Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Alternative RPG Codex GOTY 2015 VOTE!

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Jesus Christ so many low numbers for PoE. What the fucks is up? I understand the game probably did not deliver 100% but damn...
What happened was enough good competition, and also Age of Decadence & Underrail.

I thought voting was supposed to reflect the user's opinion on the game overall not by comparison to other games. If you give Underrail 9 and PoE 3, does it mean that Underrail is a 9/10 just by comparison to PoE?
You have to compare it to something, right ? And since it's the poll over yar 2015, you compare it to games in that year.

kwanzabot

Cipher
Shitposter
Jesus Christ so many low numbers for PoE. What the fucks is up? I understand the game probably did not deliver 100% but damn...
What happened was enough good competition, and also Age of Decadence & Underrail.

I thought voting was supposed to reflect the user's opinion on the game overall not by comparison to other games. If you give Underrail 9 and PoE 3, does it mean that Underrail is a 9/10 just by comparison to PoE?

IDK about why other people gave it low numbers, some probably just hate obsidian but personally i really didn't like the game and i gave it a 5

i really didnt like the no xp/kill system

i didn't like how static the world was

i didn't like the encounter design for the most part, i thought the vast majority of fights were boring

i didn't like how unnatural the characters in game spoke, like i was reading wikipedia articles instead of speaking to a 'person' in the world

i don't like the whole soul thing/watcher story i think it's kinda stupid

there's probably some other stuff i'm forgetting, i only got it like a month ago and only played for like 4-5 hours before i got bored and quit, i doubt it gets better then it was though so i'll probably never go back to it

mostly gave it a 5 for the graphics/artwork

bloodlover

Arcane

You have to compare it to something, right ?

No, you don't have to. For ex. F2 is a great game on its own merits not because it is worse or better than F1. PoE can be shit/good on its own by the same argument.

It is good to have competition but by praising something (movie, book, Tv-show, game) just by comparison to another one does not do justice to either of them.

Then again, we are on the Codex. I doubt there is a reasoning for everything that's going on here :lol:

janjetina

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
Age of Decadence: 9
+ : infinite content/filler ratio, good writing, interesting setting, finally a RPG where scheming and plotting is a rule, meaningful choices, different ways to accomplish quests, replayability
- : only major flaw in the game is the camera

Underrail: 8
+ : well implemented combat, good setting and interesting factions, big game world
- : too many unavoidable trash encounters, respawning monsters

Pillars of Eternity: 5
+ : looks nice
- : mediocre writing, mediocre combat system, bad encounter design, repetitive

Witcher 3: 3
+ : story seems interesting
- : abysmal twitchy action combat, simplistic character system

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom