also forbidden and those who use it are hunted. We focused on realistic medieval societies and a darker tone than D&D, but it’s also a game about the end of the world and the fall of humanity, both literally through invasion, and figuratively through corruption and superstition.

Last edited:

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
I'm a bit strapped for money atm (having just started my own business), and I usually buy the print version along with PDF, so it's a no go for me at the moment, but I'd be happy to look at the rules if they have a free quickstart.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom